Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

I think this sums it up fairly in every respect….

Support is back today yet my ticket from last Thursday still has no resolution and responses on this forum are not forthcoming.

I am a businessman and have various operations, the key to my business is response time to my clients, in this day and age it is one of the single most important things.

Keep up the good work, but remember that a lot of your users are not developers or technical wizards and products shouldn’t be released until measures are put in place to resolve problems with them.

renejdm Friend

@ Walt,

Well said! But you do not have to have the facebook comments. I deleted them and replace them with Komento for Stackideas. You might want to check it out. They have a free version (with backlink) and a paid version (without). It works great with Wall.

Rene

Oh. I just wanted to add that Komento can also be used for K2 and other components, so you can one commenting solution on your site.

renejdm Friend

Hi all,

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. JA Wall is the most exciting joomla template I have seen to date. It solves many problems for me (and probably others). It helps create content for your site. I develop software and I have very little time to create content. The other problem it solves is working (mostly; when adding 3rd party components) on all devices. While the majority of people accessing my websites have desktops (according to google analytics), this may change in the near future. I will be converting all my websites to responsive templates because of this. Joomlart is a leader in the field with responsive and it is the reason why I became a member one month ago.

So even though the documentation is not complete I have patience. However, in order to make JA Wall truly great we need the JA K2 Filter component (as well as Amazon S3 storage). If you agree then please let Joomlart know that these components are critical to having a really great wall.

Good luck to everyone on building their portals!

Rene

cybernun Friend

SWISSA.

I blundered into selecting this responsive template for my client because he absolutely wanted no issues with portable devices and I thought, hey, this looks like the answer. And, of course, it’s gorgeous.

But everything you wrote is on target. Why did they rush? Joomlart is already great and it was hard-won greatness. That current LOGO issue you and I are working on in another post is but one small example.

Anyway, BRAVO for speaking up. You and Brett give me hope during late hours of dark frustration. 🙂

websa Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 320961 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you swissa for starting an interesting discussion about the new wave of responsive templates JA is bringing into Joomla.
    The conversation is in weekend so I was not able to join. The official launch was on Thus last week and we only had Friday to resolve tickets on the wall. The team is now back on a Sunny Monday and answer all opening issues.</blockquote>

Hi Hung. Simple answer to your response. If you’re planning a big launch, don’t do it a day before a weekend when you know that youand your staff will be unable to “join in” and respond on the Monday only. 😉

andybott Friend

<em>@dave_logic 320699 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    K2 Extended Classes: Using this from the K2 extra fields / groups does not take into account people like me that already have different K2 extra fields setup per category…Firstly K2 does not have a hidden field option so the CSS class shows as an Additional Information on the article itself. Secondary the Extra Field Group MUST be called Extended Classes or it does not work so If you have multiple Groups you can’t use the templates…

David</blockquote>

Junk ! want my money back – tempted to ask for wages for the two days I spent F**King about with this rubish

pedrox Friend

<em>@andybott 322337 wrote:</em><blockquote>Junk ! want my money back – tempted to ask for wages for the two days I spent F**King about with this rubish</blockquote>

Hein, Ja_Wall has problems, but do not exaggerate, my installation is running reasonably well … Try to be more patient. I simply do not understand how people can find so many problems? I rarely use the forum to ask for support … And before you ask for support, I always search the forum.

If my installation is going well, because its not ??

Be patient and attentive, and certainly achieve better results

andybott Friend

It’s always the same though. I get angry because I am always let down by these templates. It is simply pointless to waste the K2 extra fields function (one of the main advantages of k2 over content) by making the “extended fields” field visible. Now I have to edit the code to detect the field and not display it. I paid $$$ for a half ass unfinished pile of unsuported code. I am glad your installation that runs “reasonably” well is staticfying you, for extra premium money i want more than “reasonably” working. I want it to work. not sure I expect to be patient when I have paid for a product.

Your comment is like saying, “here is your brand new BMW sir, is very flashy but it wont turn left… try to keep on roads that go the other way.”

kairey Friend

I have to agree with the principles you state andybott….

Its not good enough paying even more money for a half arse template….. it should work is that too much to ask, or have sufficient documentation to make people aware of what can and cannot be done….

renejdm Friend

@dave_logic @andybott

So far I have not had any problems creating extra field groups and applying them to different categories. Everything works as expected.

Rene

andybott Friend

With Respect Renejdm you miss understand the problem – Creating extra fields, putting them into groups and displaing them in content is all fine. In fact it works well and is nicely laid out. My issue is that JA have used an extra field called “extended classes” to set layout params in “wall” views, for example the “extended class” field containing “hilite” will cause the item in category views to go orange as a highlight. This is a great idea but they have not bothered to add some code to the item.php to hide the “code” extra field. Which means i either have to have code displayed in my “additional info” (which i dont!) or I can’t use extra fields for anything else (because i would need to hide the whole extra field block in params)

In an attempt to be sporting – and in case others are having the same frustrations you may want to add the following code to the foreach in item.php (in my file it is line 288)

So after
    <?php foreach ($this->item->extra_fields as $key=>$extraField): ?>
    paste
    <?php $classnote = ‘Extended Classes’;
    if ($extraField->name == $classnote) continue; ?>

hope this helps

dave_logic Friend

<em>@renejdm 322347 wrote:</em><blockquote>@dave_logic @andybott

So far I have not had any problems creating extra field groups and applying them to different categories. Everything works as expected.

Rene</blockquote>

Hi, there is no problem assigning different field groups to different category’s -this is core K2. I already have several different groups of fields as part of my main site. The problem is that the only field group that will work with JA wall classes is the one called extended classes therefore if I have another field group called say Dogs types (using your site as an example ) and and the extra field extended classes then it does not work. The end result is that only one field group can be called extended classes and only one field group can have the ja templates applied. Also, as K2 does not support hidden fields the class will show up in Additional information on the article which is not desirable really. It would have been better IMHO to have the classes applied using a plugin of some sort.

Dave

renejdm Friend

@andybott @dave_logic

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I was unaware of this. I haven’t even tried to change the color or size of bricks yet. But I can see that this issue will be a problem for me. I am sure (hopefully) the developers can work something out to satisfy everybody.

Rene

dave_logic Friend

Thanks.

D

andybott Friend

Probably worth saying that menu item tags doesn work either

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  napatjo 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum