Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author

I like the sites you posted, another one i really love and i hope to get JA team inspired by is http://mashable.com its very nice and clean design too, love the way they have done main menu.

bostonmedialab Friend

zorroh, absolutely agree. they have a very good wp template. I would purchase one similar in a heartbeat.

TomC Moderator

<em>@splico123 361876 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like the sites you posted, another one i really love and i hope to get JA team inspired by is http://mashable.com its very nice and clean design too, love the way they have done main menu.</blockquote>
    I’m gonna have to kinda disagree with you on this one. As soon as I brought up that site I immediately started getting a headache. WAY TOO disorganized and busy for a news/magazine type site . . . . of course, this in MY OWN personal opinion.

TomC Moderator

I think instead of trying to offer up other sites as comparisons, it would be much more constructively productive if you would all offer up suggestions as to the kind of elements and functions you would like to see in an updated Teline Series template

. . . you know, kind of like how this whole thread discussion started out in the first place over 16 months ago. 😎

obliat Friend

I was also thinking about side module positions where we can put vertical images as wallpaper advertizing – linked of course. This could be tricky with responsive design though and be only possible on laptops and probably tablets. What do you think guys?

1. side-template-modules
    TomC Moderator

<em>@obliat 365227 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was also thinking about side module positions where we can put vertical images as wallpaper advertizing – linked of course. This could be tricky with responsive design though and be only possible on laptops and probably tablets. What do you think guys?
    </blockquote>

Need to be careful not to make it too busy and/or distracting, ya know?

obliat Friend

That could be a concern indeed – good look and feel is a must. Simplicity also. For a news template though, ads are just part of it all. We have to try make some money hopefully keeping our websites cute of course :).

And from my experience side branding is a valuable source of income and a position advertisers like.

Just look at <a href="http://www.mobile.de“>http://www.mobile.de (may not have the angle outer banner at the time you visit, but I hope it will) – discreet and very attractive. But I had to add picture with 2 side modules as this is how Teline IV looks and I don’t know how V will look. I am not suggesting anything like the above or eny other website, just giving a good example of how side modules/banners could look and work 🙂

Maybe even better attach a picture of mobile.de for reference:

1. mobile
    TomC Moderator

<em>@obliat 365239 wrote:</em><blockquote>That could be a concern indeed – good look and feel is a must. Simplicity also. For a news template though, ads are just part of it all. We have to try make some money hopefully keeping our websites cute of course :).

And from my experience side branding is a valuable source of income and a position advertisers like.

</blockquote>

I get what you’re saying … and I do agree with you about the possibility/allure of advertising revenue for a “news/magazine” themed site. Perhaps – as a “best of both worlds” kind of thing – activation/display of such side panels could be made to be an optional element within a future Teline series template … i.e., one can choose to publish/display them or not display them via the site administration.

obliat Friend

<em>@TomC 365245 wrote:</em><blockquote>I get what you’re saying … and I do agree with you about the possibility/allure of advertising revenue for a “news/magazine” themed site. Perhaps – as a “best of both worlds” kind of thing – activation/display of such side panels could be made to be an optional element within a future Teline series template … i.e., one can choose to publish/display them or not display them via the site administration.</blockquote>

You couldn’t say it better – great! That’s it – have it as an option and make best use of it. Thanks for your understanding Tom!

tfosnom Friend

<em>@TomC 365245 wrote:</em><blockquote>I get what you’re saying … and I do agree with you about the possibility/allure of advertising revenue for a “news/magazine” themed site. Perhaps – as a “best of both worlds” kind of thing – activation/display of such side panels could be made to be an optional element within a future Teline series template … i.e., one can choose to publish/display them or not display them via the site administration.</blockquote>

While you mentioned lets not compare sites etc. Given this one is a competitors news template much like the Teline series lets use it for clarification and demonstrable responsive function.

Looking at this example, I think the best use of advertising space could go into a (auto?) scroller at the top like they have here for news, with customisation for height etc its probably the best position ( top – in your face – yet not in the main article or module areas?) for a responsive site?

Your comments pro/con?

Blessings Shannon

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

I have only one suggestion : JA TEline V would be responsive.

Now, with Ja Teline IV, it is difficult because it is not really optimized for Iphone or Tablet.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

As reply here, if there is new version for JA Teline, it would be responsive like the way of bootstrap.

obliat Friend

On a responsive note, what could set Teline V apart as a great news tempate is devs taking into account business goals, leads, conversion points, and sidebar elements. The last one could be a pain in terms UX being just put on top of the mobile design. Instead sidebars could shrink to a tiny vertical color strip with an arrow to the direction that you can slide it over the content if you like (kind of vertical menu dropdown, but actually horizontal stretch-side :). The Teline V design in other words could be done with business in mind, offering easy and customizable ad spots, CTAs, leads etc.

In regard to my post #35 above it’s not only the sidebars – if you have side ad panels/modules/wallpaper ads on your main design, these are hard to fit when switching to mobile layout. So a narrow vertical bar could be there for the users to click to see the ad – advertiser happy to be on the mobile layout as well, and user happy for not being cluttered but provided an option to see the ad if they want. And the color bar will make sure they know there is an ad!

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

is there a possibility, one day, to see a Ja Teline IV responsive version, or a JA teline V template (maybe with Joomla LTS 3.5) ?

We just need to know.

Thank.

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, we have plan to upgrade most popular J25 templates to work with new T3 framework and of course, it will be responsive and work with Joomla LTS 3.5. We’re just released JA Nex template recently and in progress for JA Social and JA TelineIV templates.

Please stay tuned and check updates news 🙂

Best Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)

This topic contains 73 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  cepedalc 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum