Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Joomla is up to date 3.4.3 – I’m a member of Template Club and Extension Club and all updates have been performed except I’m not able to upgrade JA Wall from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 – keep getting an invalid extension error.

Should I do this update? I hope its not going to hurt all the editing Dead Code and the Panda Jedi has done.

Tom Franklin
    http://www.DR4Christ.com

P.S. I was using ForumRunner on my iphone and now it will not work with the Joomlart Forums – is there another iOS app you might be able to suggest?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    You can download template from this

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3012

And install via Joomla! Installer .

If you still have issue please check
    – Your upload_max_filesize

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2184513/php-change-the-maximum-upload-file-size
    – Your /tmp directory permission ( and all another Joomla! directories permission )

And finally you can update template via FTP by upload and override old files

Of course, always do backup before process.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

dr4christ Friend

Already have tried uploading the packet via the Joomla Installer, via JA Extension Manager and the regular Update. It is not a large file and if I’ve already updated everything (K2, Social etc.) and have updated JA Wall before – so going through your stackoverflow.com article – that seems like overkill. I’ll FTP it – just not understanding why it can’t be updated through Joomla – thats worrisome.

Tom

<em>@jooservices 486196 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there
    You can download template from this

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3012

And install via Joomla! Installer .

If you still have issue please check
    – Your upload_max_filesize

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2184513/php-change-the-maximum-upload-file-size
    – Your /tmp directory permission ( and all another Joomla! directories permission )

And finally you can update template via FTP by upload and override old files

Of course, always do backup before process.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Make sure you have valid package file. Sometime download with bad connection cause broken file.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

dr4christ Friend

It is valid – FTP’d the file via Cyberduck – direct – Still shows it as 1.2.0 after clearing the catches and purging them. Now – I think something is up with the version download on joomlart. This is not my problem – surely.

Tom
    http://www.DR4Christ.com

P.S. WHAT FORUM iOS APP WORKS WITH JOOMLART?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Have just checked template package and confirm manifest file correctly.
    But why update via FTP . It’s only update source files but not database. That’s why you see old version label.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

dr4christ Friend

Template is definitely 1.2.1 because we lost all our customizations, logo etc. However after purging etc. it still comes up as needing to be updated – if that is due to uploading it via FTP – for the record – that is the only way we could get it to update.

Tom Franklin

dr4christ Friend

Template is definitely 1.2.1 because we lost all our customizations, logo etc. However after purging etc. it still comes up as needing to be updated – if that is due to uploading it via FTP – for the record – that is the only way we could get it to update.

Tom Franklin

dr4christ Friend

Tom Franklin

jooservices Friend

HI there
    I most sure you have server side issue that caused error while installing via Joomla! Installer.
    Please double check it with your sysadmin.

About template update cause lost customized:
    – You can restore your modified file if you have backup before. ( In fact we always do backup before any process )
    – But if you lost it’s mean you did core hacking. For next time please prevent that.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

HI there
    I most sure you have server side issue that caused error while installing via Joomla! Installer.
    Please double check it with your sysadmin.

About template update cause lost customized:
    – You can restore your modified file if you have backup before. ( In fact we always do backup before any process )
    – But if you lost it’s mean you did core hacking. For next time please prevent that.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

dr4christ Friend

1. Everything has updated without issue so I don’t believe it is a error of the Joomla Installer. It did update – it just wants to continually update Ja Wall 1.2.1 – even now. We sent you our creds you can verify if you wish.

2. We backed up but just integrating the old code fixes isn’t always the same process.

3. Deadcode and Saguaros are both very active here. They both helped us make JA Wall work – otherwise it would have not worked – so this avoiding “core hacking” comment – is completely over my head because we have every intention of continuing to make JA Wall “work”.

Tom

dr4christ Friend

1. Everything has updated without issue so I don’t believe it is a error of the Joomla Installer. It did update – it just wants to continually update Ja Wall 1.2.1 – even now. We sent you our creds you can verify if you wish.

2. We backed up but just integrating the old code fixes isn’t always the same process.

3. Deadcode and Saguaros are both very active here. They both helped us make JA Wall work – otherwise it would have not worked – so this avoiding “core hacking” comment – is completely over my head because we have every intention of continuing to make JA Wall “work”.

Tom

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    At first i’m sorry, it’s my mistake missed check into source code for root cause issue.

<extension version="2.5" type="template" client="site">

In our template package file ( ja_wall.v1.2.1.zip ), it’s missed method=”upgrade”

That’s why template can’t install as upgrade as it should be

<blockquote>Warning
    Extension Install: Another template is already using the named directory: F:wwwjatc_wall_j34/templates/ja_wall. Are you trying to install the same extension again?

Error
    Error installing template</blockquote>

( For next time please provide some more detail with error message and reproduce steps . Any screenshot would useful too )

To resolve this issue you can extract template package, update manifest file with method=”upgrade”. You can check out manifest file document on JDocs

https://docs.joomla.org/Manifest_files
    And rezip. Now it should work fine via Joomla! Installer.

<blockquote>2. We backed up but just integrating the old code fixes isn’t always the same process.</blockquote>
    In basically when file is changed. It can’t exactly 100% as tutorial provided. But instead follow up like that way, you can follow up logical of tutorials, which one you had.

<blockquote>3. Deadcode and Saguaros are both very active here. They both helped us make JA Wall work – otherwise it would have not worked – so this avoiding “core hacking” comment – is completely over my head because we have every intention of continuing to make JA Wall “work”.</blockquote>

If they are fixed bugs in template. I hope it’s included in our new release ( Because both of they are core members ). But if they are modified it to fit your site requirement. That’s another story. It’s custom works / customize works.
    And of course, if it’s modified core files, it’ll be replaced when do template upgrade. To avoid it.

– Should never touch core files
    – If needed, you can write down which thing you have hacked. Than for next time you can re-hack it in quickly
    – When do template upgrade, you can check into change logs to see which file are updated. Than you can update these files only, instead whole package.

And finally. In fact, we should only do upgrade if:
    – New version have fixed some issues that cause troubles on your site
    – New version have new features that you want to use
    If not. There is no profit to do that.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    At first i’m sorry, it’s my mistake missed check into source code for root cause issue.

<extension version="2.5" type="template" client="site">

In our template package file ( ja_wall.v1.2.1.zip ), it’s missed method=”upgrade”

That’s why template can’t install as upgrade as it should be

<blockquote>Warning
    Extension Install: Another template is already using the named directory: F:wwwjatc_wall_j34/templates/ja_wall. Are you trying to install the same extension again?

Error
    Error installing template</blockquote>

( For next time please provide some more detail with error message and reproduce steps . Any screenshot would useful too )

To resolve this issue you can extract template package, update manifest file with method=”upgrade”. You can check out manifest file document on JDocs

https://docs.joomla.org/Manifest_files
    And rezip. Now it should work fine via Joomla! Installer.

<blockquote>2. We backed up but just integrating the old code fixes isn’t always the same process.</blockquote>
    In basically when file is changed. It can’t exactly 100% as tutorial provided. But instead follow up like that way, you can follow up logical of tutorials, which one you had.

<blockquote>3. Deadcode and Saguaros are both very active here. They both helped us make JA Wall work – otherwise it would have not worked – so this avoiding “core hacking” comment – is completely over my head because we have every intention of continuing to make JA Wall “work”.</blockquote>

If they are fixed bugs in template. I hope it’s included in our new release ( Because both of they are core members ). But if they are modified it to fit your site requirement. That’s another story. It’s custom works / customize works.
    And of course, if it’s modified core files, it’ll be replaced when do template upgrade. To avoid it.

– Should never touch core files
    – If needed, you can write down which thing you have hacked. Than for next time you can re-hack it in quickly
    – When do template upgrade, you can check into change logs to see which file are updated. Than you can update these files only, instead whole package.

And finally. In fact, we should only do upgrade if:
    – New version have fixed some issues that cause troubles on your site
    – New version have new features that you want to use
    If not. There is no profit to do that.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum