Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I’m using Joomla 2.5.4 with Jomsocial 2.6.1 and the latest jasocial 2.5.2 theme.

When I click on my user ‘Preferences’ or I click to edit my profile, the new jomsocial tabs are missing and also the notification checkbox fields are missing.

This has resulted from a fresh installation of the new ja jomsocial theme by directly uploading the files into the /com_community/templates directory.

When I enable any default jomsocial theme the fields and tabs re-appear so the layout issues are directly related to the jasocial theme.

I’ve attached a screenshot to demonstrate the page layout.

Please can someone suggest what I can do to resolve this issue?

EDIT: I’ve checked the profile.edit.php and the profile.preferences.php files under the com_community/templates/default and /ja_social directories and the ja social theme is missing all the required code for these files.

The missing code means that these pages could not work at all. Surely someone else has this problem? If I replace these files with the default files from the jomsocial 2.6.1 package the functionality returns however the CSS and page elements are not aligned and the layout is messed up.

Please can someone at Joomlart look at this issue upon return from holidays?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

1. profile-preference-settings
    psymon Friend

Just checked and i’m getting the same thing

tonyzee Friend

Hi guys,

Is there anyone else (besides me and psymon) that is having this problem? Or anyone that can suggest a solution? I’ve double checked the files in the package and I’m surprised that other people are not reporting this issue.

The new jomsocial 2.6.1 profile.edit.php page elements and the corresponding CSS style elements are not in the joomlart jomsocial theme package files. Unless the Joomlart file is only meant to override part of the default jomsocial theme?

I would really appreciate some type of advice for this if possible?

Thanks and regards.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,
    May I know which tabs are missing? Could you please pm me a private message with login details of your site? I need a closer look of this issue.

davidllorente Friend

I have the same problem.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,
    Which tabs is it missing? Please pm your site’s url and a temporary account. I’ll check this for you

tonyzee Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Its missing all the tabs. If you look at the screenshot in the original post you will see what I mean.

Also, if you compare a copy of profile.edit.php file from the jomsocial default folder and the joomlart jomsocial template folder you will see the differences in the files. Also the Joomlart CSS file is missing the styles for this page.

Thanks and regards.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi tony,

Could you pm me your site’s URL and a temporary account so that I can reproduce this issue? Here is on my local when I go to Profile tab.

1. profile
    tonyzee Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

You may not be aware but you are actually looking at the old version of Jomsocial whereby the ajax tabs are not visible on your page.

If you have installed Jomsocial 2.6.1 then click on the ‘Default’ jomsocial template and view the same page (also view the profile preferences page) and you will see that it is different.

I’ve checked the files for the profile.edit.php and the profile.preferences.php from the JA Social Jomsocial template to the default Jomsocial template and the ja social template is using the old files.

Please can someone at Joomlart update the package with the correct PHP files and also update the CSS files?

All your members have no idea that they are using the old version of Jomsocial for the profile edit and profile preferences.

Thanks and regards.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Tonyzee,

We are checking this issue and need some time. I will be back to you as soon as possible.

davidllorente Friend

some update? :((

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,

I am sorry for this late reply, this is a bug and would need being fixed soon. There is an issue created into our bug tracking system for JA Developer to check and fix then. You can follow this issue: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCSOCIALJ16-314 . I will be back to you as soon as it’s done.

Thanks for your patience.

Konrad M Wagner Friend

Hello,

same problem on my site.

I tried downgrading jomsocial to 2.6.0, but it didn’t help.

It would be great if this issue was fixed soon.

comtera Friend

I have same problem, i need a fix, it’s the only thing i need fixed to get online with my site…?

Konrad M Wagner Friend

Also, after saving changes to a profile, a “invalid token” site appears.

I contacted jomsocial support. The say it’s a template problem with ja social:

The error is caused by the 3rd party jomsocial template: ja_social – When I changed it to the default one, it works fine and the invalid token doesn’t appear. The template doesn’t seem to be compatibile with JomSocial 2.6.2. Please contact the template provider for help with that problem.

Please change the jomsocial template to the default one and check for yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum