Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

You upgraded your site without having tested (or even having) your template???

You don’t have to stay offline. You can publish it using the default JomSocial template. Not looking as good as JA Social but better than losing visitors because your site is down?

Hung Dinh Friend

It has been very painful for us every time JomSocial come with a new update (the same thing with Joomla 1.6, 1.7 🙂

I personally will have a look at the files sent over by JomSocial team to see if we can provide any update of the JA Social to make it work seamlessly with JomSocial 2.6

Open question: Providing a quickstart working perfectly with Jomsocial is not a problem, providing a patch for existing JA Social is almost impossible. How we can make users who are using old JA Social template happy?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

guys! as i have mentioned in another similar thread. We will take up the JA Social upgrade after finishing the current workload.

Upgrading without taking backup is a bad bad idea and it applies to any extension or template. One should backup the site.

the updated files provided by JomSocial for JA social does have some bugs and irrespective of that, we are not going to release JA Social without testing, JA Social is popular and used by thousands of users, we just cannot blindly release.

We will release the update soon (no dates) and it is on priority but so are other products.

Arvind

rocklandusa Friend

The only reason I joined Joomlart was to get JA Social for Joomla 1.5 and Jomsocial 2.6. Please provide an ETA as to when these files for those versions will be ready. If you only plan on updating 2.5 then I need to get some refunds processed. The current JA Social template for JomSocial is awful.

Thanks.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator
    hobbykwekers Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 312079 wrote:</em><blockquote>Open question: Providing a quickstart working perfectly with Jomsocial is not a problem, providing a patch for existing JA Social is almost impossible. How we can make users who are using old JA Social template happy?</blockquote>

To be honost….Joomla 1.5 reaches EOL on 24 april. Why do you want to support an upgrade of JomSocial just 2 weeks before the Joomla version will be officialy retired. If they want to stick with Joomla 1.5 they can also stick to JomSocial 2.4. This first release has….well….still some work to do….if you have a good working Joomla 1.5 with JomSocial 2.4.3 I wouldn’t make the switch any more. First priority would be to upgrade Joomla.

Maybe it would be a good idea to cooperate with http://www.tigracon.com/ they provide JomSocial templates, maybe they can provide additional JomSocial Templates matching your Joomla templates (maybe not only JA Social??)

tonyzee Friend

Any update on when the 2.6 version is anticipated for release?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

its in the final stages of testing. Hopefully within this week we shall release.

Arvind

hobbykwekers Friend

Today is the last day of the (work)week……testing almost finished? (waiting is killing me, getting a soure finger from pressing F5 to update the Updates page 😀 )

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

We finished the 2.6 update and testing and then we see 2.6.1 as latest version and redoing the same process again, as per daily update as on today evening there are 30 IE7 bugs. We are working tomorrow too (we are off on alternate weekend).

will get back here tomorrow again (not sure if with good or bad news though).

Arvind

hobbykwekers Friend

Thanks for the status update. Better a good update than a bad one!

Anonymous Moderator

We’re trying to get it released asap, hang in there a bit skyrie 😎

frold Friend

great 🙂

Any demo up running?

kyovev Friend

Hey guys, 2.6.1 is released 🙂 I can’t wait to get it on my new website hehe 🙂

Any styling of the built in Jomsocial module positions (?

gummel Friend

I can’t find the new version in the download section?:((

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  tonyzee 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum