Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

When upgrading to Joomla 3.7 the JAAdmin templalet give this error when we try to login:

0 – An error has occurred.
    Call to undefined method JAdminCssMenu::get()

is there a workaround until an update is released? Thanks!

Phill Moderator

Please be patient, the team are working on updates for many extensions and templates. There will hopefully be an update soon.

5kyy Friend

I can confirm this:

Call to undefined method JAdminCssMenu::get()

Fix would be great…

thomasrunge Friend

It is beyond my comprehension how you guys can collect money for support and have clearly not tested a single thing with 3.7.
    My customers are getting pissed to the point that I will have to refund their money and potentially even lose them – yes, "only" because their website is screwed up and has been for a while.

Phill Moderator

I can only recommend that you read the release notes of Joomla 3.7, particularly

As always, before upgrading it is important to update all of your third party extensions and also to take and test a full backup of your site.

Hopefully you have taken a backup and can restore your customers sites to a working condition.

Joomla 3.7 was only released a couple of days ago and has some substantial changes over previous versions. It takes time to test the many templates in our library and also all the extensions. All extension and template developers are in a similar position, but not all have such an extensive library to deal with. For developers with a single component it is not a huge task in most cases, yet some of those are having to work very hard on this release. I can only assure you that the team are working hard on updates.

thomasrunge Friend

You mean like in checking your extensions and templates that they say "3.x" on the compatibility overview? And maybe even have a paid agreement with the vendor that the versions will be updated automatically when running the update process?

Yes, there is a backup that is done nightly (about a day ago now), however, the error did not occur right after the upgrade, but (caching? magically?) only happened after a change was made to the ACM module, actually after a slide has been added.

Now, to tell me "restore from backup" is kind of pointless as the customer was using the site for almost a full day since the backup and is using it for document storage and event management. And you think telling them that a day of their work will be lost is acceptable?

Don’t think so – especially considering that the Joomlart team had plenty of time to test things with development and RC version of 3.7. Which unfortunately did not happen at all.

Why do you think your customers pay you for the full year of updates? For sure not for the show you are delivering right now….

I believe that everybody is working hard on getting this fixed, getting an expected time of completion would be great and very helpful calming my customers down that call me every few hours asking why it still had not been fixed.

5kyy Friend

Hey guys, slow down…

I researched a little bit and my steps runs into the Menu from the Template.
    The Admin Template have an override in:
    /administrator/templates/ja_admin/html/mod_menu/default.php

Comment out the 14s line like:

//require JModuleHelper::getLayoutPath('mod_menu', $enabled ? 'default_enabled' : 'default_disabled');

and the Template is loading.

But be aware. Seems that many Menu-Items missing after this change! This is only a quick & dirty fix to solve the Undefined Method Problem. Think the developers have some todos to get it working…

Greets

Anonymous Moderator

Hi guys,

If you’re having problems after updating site to Joomla 3.7 , pls leave us details of your issues in this official thread and we will fix for future updates.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum