Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

<em>@scotty 102985 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    As regards copyright infringement, the worst you can expect, in the very unlikely event that they are noticed by VW at all, is a letter simply asking you to remove them.</blockquote> I don’t know how much you know the specific laws in Germany, but here a letter most likely comes with a fee to pay which is always around a few thousand Euros. This is there called an “Abmahnung”, a notice to remove content and to pay the mentioned fees which are an obligatory add on to an “Abmahnung” in regards to laws handling such infringements. In Germany, as the laws are well enforced, is also a market as “dubious” lawyers present that sent out such notices with a bill to any shop, site, etc. that do not follow the laws into any aspect of business. Also when it is not seen as so positive, it is mostly not illegal unless it a scheme of these lawyers but in those cases one can surely await a legally due notice with a bill to pay without the chance to get out of it, even with a good attorney on the side.

That is how it is in Germany, or I would not have mentioned it at all…sorry, Scotty, in Ireland it may be different.

In any case I also would not work on “the most unlikely event they even notice it at all”, where are we going when we build on that in business…? Plus it is not just VM, also some other organizations like german DMV like institutions.

blackmerlin Friend

I have changed all Buttons with Logos and Images. Outline from the modules is under review and progress 🙂

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  blackmerlin 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum