Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    joserra57 Friend

Please i am new in Joomla and I need information or guide about Ja_slideshow for configuration
    I hope your help

TomC Moderator

<em>@joserra57 304572 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please i am new in Joomla and I need information or guide about Ja_slideshow for configuration
    I hope your help</blockquote>

Please see POST # 4 within our JA TRAVEL USER GUIDE

maniiacl Friend

I just downloaded this template and gives an error when uploading directly to server, tried others and upload fine but not this…

Phill Moderator

How are you uploading the template? Is that your ticket I have? If so please update it with your credentials and I will try and upload it for you.

maniiacl Friend

Im uploading via extension manager>>upload package file and get error, Im trying to upload via FTP now

benmont86 Friend

i get this error when i try to upload the template over an existing installation of jatravel with joomla 1.7. any help please?
    Copy failed
    JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /home2/boli5938/public_html/discoverbolivia.com.bo/tmp/install_4f721ade64791/params.ini to /home2/boli5938/public_html/discoverbolivia.com.bo/templates/ja_travel/params.ini

Phill Moderator

Please check the file permissions of thos files. The error simply means that the script cannot overwrite some of your files usually because of permissions or ownership changes.

benmont86 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 310547 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please check the file permissions of thos files. The error simply means that the script cannot overwrite some of your files usually because of permissions or ownership changes.</blockquote>
    And which files’ permissions exactly should I check? And another thing: I updated another site to version 2.5 via my hosting provider software because it actually prompted me to update. However, with another site nothing happened, so im trying to update manually. I have already updated to joomla 2.5 but I dont know if i have to update the template as well and other components, or what i did already should be enough? thanks in advance if you can help me.

Phill Moderator

The file – discoverbolivia.com.bo/templates/ja_travel/params.ini is the one you should check the permissions of.

As for the template and other JA Extension, use the JA Extension manager to check and see if any updates are required.

optimus74 Friend

Good afternoon,

I have just installed Joomla 2.5 at Joomlaspanish servers (webempresa), but now, after uploaded the T3 framework plugin, I cannot install the Ja Travel template at all.

When I try to upload this template, I found an error message that says “pack instalation could not be found”.

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

Thank you.

1. Clipboard-1
    TomC Moderator

Why not simply use the JA Travel 2.5 Quickstart installation package – which installs J2.5 for you?

There really is not a need to pre-install Joomla.

Phill Moderator

There is often a need to pre-install but usually that is for a migration or update of an existing site, or maybe to install with a specific hosting pack. Does any of that apply to you? How did you install Joomla ie did you use a one click installer provided by your host or did you download Joomla and install manually?

If you installed manually and are starting a fresh site then the quickstart is the best method. If you are for some reason unable to do that then drop me a PM with your super admin account and I will see if I can install the template for you.

optimus74 Friend

Hello TomC,

Thank you very much for your answer. I prefered to use the joomlaspanish pack, wich is better for me than other joomla packs, as it comes with some plugins alredy installed in it.

¿Is there anything I can do to install this template?

Regards.

Phill Moderator

Please see my above post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum