Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Thanks for that. Will give it a go.:)

sanjiovani Friend

i have tried that and it does not work – how did you get the images to scale for the home page thumbnails and to be sharp for the main images ? http://65.60.53.10/~social

danieljames50 Friend

sanjiovani-
    It appears as though your images are being resized by K2 when you upload. My guess is that you’re starting with low-res images. Make sure you’re uploading images that are 720 px wide at 72 dpi.

Here is an image from my site.

You might try to drop it into your site temporarily to test if this is the problem. If this image displays correctly then the problem is your original images. Good luck!

1. 620466077c427f141effa294382f5fba_L
    sanjiovani Friend

Thanks – for the tip – my images are not scaling to the correct size for the thumbnails on the homepage – how do I change that ? http://65.60.53.10/~social

danieljames50 Friend

Have you changed any of the settings on the back end? You might try creating a demo from the template page and compare your settings with those of the default installation settings. Keep in mind, that even if you find the problem setting and fix it, you’ll have to re-upload the image for each tile affected so that it corrects the quality of the current slides.

sanjiovani Friend

I changed the settings back – and uploaded new images and no change to the item thumbnail on the home page – the items are being cut off rather than scaling

swtinning Friend

K2 does funny or not so funny things. I’ve been over this JA Lens template ‘like a rash’ and we really need an answer. K2 somewhere along the way does affect the enlarged image. It may be minimal but still for my purpose (as a website portfolio) I’m now using ‘glows’ and ‘blurs’ and any other Photoshop effect to hide this fact.

I’ve taken ‘screen captures’ and compared K2 articles to normal Joomla articles and there is a difference in picture quality.
    If a genious is out there please prove me wrong.:((

sanjiovani Friend

it would be appreciated if the Joomlart support team would take a moment and respond to this post and figure out how to resolve the issue for images not showing up clearly and thumnail images not being scaled properly

swtinning Friend

It’s a K2 problem and NOT JA’s fault. I’ve checked out your site and you have a problem with your images. Bin the cache images and start again. Simple test…do a K2 article and compare with a Joomla article. As said, (maybe an algorithm or something?) cannot compute the intended resolution. JA Lens is one of the best templates EVER but it would be great if Hung (genius) could address this annoying problem. Works perfect for ‘a painting portfolio’ when pixels aren’t important, but for a sharp ‘web site capture’ not so good.:((

ulschm Friend

I have the same problem! The pictures in K2 have not the same quality in resoltion as in photoshop. I´ve tried a lot – but nothing works. Is there´s a solution for that problem, because it´s looking not really good….
    Thank you!

danieljames50 Friend

Have you tried the “solution” I mentioned previously in this thread? It definitely works for creating clear images but you’ll have to sacrifice image scaling. It’s working well on my site.

Creaktor Branding Agency Friend

<em>@danieljames50 339870 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you tried the “solution” I mentioned previously in this thread? It definitely works for creating clear images but you’ll have to sacrifice image scaling. It’s working well on my site.</blockquote>

I tried that, and it works. The only thing is there is a white space at the right between the image and the scroller. It’s there anyway.

My thumbs are 270px and the big images are 810px (270×3)

I found a more safe solution:

go into template settings an set popup to NO. Then it’s always oke! Less LENSy 🙂 but it’s better then NO SHARP images.

www.creaktor.com

slightlymad Friend

I agree with you swtinning – their demo is beautiful but in practice this is not a good portfolio template because nobody wants their work represented blurry. I don’t know how much work they put onto choosing and fiddling with settings for the demo, which is beautiful, but I’ve spent the last two weeks struggling with this thing and I’m getting nothing close to the look of the demo. Here’s what I have done as a workaround – but it’s not ideal:
    I’ve set the Item view options to HIDE the image. Then I go into the CONTENT and put my image sized at 700px wide right into the content. Again – it sort of defeats the purpose, and I’m sure its loading much slower. Not sure I’m going to stick with this, probably will go with something else in the end. :((

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  slightlymad 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum