Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

cant find the correct dimension or right settings for the images in the K2 Articles.
    Our Site is : http://e-webs.de/referenzen/

after opening an item .. the first image is very unsharp … have try to change settings … but cant find !
    what are the correct settings ?

can anybody pls. help !?

regards

ewebs Friend

nobody can help ? :confused:

Sherlock Friend

<em>@ewebs 323567 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

cant find the correct dimension or right settings for the images in the K2 Articles.
    Our Site is : http://e-webs.de/referenzen/

after opening an item .. the first image is very unsharp … have try to change settings … but cant find !
    what are the correct settings ?

can anybody pls. help !?

regards</blockquote>

Hi ewebs,

Do you want to set a fixed size for image in the opened box (that’s opened when an item is clicked) ? if that you can open the file of
    templates/ja_lens/css/layout-tablet.css

There you search for this css

.BlogView .itemImageBlock span.itemImage img {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    width: 100% !important;
    }

Change the width here as you wanted

jhicks Friend

you could try to scale the image yourself down to 480×320 ish…..

Sherlock Friend

<em>@jhicks 323893 wrote:</em><blockquote>you could try to scale the image yourself down to 480×320 ish…..</blockquote>

Not sure what you meant, are you asking about image size ?

ewebs Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 323826 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ewebs,

Do you want to set a fixed size for image in the opened box (that’s opened when an item is clicked) ? if that you can open the file of
    templates/ja_lens/css/layout-tablet.css

There you search for this css

}

Change the width here as you wanted</blockquote>

hi .. thx for reply ..
    no i do not want to opem with fixed size.. i wanna use the dynamic width .. but … i wanna have pictures with high resolution…
    what is the correct size for an image ?

ewebs Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 323907 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not sure what you meant, are you asking about image size ?</blockquote>

at the moment when i insert an picture .. in k2 … upload .. it would be resized .. and the image will loose sharpness
    thats the point .. how do i get these picture clear and with full resolution ?

Sherlock Friend

<em>@ewebs 324145 wrote:</em><blockquote>at the moment when i insert an picture .. in k2 … upload .. it would be resized .. and the image will loose sharpness
    thats the point .. how do i get these picture clear and with full resolution ?</blockquote>

Hi ewebs,

I think the pictures display on best quality only if it is not resized and displaying in the original size, if you want a dynamic size I think it’s hard to keep those images from losing sharpness, otherwise you should have images whose size are same as resize size.

I hope you understand 🙂

swtinning Friend

I have the same problem. My images look great in Photoshop but blurred in K2 article. Same dimensions so there is no resizing. I can see the degradation when changing the image option size from Xsmall to Xlarge but don’t know if there maybe some kind of compression going on within K2. I’ve read the other threads on this but nothing seems to help.

Tried larger images to see if that helps…but nothing.:((

cplanetdoo Friend

Components->K2->parameters->images tab->Quality (%) used when processing images set to 100%

swtinning Friend

Thanks, I’ve tried that already. I know that something ‘strang’e is going on because I placed the same image into an article and the resolution is perfect. I’ll revisit my sizes and ratios and reduce the size of the iframe to see what happens.

swtinning Friend

Tried the following. Went to the demo template and downloaded an image from a K2 article. Opened it in Photoshop and then compared it against the web version. Degradation does occur but JA Lens uses only photos and not perhaps ‘screenshots’ for my various websites which contains sharp text. Therefore I don’t think it’s a suitable template for a web designers portfolio. Bummer!!!:((

Even tried solid boxes of colour for the frontpage, even they couldn’t line up in a straight line which I find baffling?? Only by 1-2 pxs but still annoying.

Sherlock Friend

Hi swtinning,

Those images are resized by the k2 component itself, you can switch to use any other templates to see the same result, you should try to play with the image settings in the k2 back-end to get those images display better 🙂

swtinning Friend

Good idea. I’ll give it a go. It’s a good thing really as I’m getting down to learn the awesomeness of K2!:)

danieljames50 Friend

swtinning-
    I also wanted to use JA Lens for a web design portfolio and ran into the same blurry image problem. I found a “solution” – although its not perfect.

Here is what I did:

1. Open layout-tablet.css and change:

}

to

max-width: auto !important;
    width: auto !important;
    padding-left: 20px;
    }

2. Make all portfolio images 720px wide.

I added the 20px left padding because i noticed the left side of images were being cropped by the script.

You can increase the size of the images but since we’ve changed the width from 100% to auto, they will extend past the end of the screen on tablet devices.

Again, this isn’t a perfect solution but seemed to me it’s an acceptable compromise.

Hope this helped.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  slightlymad 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum