Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I installed JA Fagus.
    JANewsFlash won’t roll.
    Its a complete new, fresh installtion, no previous JanewsFlash used.
    Anybody can help for a solution?

fordy1 Friend

Sometimes this can be down to contention with another 3rd party module being displayed on the same page but I’m no expert. Do you have any other modules on the same page? If the module itself has been published with the relevant scrolling settings in the backend and it’s a clean install of the template with no errors I’d probably experiment by removing any other modules on the page one at at a time, maybe clearing your cache and refreshing the page to see if it starts to work. A link to your site would be useful.

jonathanretting Friend

Provide a link please. Probably incompatibility between javascript files. A link should suffice in figuring out what the conflict is. Usually you just have to seek a different alternative for one or the other. However there is always the possibility you are already loading that script with something else, maybe different version, but if they are conflicting…Cross your fingers and hopefully you can just edit out the javascript insertion part of the module or mambot. Someone even components load javascript files. With firebug you can find out whats scripts are being loaded, it will show you its directory, thats usually enought to identify the joomla addin. Enabling and disabling the addids accordingly. Usually you don’t load components into the homepage, so probably not a component.

bramewave Friend

I have the same problem and my url is http://www.bramewavestudios.com

Thanks All!:D

fordy1 Friend

Bramewave, What settings have you got set in the module parameters in the back end and do you have more than 1 content item published in the category you have selected to populate the module?

bramewave Friend

Here are my settings, I also am having trouble will hiding the title names for my news items. Any clues?

Module Class Suffix: left blank

Category – Headlines/Headlines

Rolling delay time: 7

Animation time : 1000

Linked Titles: Use Global

Style class: Scroll Up

Height of div : 120

Templates: <div style=”overflow:hidden; height:323px;” ><div class=”nfimages”>##IMAGE##</div><div class=”nftitle”>##TITLE##</div><div class=”nfcontent”>##CONTENT##</div></div>

Thanks all!

mfcphil Friend

Hello Bramewave

you did not paste this into the TEMPLATES:

<div style=”overflow:hidden; height:323px;” ><div class=”nfimages”>##IMAGE##</div><div class=”nfcontent”>##CONTENT##</div></div>

You will notice the “>##TITLE##</ is not there….so your title will not be shown 😉

So simply delete <div class=”nftitle”>##TITLE##</div>

bramewave Friend

Thanks mfcphil that worked perfect! I still can’t get it to scroll I think because I have it going to headline instead of newsflashes. Does that make sense?

mfcphil Friend

Brame I sent you to the wrong address sorry I knew about this problem because I had it.

Read this earlier post :p

It was kashxo who fixed it not the one I told you to pm :-[ sorry anyway hope this helps

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum