Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I signed up back in September and I have been trying to use your templates with Joomla 1.5.15, 1.5.20 and 1.5.22 and I can’t get any of your templates to work nice with any other module or component. i used teline, I used JA Social and now I’m trying to use JA ores and it amazes me how you have two or three guys running around the forum answering a question here and there and marking the topic answered yet the issue is not resolved. Now, when you take people’s money, people expect services, and when you push our crabby templates just to meet your deadline and make announcements without Q&A or SDLC process, you guys are scamming people. I have submitted tickets, I have wrote on the forums and I have been trying to get my site working. Since i used your templates, my listing on Alexa.com went from 420,000 to over 3 millions…in two month. that’s crazy and that is more expensive than any of your crabby templates. Get your act together and respond to people and fix your templates or get out of the business and stay where you at in India or whatever you are and do something else. Don’t make the net worse than what it is.>:(

TomC Moderator

You have a total of SEVEN postings in the Forum – TWO of which are focused on complaining.

WOW, you also have logged a whopping 502 downloads in just three months (I haven’t downloaded nearly that much – and I’ve been a satisfied JA member for well over three years).

Seems to me that this is more a matter of impatience + frustration – over not being able to figure something out as quickly as you want – rather than a lack of response and/or attempt to assist.

There’s no “scamming” going on here whatsoever . . . Last time I checked, there was no “guarantee of perfection” within anything JoomlART sells or provides. Joomla templates and extensions remain OPEN SOURCE – which means that the base functionality for Joomla 1.5/1.6 remains proprietary to no one. Rather, such is the active/evolving effort of the community of Joomla users and developers. In fact, I challenge you to find ANY Joomla template that will perform 100% perfectly for you – with all of the modifications YOU want – right out of the box.
    (you’ll forgive me if I don’t hold my breath waiting for a positive result for that one). 😉

Bottom line … calm down/relax. PATIENCE and PERSISTENCE reaps far greater success and reward than ranting and raving because you’re frustrated over not arriving at a solution as quickly as you want. Anything worth doing, and succeeding at, takes time and effort. Stop treating JA as your enemy and try working WITH JA and the JA Community as a PARTNER.

smitheringale Friend

500 downloads in 3 months!!

Joomlart is definitely not a scam and is definitely the best that I’ve seen for Joomla templates.

<em>@tcraw1010 208860 wrote:</em><blockquote>You have a total of SEVEN postings in the Forum – TWO of which are focused on complaining.

WOW, you also have logged a whopping 502 downloads in just three months (I haven’t downloaded nearly that much – and I’ve been a satisfied JA member for well over three years).

Seems to me that this is more a matter of impatience + frustration – over not being able to figure something out as quickly as you want – rather than a lack of response and/or attempt to assist.

There’s no “scamming” going on here whatsoever . . . Last time I checked, there was no “guarantee of perfection” within anything JoomlART sells or provides. Joomla templates and extensions remain OPEN SOURCE – which means that the base functionality for Joomla 1.5/1.6 remains proprietary to no one. Rather, such is the active/evolving effort of the community of Joomla users and developers. In fact, I challenge you to find ANY Joomla template that will perform 100% perfectly for you – with all of the modifications YOU want – right out of the box.
    (you’ll forgive me if I don’t hold my breath waiting for a positive result for that one). 😉

Bottom line … calm down/relax. PATIENCE and PERSISTENCE reaps far greater success and reward than ranting and raving because you’re frustrated over not arriving at a solution as quickly as you want. Anything worth doing, and succeeding at, takes time and effort. Stop treating JA as your enemy and try working WITH JA and the JA Community as a PARTNER.</blockquote>

cissp Friend

While I appreciate your faith and believe in these joomla developers, my experience since I moved from .net to jooomla was nothing but a scam and lost traffic to a website that gets over 8 million hits a month. I spent over $6000 on atleast 6 developers and none of them can get the **** thing to work. I only put in 7 entries in the forum because I gave up. I put in for a support issue then some guy from India responded with some cheesy answer. I have been in IT for 20 years and I work with developers from the help desk to the board room and I never met anyone that does a lousy job like these joomla guys. Just cause something is open source it doesn’t mean that quality have to suffer. Just cause Christmas is coming, we don’t have to announce a present that doesn’t work. The issues I’m asking about are core issues that should have been worked by design not by patching. But again, it all looks pretty and nothing is working just like an air-head blond.

cissp Friend

and by the way, all those downloads ended up in the trash. Just wasted time and bandwidth.

huyenptt Friend

Hey guy, calm down.

First of all, we appreciate your feedbacks.

Could you please give the list of product you did use, and why them do not meet your expectation? Every thing needs evidence, you know.

As you see on JA demo, with the suitable configuration, everything works fine. And, JA DOES NOT TRICK anyone about any product.

cissp Friend

I’m calm, stop treating customers like they are idiots. No one comes here to buy templates unless they know what they are doing. The people who buy your products are ethical people that are supporting you instead of downloading your stuff from the torrents sites and so on, so lets assume that they are paying for support.

I spent over $3000 on a developer in order to have him support my site with your template and I do have the paypal receipt. These issues with the mootools.js and modal.js and ja.dd.mod.js giving errors all over I.E is making people leave sites. In this day and age, a customer doesn’t stay on sites that are screaming errors, they walk and they never come back. I have ja ores installed, running with jomsocial 2.0.03 and vey few components like dtregister and virtuemart and K2 and there is no where in your template to get rid of this **** ja.dd.mod.js, I don’t want your fancy menus, I just want a template that can work and not splash errors all over I.E. over 70% of the users on the net uses I.E. yet, most or all your template show errors in I.E.
    – Tell you what, I give up. just tell me where in the template I can put a code that make it hide java errors in i.e and I promise you I will never come back to your site.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Cissp,

Let me reply to some of your comments above :

<blockquote>I signed up back in September and I have been trying to use your templates with Joomla 1.5.15, 1.5.20 and 1.5.22 and I can’t get any of your templates to work nice with any other module or component.</blockquote>List out the issues and give me the Ticket ID’s or forum posts, where the above issues have been pointed out by you.
    I can assure you full support and debugging of your issues.

<blockquote>
    it amazes me how you have two or three guys running around the forum answering a question here and there and marking the topic answered yet the issue is not resolved.</blockquote>A topic is marked answered (NOT SOLVED), when answered by support staff, so as to differentiate it from other suffixes and search based on suffixes is easier to follow up.
    Support staff will never mark a thread solved unless confirmed by the user himself.
    and regarding 2-3 guys? You are mistaken mate, there are over 15 support staff answering various sections of the forums, this does not include moderators.

<blockquote>Now, when you take people’s money, people expect services, and when you push our crabby templates just to meet your deadline and make announcements without Q&A or SDLC process, you guys are scamming people.</blockquote>Cut the crap. Get your acts together, follow the support guidelines and submit your issues with details and login info (if asked for). Baseless allegations will not get any of us anywhere.
    I myself have been a paying member of JA and other clubs too, not trying to take sides with JA but trust me, i have always had better experiences here.

<blockquote>I have submitted tickets, I have wrote on the forums and I have been trying to get my site working.</blockquote>Give me the Ticket ID numbers.

for the forum posts, i see only two threads from you.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/author-link-in-articles-is-showing-as-html/
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-tweet-gives-ssl-certificate-error-under-ssl/

Both were answered by Moderator / staff. You left the follow up with them.

<blockquote>I spent over $6000 on atleast 6 developers and none of them can get the **** thing to work.</blockquote>Thats pretty sad and certainly, you could have saved on that, if you could have followed the support guidelines and provided full information on the errors. I am sure the support would have answered you well and helped you take care of the issues on your end.

<blockquote>
    Just cause Christmas is coming, we don’t have to announce a present that doesn’t work. </blockquote>If this pertains to the Xmas offer JA has offered this year. I think, its JA business to handle it, the way they want. Expression of opinion is fine on this, nothing more.

<blockquote>The issues I’m asking about are core issues that should have been worked by design not by patching.</blockquote>List the issues out here and we shall talk about it.

<blockquote>I’m calm, stop treating customers like they are idiots. No one comes here to buy templates unless they know what they are doing. The people who buy your products are ethical people that are supporting you instead of downloading your stuff from the torrents sites and so on, so lets assume that they are paying for support. </blockquote>Avoid name taking, no one from JA is doing that. There can be no justification for piracy and i appreciate your holding on the ethical practices.

<blockquote>These issues with the mootools.js and modal.js and ja.dd.mod.js giving errors all over I.E is making people leave sites.</blockquote>IE 6 support is out of question. For the errors on IE7 / IE8… as said. Give me the list of issues with details.

<blockquote>I have ja ores installed, running with jomsocial 2.0.03 and vey few components like dtregister and virtuemart and K2 and there is no where in your template to get rid of this **** ja.dd.mod.js.</blockquote>Have you raised ticket for this or forum request for support on the above? I could not find it. As said above, list it out and we shall help you.
    <blockquote>

– Tell you what, I give up. just tell me where in the template I can put a code that make it hide java errors in i.e and I promise you I will never come back to your site. </blockquote>hiding errors is not the solution to the problems you are facing, debugging of the site is required for the same. If the demo site is free from such errors, then its a case of conflicting javascripts from other component / extensions. Which even you would agree, requires debugging.
    So once again. List the issues with details and we shall help.

Here is the insight of how to confirm, if the bug / issue is from JA template :

1. Change template to any of the default joomla template or template from other club provider. If the issue is not observed, then its JA template issue and we are committed to solve it.
    2. If the issue is not seen / duplicated / replicated with other club templates / default joomla template, then the issue is coming from your configs / usage of 3rd party extension. We may try to help you with that too, however, such cases are best solved by the 3rd party extension developers.
    3. If the demo site of the template does not have the same error, then again it calls for evaluation of the user site for debugging, for which its pretty obvious for user to provide complete details and even login info if asked.

Now What?

you are for sure pissed off and so are most of us on this sudden outburst, for which i am sure you have not given sufficient info for providing support.

Lets move on, it is requested to you to adhere to support guidelines, raise your issues one by one in separate thread with details, provide required / asked info and i can assure you of JA Support on this.

I hope its clear enough for you and would love to see you as part of JA Community.

Regards

Arvind

cissp Friend

Arvind,

For the record, I just want to thank for going above and beyond today to help me. I would like to delete this thread as there is no reason to keep it and have it listed on google. It will not serve anyone. I tried to delete it but couldn’t see the options, so if you can or another moderator can, please delete this thread and lets move on.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Its fine cissp,

We can understand the situation you were in and so need not take anything to heart. It happens. I am glad that your main issue was solved and your site is back online. For any of the remaining issues, you are requested to post them with details and provide the required info as and when requested by the support staff…

Regards

Arvind

thomascollado Friend

I also have experiend a huge drop on alexa of over 150,000 positions since I started to use Joomlart templates … and Im an SEO expert.

Also my “download count” is up to 57 …. I have NOT downloaded more that 5 times … what are you people counting as downloads? ………

I also second the “dont treat costumers as idiots” comments. I used to be a member of templateplazza and they trated costumers like garbage ……. look at them now. .. so dont make the same mistakes and start treating costumer that buy from you and have legitimate problems with your products like they are idiots.

TomC Moderator

<em>@thomascollado 209459 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I also second the “dont treat costumers as idiots” comments. I used to be a member of templateplazza and they trated costumers like garbage ……. look at them now. .. so dont make the same mistakes and start treating costumer that buy from you and have legitimate problems with your products like they are idiots.</blockquote>

Again, perhaps you can provide some actual documented examples of the JA Staff or Community Members treating customers (or you) like “they are idiots?” I have yet to see such occur in my 3.5 years of being a member here at JA.

Phill Moderator

The download count is correct. If you download a template then the package can contain a number of items and these get counted. No JA staff are complaining about this, just members mentioning it so please look to see whether it is JA staff or regular members making these comments before you interject.

Your Alexa problems are really beyond the control of any template club. There are so many reasons why a site may drop ranking. If you have any suggestions as to improve the templates with regard to SEO then I am sure JA will be willing to listen. It is always hard for a template club to consider everything. To get the best SEO for a site will in the case of any CMS make things harder for the user, a compromise has to be made sometimes. Stilll, any constructive comments you can make will be listened to.

The “Don’t treat customers as idiots comments”? What? Where has that occurred? JA have to start somewhere with all customers and usually start with the basigs and move up as they guage somebody and their skills. If you read this thread Arvind has worked hard to help the thread starter and he is now a happy bunny, so much so that he has asked for the thread to be deleted. JA have chosen not to do that as they believe things should be kept in the open. How is that treating people as idiots?

thomascollado Friend

I used the term “like an idiot” to illustrate an institution that has benefited from a costumer and when said costumer has a problem with the item that was purchased the institution makes it sound like is not the product that has a problem but the costumer …..

I posted to second the sentiment of the first user that started the treat by explaining the REAL issues I have experienced with your products and services.

Again, I have NOT downloaded 57 times, and my website went from 60k to 210k in alexa ranking since i started using a joomla art template.

I know seo, nothing else has changed on my site other than the use of your template. …..

I also know that just doing a google search turns out all your pirated templates which can be downloaded free but chose to be ethical and pay for the product and respect the intelectual propety of joomlart……. all im saying is dont treat costumers with problems like they dont know what they are talking about.

Peace

Phill Moderator

Where exactly are JA treating customers like they do not know what they are talking about? I have been in support for over 20years. It is almost impossible to guage a users level from the off. If JA were to start supporting the said user from a developers point of view they would get lambasted for it. If JA start with the basics they get lambasted for it. JA have to start with the basics and work from there. In the case of the thread starter his problems have been fixed and he is now happy so please, why are you continuing to comment on this thread about the level of support he has recieved?

I have already explained the 57 download count you have but I will explain again. Take a look at any download and you will see a number of tick boxes that make up the package. Each of those tick boxes is taken as a download so 57 for 5 packages is about right. I still cannot see what your issue with this is because NO JA MEMBER OF STAFF has complained or commented on the number of downloads. The only time comments may be made are when users request a refund 24hrs after joining and they have 500+ downloads. It is for the the obvious reason. I myself have 780+ downloads but 99% of them are simply to try and support others, I always download the latest package before attempting to help. I only use JA templates on 2 sites.

As for your comments that you know SEO, please enlighten us. If you know of a way to improve then please feel free to comment instead of complaining. As I previously stated, JA do listen to their customers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum