Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Is the current version of JA Social compatible with JomSocial 2.6?

I know the devvs at JomSocial have tested a new version but I am not sure if that is the same as the one delivered with Ja Social 2.5.1?

fxmz Friend

Hi,

Don’t try. I have a problem with the photo display in the galleries. They are all displayed in one and single column. I have a nice vertical photo gallery

Joomla 2.5.3 , JaSocial 2.5.1 , JomSocial 2.6.0

hobbykwekers Friend

Yes, I noticed on my test site. Going back to standard Blueface solves the virtical issue. I guess the template is not ready yet.

I know JomSocial has tested Ja Social, so somewhere it’s working. I hope Joomlart comes with an update soon.

psymon Friend

According to Jomsocial they sent Joomlart the updated template files ready for today’s release

matt871401 Friend

Was told in another thread to e-mail one of the devs to get the template from JomSocial…Just waiting to receive and test.

Phill Moderator

If you drop me a PM then I can provide you the files. However they are as provided by the Jomsocial team and as such use them at your own risk we cannot support them. It is not the fault of Jom as thy were not aware of the changes JA have made since they begun creating those files but we are already aware of some display problems with that release. The JA team are hard at work getting the monthly releases done and when they are finished the team can oncentrate on fully testing and fixing anything that may come up with this.

My personal opinion is that it would be best to wait. Why update your files twice? JA will release as soon as we can but we want to make sure you get the best possible version with as few bugs as is humanly possible. We hope with the help that Jomsocial have already give us that the wait will not be long.

frold Friend

I can confirm its pretty buggy – I did reinstall JA Social 2.5.1 for JomSocial after I did try the one.

No reason to try the so call fixed version by JomSocial…

modelc Friend

Yea best call is to be patient for update from JA 😀

TomC Moderator

<em>@modelc 311154 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yea best call is to be patient for update from JA :D</blockquote>
    This quote should be SUPER GLUED to the top of the JA Social section. 😎

skyrie Friend

I’m waiting for this one, too. Do you have a rough ETA? Will it be this weekend? Thanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@skyrie 311215 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m waiting for this one, too. Do you have a rough ETA? Will it be this weekend? Thanks!</blockquote>

<em>@phill luckhurst 311070 wrote:</em><blockquote> . . . . The JA team are hard at work getting the monthly releases done and when they are finished the team can oncentrate on fully testing and fixing anything that may come up with this.

. . . . JA will release as soon as we can but we want to make sure you get the best possible version with as few bugs as is humanly possible. We hope with the help that Jomsocial have already give us that the wait will not be long.

</blockquote>

😎

1. arrow-down
    skyrie Friend

@tomc

If you won’t give estimates, at least consider a roadmap:

http://trac.edgewall.org/

My team has to work our JomSocial development cycle around your releases, which is hard if you don’t give estimates. 😉

Phill Moderator

I estimate some time this year…. Only kidding. The problem is it is really hard for us to say. We just do not know how long it will take to bug fix and that is when it can be scheduled int. These things just drop on us especially when there is already a heave schedule so it has to be scheduled. When you consider that since mid Feb there have been 35 templates converted to J2.5, 50+ extensions converted, 5 releases of Joomla to update to and a number of Jom releases then you will see that JA have done well. Waiting a few weeks for an updated template to support Jom 2.6 really is not that bad especially when the J2.4 version is working well.

So please bear with us. As I have already stated, if you want the version from Jom then drop me a PM and you can have it but it would go unsupported by us.

hobbykwekers Friend

I would suggest waiting for the Joomlart release. The JomSocial version still has some bugs. With a bit of luck JomSocial will also provide an update to 2.6, ironing out the initial bugs found in this first release of 2.6….I have no doubt it will contain a few they mist during testing 🙂

latino07 Friend

Hi:

Only problem, site OFFLINE waiting for this… Don’t want to re-configure twice… and we don’t know WHERE is JA Social update for JS 2.6 within JA priorities. But unfortunately there are no many JS templates alternatives. Site delayed about 1 week and based on experience here I dont expect a JA update within a week.

:((

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  tonyzee 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum