Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Any news on Teline, Uber updated to 3.4.1???

Thx

Adam M Moderator

Hi @splico123,

We haven’t got any report with Joomla! 3.4.1 until now and I myself tried to update to 3.4.1 without any problem. But make sure to backup your site each time before start the upgrade process so you can revert back if there’s any problem after that.

RDCWebMan Friend

<em>@Adam M 466384 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @splico123,

We haven’t got any report with Joomla! 3.4.1 until now and I myself tried to update to 3.4.1 without any problem. But make sure to backup your site each time before start the upgrade process so you can revert back if there’s any problem after that.</blockquote>

I think the general point here is that subscribers don’t know when a given template will be updated and where to find the announcement/update plan. One the one hand we are being encouraged to keep Joomla CMS software up to date for security reasons, but we’re being held back by uncertainty over the suitability of the templates JA provides to work with the new release.

It is all very well to say to “backup so you can revert back if you find a problem”, but I don’t want to find a problem and I don’t want to have site downtime and the work to revert. I want a template that I am told by the developer will work with the latest version of Joomla. Isn’t that what we pay for as subscribers?

Where and when do we we find out about template upgrades to the latest Joomla version? I fully recognise there is work to be done after the release, but the lack of a consistent and clear system of notification doesn’t help us or you.

Thanks

David

Phill Moderator

Hi David,

I have bought up the lack of information with Hung and he has promised to discuss it with the team. In the case of J3.4 it has been an odd one. All releases in the3.x series up until now have not been a problem, simply update and in most cases all goes well. With J3.4, Joomla has some changes that have affected many extensions. In my honest opinion, Joomla should not have done this in a point release in the way they have. J3.3.6 should have continued alongside J3.4 for a period of time.

In many cases, you will not have an issue with J3.4, but there are some notable ones such as issues with mijoshop for instance.

Downtime? Personally, I do all upgrades either in a test server or on my desktop using WAMP. I know Joomla has a one click system, but I have found it to be far from fault free so not worth the risk on a live site. If you use a test server that JA can access then the team are here should problems with JA products arise. I know it is extra work, but it is the way I have always worked in my day job as I never want to put my own customers at risk.

Hopefully, the JA Team will have a blog posts detailing some of this soon.

Aratype Friend

I tried JA Smashboard in my test server:

makanez.net

updated to 3.4.1 and T3 Plugin to 2.4.7 but it does not work…

jooservices Friend

<em>@aratype 466644 wrote:</em><blockquote>I tried JA Smashboard in my test server:

makanez.net

updated to 3.4.1 and T3 Plugin to 2.4.7 but it does not work…</blockquote>
    Hi there
    It’s working fine on my home server ( Ubuntu )
    – Install quickstart
    – Upgrade T3 to 2.4.7
    – Upgrade Joomla! to 3.4.1

http://joodevelopment.com/jatc_smashboard_j33/

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Aratype Friend

I tried to do so in 2 hostings that I have but it does not work!

I think it is better that you move the template to 3.4.1 and test it…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Aratype 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum