Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Market Samurai is an awesome tool That will even give you a twelve day trial .However remember when choosing keywords don’t seek the most frequently searched words.Seek words that draw traffic with low to medium competition that are relevant to your content.:)

heidilampard Friend

<em>@mdodd 187374 wrote:</em><blockquote>Keyword selection is where a lot of people get hung up. Choose the wrong keyword and you get no traffic. It is also very important to analyze the sites you will be competing against. If page 1 of Google is filled with aged – 5-10 year old domains – with massive amounts of incoming links you will find it very challenging to break through. </blockquote>

Sometimes people try to play too safe by going with keywords that have no as much competition. Well guess what, I used to do that too, until one day I decided to beat all the most competitive keywords in my niche. I only spent 3 days a week doing seo stuff, and after about 2 months, I’m moved up to page 2-3 for very difficult (and highly searched for) keywords.

I never did much keyword research, I just choose which I wanted and worked towards that. That’s what’s most important I think.

splico123 Friend

<em>@heidilampard 216512 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sometimes people try to play too safe by going with keywords that have no as much competition. Well guess what, I used to do that too, until one day I decided to beat all the most competitive keywords in my niche. I only spent 3 days a week doing seo stuff, and after about 2 months, I’m moved up to page 2-3 for very difficult (and highly searched for) keywords.

I never did much keyword research, I just choose which I wanted and worked towards that. That’s what’s most important I think.</blockquote>

I have to agtee on this and i will tell you what i have done and it showed to be a bullseye.
    After setting up website i have made articles as everyone is doing but i did take time to set up each articles meta tags and keywords for that article. This is important right at start and you should be dilligent with this part.

After all articles are written i went to SEO mode. Basically i have compiled keywords from all articles and have chosen them by importance and repeatability. Those keywords i have put on my website main keywords.

I have since then used <em> and other tqgs to emphasize those keywords in all articles, also making sure that whatever article is showing on front page to at least have few keywords included.

This method has proven to me that it works like a charm, and i have made keywords as relative to article content as i could.

And simply it works for me on multiple sites.

Hope that helps to few of you who are starting up.

Best regards

splico123 Friend

Yes thats true and also try to put yourself into the shoes of a visitor and ask yourself how they would search for your topic. That is sometimes hard to do for programmers and coders. But it works too. You need to look at the whole picture from a point of interest of others. I used my little daughter for this a lot.
    I ask her how would you search for a story like this and she would type in google words which almost allways end up being right on the point.

taniasharma Friend

SEO or web promotion is complete game of keywords. You will use keyword tools for select the keywords like I use Google Adwords Keyword tool for select the keywords of my website. This tool is provide local and global searches related to my targeted keywords with Country and Language vise. Sometime I don’t choose right keywords then it suggests me relevant and right keywords for my website.

thedigger Friend

Its hard to find specific keywords now. Every useful keywords are highly competitive. The seo strategy should be target either a city or state. The best idea is if my business is in london only then my tld would be .co.uk and the web hosting must be from uk to get success.

mogetnow Friend

<em>@eship 208678 wrote:</em><blockquote>Keyword selection is the first step to making the SEO campaign!
    When you choose good keywords, you have gained 20% to win!</blockquote>

I think before We have choose easy keyword to seo.

deviana Friend

<em>@felix99 184391 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think the best tool in the market for keyword research is still google adword keyword tools. But for more comprehensive analysis, you can use Market Samurai, they work based on Google keyword.</blockquote>

yes I agree with you Google adword good tool and you must research to with Google trend

pattinson Friend

Choosing the Right Keywords

The most time consuming part of the whole process is usually finding the right keywords or phrases to use. Following these rules should make the decision a little easier:

· Who needs this service? Try to think about who would be interested in what the site has to offer. Then use these terms as keywords to reach a targeted audience.

· Include variations of the keywords: people search with a variety of terms so try to add misspelled words, capitalize some of them or add the plural version. Remember that people make mistakes, so by adding these words, the engine should pick up on traffic that the other sites have not taken into account. And what about people in other areas of the world? If they use a different term to describe a topic, this should be considered. For instance, in North America, the back of a car is called a “trunk”, but in the U.K. it is called the “boot”.

· Be specific: the more detailed the words, the better return the site will get. Be sure that all keywords are relevant to the site’s content.

Although search engines vary in how their sites are indexed, one thing is similar: the ranks are based on the chosen words. Before submitting any site to a search engine, it is important to think about the words being chosen. First, think about which words the average person would use to find the page. Then go to the competitor’s site and look at which keywords they are using (view the HTML source code). While there is no need to copy what the competitor is doing, it should give a good indication of why they are ranking so high. After this has been done, narrow the choices down between three to five words. Then test the competition for these words in a search engine such as Google, by typing in all keyword and phrase ideas. Or, for more help, try Wordtracker.

Catching the Eye of the Spider

Search engines often use spiders to crawl the Web, looking for keywords to pull from all sites. The spider basically counts the number of words on the page and determines what the keywords are by choosing which ones are used most frequently. These words then become the search terms when the spider takes this information back to the engines for ranking. Spiders also recognize key phrases as a single keyword.

Remember not to use common words, such as “the” or “and” because spiders have been programmed to ignore these words.

Keyword Placement

The best areas of the Web site to put keywords for spiders to catch are in the HTML title tag; page text; Meta description and tags; ALT tags; comment tags; and the URL.

The Title tag is at the top of the page, and basically describes what the page is about.

Be sure to include key phrases on the home page since it has the best chance of being indexed (and the only one cataloged by some search engines). Keep in mind keyword prominence (keywords should be at the start of the page or sentence), proximity (how close each keyword is to another), density and frequency. The recommended density is three to seven percent, which means that the keyword should be repeated three to seven times for every 100 words.

Meta description and Meta tags basically describe the content on the site. This can be essential for some search engines because it is the only tag supported. Each Meta tag should be no more than 250 characters in length (that is only what some results pages show), and should be used on all pages.

ALT tags, which are the captions provided for pictures, can also be used as a way to boost keyword usage and therefore, ranking. Although these tags are primarily used to describe the images on a site, they also make it accessible for the visually impaired.

Comment tags are usually made up of Webmasters’ notes within the HTML code. Some search engines use these for indexing.

Finally, the URL should have some keywords within it. It is also a good idea to include keywords in some of the file names.

elmanarah Friend

Guys moving on to 2013 I think that its requires more efforts and tricks to make your keywords rank well.Google have decreased the role of Anchors so Keyword selection is really key.All big GURU’s will tell you do this and that natural way but until or unless you have great team or site this natural stuff is extremely difficult to Implement.We can do it smart way.Few things that we all need to consider for keyword Selection these days.
    1.Select one major keyword and look for at least 3 alternate keywords similar to it.
    2.Rather than bombarding backlinks with same anchors rotate them wisely to make them look natural.
    3.Use these alternate keywords even in your content in such way that It make reader feel natural.
    4.Major keyword need to appear in Title twice but add it wisely so that It looks natural for a reader.
    5.Historical data also matters but I add one more step look into Google Trends to see what going hot at least in past 3 months.
    6. Anticipatory future approach is great for successful guys.If you came to know Google reader is going to close be the first one to introduce Google reader alternatives.

nidhivyas Friend

You can search keyword in tools like Google keyword planner.
    You can searching for the keyword and best selection of keyword.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  nidhivyas 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum