Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Joomla 3.4 is released sine yesterday and what are the plans for Joomlart templates?

I think that update from 3.3.x to 3.4.0 can not run smoothly…. I tested it in a fresh install of JA Smashboard…

Thanking you to update us.

iaassens Friend

Having issues too. Seems as Joomlart template are NOT 3.4 ready. At least not the one I am using (appolio). The frontend module editing does not work as well. :((

Adam M Moderator

Hi @aratype and @iaassens,

We will update all current products to work with Joomla! 3.4 for sure. Please note that the latest Joomla! version has just released yesterday and there’s no way we could update our products that fast (we need to update with stable Joomla! version instead of RC version), your understanding and patient is much appreciated.

Aratype Friend

Hi Adam,

Thank you! I believe that communicating on this topic is the most important… Other good companies updated all/part of their templates and you are not even informing your club members about a plan to do so…

In our nowadays IT business the most important features of interesting business is to communicate, to plan to have a DRP… 😉

wnthemes Friend

I think the same…
    JoomlArt didn’t publish any information about this.
    <em>@aratype 462809 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Adam,

Other good companies updated all/part of their templates and you are not even informing your club members about a plan to do so…

In our nowadays IT business the most important features of interesting business is to communicate, to plan to have a DRP… ;-)</blockquote>

Adam M Moderator

H @aratype & @webnucleo,

Will keep that in mind. In addition, could you please let me know the problem you’re getting so I can check it for you ?

Aratype Friend

Hi Adam,

The issue is I want to start projects with 3.4… one of them is with JA Smashboard… I was not able even to update it 3.3 to 3.4…

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # In basic most of template if worked with 3.3.x should work with 3.4 . But yes, it have some risky with some minor issues.
    Just turn on display_errors than you can figure out and / or quick fix it.
    Not much hard
    # But as normal user i suggest stay with 3.3 until everything stable. Because normal users have no basic development skil and you’ll be stucked.

At moment i also don’t see any urgent / must have feature to go with 3.4 yet.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Phill Moderator

It is always an interesting one when Joomla update the package beyond the normal features. While it should be a simple thing, this release of Joomla adds a lot of features that change the way many extensions work. What is interesting here is that there have been quite a few code changes from the RC versions that could affect various extensions. So the question is, should JA put out one release for the RC and then work on it again for the final release or should they work quietly in the background and only release when tested with stable Joomla release? I am firmly in favour of the latter but we should always announce so in a blog post. I do feel communication could be better.

I hope most users understand just how much work is involved in updating all the current Joomla templates and their associated extensions. Even minor code changes require a lot of testing and then packaging before the final release. Hopefully this should result in a more stable and polished product for the end user than many other developers provide. But it does require a little more patience.

Aratype Friend

I agree 100% with you phill; what I was requesting from JA is a plan in order to set-up also my personal plans (although I am not a big templates’ consumer)… I can imagine the situation with no plans is worst for Joomla professionals…

stazzy Friend

When will ja teline 5 be ready for joomla 3.4. cos i updated my joomla and now i cant install ja teline 5.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @stazzy,

Actually it’s a problem with Joomla! 3.4 and it will be fixed in Joomla! 3.4.1, you can see it here.

You can try to download the installation package, unzip the extension to a folder, and then re-zip everything in that folder into a new zip using your favorite zip software. Install the new zip using the Joomla Extension Manager.

Or extract the installation package to a folder, upload it to root_folder/templates then use Discover to install it.

aldyf Friend

now it is joomla 3.4.1..
    Joomla Art is still 3.3.6?

Wow very slow???

stazzy Friend

ya Adam. its now working. thanks

Adam M Moderator

Hi @stazzy,

Glad to hear that your problem has been solved. If you still have any question, feel free to let me know.

Hi @aldyf,

Could you please clarify your problem so I can assist you better ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Aratype 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum