Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, after doing an update indexing to my JA K2 Filter Component for Joomla 2.5.x and Joomla 3.x all the searchable labels on my site stopped working. They either starting showing the wrong information(data pulled from another extra field) into those fields or it just stopped showing any information at all, as if the fields were left blank and can assure you that they are not.

So the problem is that all the data is still correct in the admin backend of the sites K2 extra fields. But they stopped showing up in the front end when using the k2 search filter, mainly just with the searchable label fields content.

The affected area are
    Celebrity look-a-likes

Music – DJ’s
    Music – Live Bands
    Music – Emcees
    Music – Singers
    Music – Soloist

Models

Staffing – Bartenders
    Staffing – Hosts and Hostesses
    Staffing – Waiters

Lessons

Please help, I need to resolve this issue asap because this a live and working website.

Also how do I stop duplicate content from appearing in search results?

Thank you
    Joseph

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello Joseph,

I have just checked your site, JA K2 Filter modules still displays properly on the Music and Models page, and search also still returns correct result.

Do you resolve this issue at your end?

Otherwise, please send me screenshot of this issue for further checking.

joeluvny Friend

Please check the results in the language(s), country, city/region, state and zip code search fields. Do will see that they are either empty or displays just one value that is from one of the other fields and is not any of the values that would be entered into that field.

Please check again.

Thank you
    Joseph

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I have found a cause of this issue, there is an error with indexing data of Searchable labels field in new version.
    To resolve this issue, please apply solution below:

Open the file:
    components/com_jak2filter/helpers/helper.php

Find the code snippet:
    [PHP]if(in_array(strtolower($label), $aListLabels)) continue;
    $aListLabels[] = strtolower($label);[/PHP]

And replace it with:
    [PHP]if(in_array(strtolower($val->id.’_’.$label), $aListLabels)) continue;
    $aListLabels[] = strtolower($val->id.’_’.$label);[/PHP]

I have install updated version on your site, please have a look if it work properly now.

FYI: I have created issue on our issue tracker system, and we will apply this fix for upcoming version of JA K2 Filter
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAK2FILTER-175

joeluvny Friend

WONDERFUL! 🙂
    It’s is working perfectly now 🙂

Thank you very much

joeluvny Friend

Quick question do you know what could be causing the Searchable labels to sometimes pull in the wrong data from a totally unrelated field?
    Please take a look a the LESSONS link and look at the search fields for language(s) and country as an example and you will see what I mean.

Since its only happen in a few instances is there a way to just delete them via the database one at a time? If this is a good idea what would be the mysql query that I would need to use to target these rouge data.

Thank you again
    Joseph

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Joseph,

It’s K2 Filter bug, and we need more time to debug this issue. I have reported it to the developer. You can follow its status by this link: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAK2FILTER-176

joeluvny Friend

Great!

Thank you
    Joseph

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joeluvny 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum