Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

<em>@swissa 296682 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I have 3.4.2 running on 2.5 on a test site (ok, not on a JAT3 template) and seems to be okay although I haven’t pushed it yet.

Good Luck!

UPDATE: Now on T3 blank and no problems</blockquote>
    Tyvm swissa that was exactly the point I was trying to make… its FAIRLY reasonable that most things will work fine in 2.5 but with languages and a few exceptions this may not be true. So all we can do is make sure the 1.7 products work well and then start testing for 2.5 and releasing as we are sure it all works well. JA is very picky about making sure each ‘package” works together well, so releases for changes can be slow sometimes.

matgray87 Friend

I’ve also updated, and have the same problem that things don’t work…in reverting back to the 3.2.7 version and JA Tiris template, the shop function no longer works… When I press checkout, I am not taken to the checkout page, but instead back to the default category page. Also, when I try and edit Name, Address etc of a user, it no longer saves, and again reverts back to the default category page. What do I need to change so that saving a user works again?

Thanks,
    Matt

swissa Friend

<em>@matgray87 297934 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve also updated, and have the same problem that things don’t work…in reverting back to the 3.2.7 version and JA Tiris template, the shop function no longer works… When I press checkout, I am not taken to the checkout page, but instead back to the default category page. Also, when I try and edit Name, Address etc of a user, it no longer saves, and again reverts back to the default category page. What do I need to change so that saving a user works again?

Thanks,
    Matt</blockquote>

Hi Matt,

Difficult to say not seeing it where any problem may lie. It sounds like a caching issue. The easiest thing to do is to restore a backup pre upgrade to 3.4.

matgray87 Friend

unfortunately, not wise enough to make a backup just before installation. Is there an install package which will install it from fresh with all the original JA Tiris settings?

Strangely, the user update and Paypal works fine in Internet Explorer, but not in Chrome…and idea what the issue could be there?

Cheers,
    Matt

swissa Friend

<em>@matgray87 297937 wrote:</em><blockquote>unfortunately, not wise enough to make a backup just before installation. Is there an install package which will install it from fresh with all the original JA Tiris settings?

Strangely, the user update and Paypal works fine in Internet Explorer, but not in Chrome…and idea what the issue could be there?

Cheers,
    Matt</blockquote>

Ahhhhh.

Okay so two good lessons learnt! 😀

1. Download and install Akeeba from Joomla extensions directory. You will NEVER regret it.
    2. Make a test or dev system (from the Akeeba backup) that mirrors you site and use that to do tests with upgrades etc.

😉

Sounds like you have just started with it so easiest way to start clean is to download the quickstart install for Tiris. Then, like me, have some patience while Joomlart update the template. Shiny new toys will have to wait! 😉

Best of luck and DON’T forget Akeeba! 😎

matgray87 Friend

I have, and use, Akeeba, but didn’t do a backup just before the update, so I’d lose about 3 or 4 days worth of work…oops. Wasn’t aware that you could make a test site though…so will look into that.

I’m not so bothered about the template – I can change that back to how it was before – I’m more worried that I can no longer update user information in Chrome, nor be redirected to PayPal.

Might have to sack off joomShopping (which would be a shame) and start again with RedShop. Joomlart said they would be supporting a RedShop Tiris template as well…

Any ideas on the user problem in Chrome?

Thanks,
    Matt

swissa Friend

I like JS even if their support isn’t the best the product is great. Works well on my Tiris site.

Re the test site, take a backup of the live site and use that on a new sub domain with new database using kickstart.php and you’ve got a clone. You can do all the changes and if it works kickstart back to the production site (make sure you give it the correct “live” database though). Saves tons of problems.

I use Chrome almost exclusively for dev on my mac. No problems to date. Clear the cache down if you’re having a problem and if it persists delete the cookie.

n6rej Friend

we are working hard this year to provide better support & products… a new theme will be out soon for joomshopping I’m told

albertosantini Friend

<em>@n6rej 298916 wrote:</em><blockquote>we are working hard this year to provide better support & products… a new theme will be out soon for joomshopping I’m told</blockquote>

…. seems that it’s not yet solved this problem .. why in the thread title is written “solved”??

tx for your work

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  albertosantini 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum