Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Thank you for the XHTML and CSS tip. That worked perfectly. As for the rest, I’ve given up and have installed Joomla 1.0.14 instead. There were some modules I needed that wouldn’t run correctly in legacy mode either. Everything seems to be working now.

Will there be an update for Utahia 1 to Joomla 1.5? I would still be interested in that. Utahia 2 is different enough that I still prefer ver 1.

Many thanks!

wolfemann Friend

Greetings,

I was wondering where the code is that determines and switches the template colors. I’m trying to alter the template so that in each section the interface will have a different color (e.g. – ‘home’ section displays ‘hot’, clicking on the link for ‘news’ loads ‘natural’, etc…), and this seems like the quickest (although certainly not the best) method to accomplish this. Essentially I’m trying to “color code” the entire site.

Any tips as to where to start?

Also, now that I’ve switched to Joomla! 1.0.14 I have another problem. This was easy to configure in Joomla! 1.5 but is giving me problems in 1.0.14. I want to hide the Main Menu on the left side on the Home page without effecting the Suckerfish navigation, how can I do this?

Thanks again.

Best,
    Micah

mfcphil Friend

Wolfemann visit the bug report/user page
    Section 4 colour…this is the basic details.

Although for what you want to do ie giving each section a different colour, you would need to copy your templates and give ecah one a different set of rules

wolfemann Friend

Greetings mfcphil.

Thank you for your response.

I have that information from the readme. I understand, in general, how I can approach this in the way I’d mentioned above. I just don’t know how to execute it.

Before I start making new templates for my other sections, I can start by using the 3 included colors until I get this working. Basically I just want to trigger a switch to a new color from a page link, or by inclusion in one of the modules.

I have some experience with PHP, but I’m new to Joomla and this template, so I don’t know where to look, to code an event like this.

I can’t imagine it would be that difficult (relatively speaking). One can effect the change with the ‘user tools’ by default. What I want to do is to trigger the ‘color’ change to a specific ‘color’ when a user clicks on a new menu item. (e.g. Blog uses ‘natural’, Home uses default, News uses ‘hot’, etc…)

I don’t understand where or how the switching is being accomplished or how to link this to the event described, so I probably need a bit more help.

Update: I read another book on Joomla, and subscribed to a few Joomla forums, and I think I understand this better now. In the Template Manager I can “Assign” (in Joomla! 1.0.14) a specific template to any menu item. This should override the “default” template for this “section” and any “categories” under that section. Is that right?

Thanks again,
    Micah

aikonfuture Friend

Hello, there is a javascript error by clicking the collapse zone (Utahia II for joomla 1.5)

Error: toggleHeader is not defined

I verified it on my site and on Utahia II QuickStart.

aikonfuture Friend

The problem is in the file templatesja_utahia_iiscriptsja.script.js, where the functions toggleHeader and toggleHeaderGo are missing.

Put this code in templatesja_utahia_iiscriptsja.script.js (copied from ja.script.js live demo) to solve the bug.

function toggleHeader (aobj) {
    if (!tophd) return;
    headerToggle = -(headerToggle);
    if (aobj)
    {
    if (headerToggle > 0)
    {
    aobj.className = "ja-cb";
    aobj.href = "#collapse";
    aobj.title = "Collapse Spotlight";
    } else {
    aobj.className = "ja-ob";
    aobj.href = "#expend";
    aobj.title = "Expend Spotlight";
    }
    }
    if (headerToggle > 0) {
    tophd.style.display = "block";
    } else {
    tophd.style.overflow = "hidden";
    if (document.getElementById('ja-bigicon')) document.getElementById('ja-bigicon').style.display = "none";
    }
    headerTimeout = setTimeout (toggleHeaderGo, headerInt);
    }

function toggleHeaderGo () {
    if (headerTimeout) {
    clearTimeout (headerTimeout);
    headerTimeout = 0;
    }
    if (!tophd) {
    return;
    }
    headerTimeout = setTimeout (toggleHeaderGo, headerInt);
    var stop = false;
    var h = tophd.offsetHeight;
    h += headerStep * headerToggle;
    //alert(h);
    if (h <= 0){
    h = 0;
    tophd.style.display = "none";
    stop = true;
    }
    if (h > headerHeight){
    //alert(tophd.scrollHeight);
    h = headerHeight;
    stop = true;
    tophd.style.overflow = "";
    tophd.style.display = "";
    if (document.getElementById('ja-bigicon')) document.getElementById('ja-bigicon').style.display = "";
    }
    if (tophdleft) tophdleft.style.height = h + "px";
    if (tophdright) tophdright.style.height = h + "px";
    if (tophd) tophd.style.height = h + "px";

if (stop) {
    clearTimeout (headerTimeout);
    headerTimeout = 0;
    createCookie("HeaderToggle", headerToggle, 365);
    }
    }

houzhe Friend

Collapse & Expand problem still exist for Utahia II template joomla 1.5.

The spotlight will keep open regardless user set it to callapse or not. If user click Collapse button, then click on menu again, it will stay open. See example on http://www.aikonfuture.it/main/

Please fix the bug

Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  houzhe 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum