Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi Jhazzzzzzzzzi,

<em>@jhazzi 61907 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I would like to find the references you made, Cornelio. I’ll continue to search the Teline II thread.</blockquote>

Chris username is questbg related to his magazine.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/reply/non-special-people-see-special-links-when-submitting-fix-3/

Click on his stastics and find his original posts. Begin reading his first post. As you can see there, many of his posts were solved by Menalto. A Moderator here. The suggestions are on the money.

Chris and I started some tutorials here:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/add-module-2/

One quick way of finding useful articles, in some of the posts of Chris that were marked SOLVED, click solved and you will get all the solved threads in each forum section.

If you have not done so already, you may benefit by visiting the tutorial:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/forum/joomlart-tutorials/

A question, would it be proper to “remove thank you?” I’m not sure. </blockquote>

Be guided by what you feel. We have a more discussion of when to thank people here:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/forum-credits/

Personally, I thank people as a matter of courtesy, but use the Thank You button only when a posts helped.

PS I like that you type my name as I do. So, you like holding Z’s down too, eh?:-[</blockquote>

I copy and paste, based on the preference of people 🙂

Are you from Canada?

I shall address your other questions some other time.

Cornelio

jhazzi Friend

<em>@cgc0202 61925 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Personally, I thank people as a matter of courtesy, but use the Thank You button only when a posts helped.

I copy and paste, based on the preference of people 🙂

Are you from Canada?

I shall address your other questions some other time.

Cornelio</blockquote>

Hi Cornelio,

Thank you for ALL of the info! I think you answered everything.

Clever of you to copy and paste “based on the preference of the people” and very considerate/thoughtful too.

No, I’m not a Canuck. I’m an American. I have picked up various colloquialisms I adore, along the way. Many through travel and others via the net.

By the way, my install hasn’t come without errors. Both errors I resovled on my own with a reinstall of J1.5.3 before the prof install, and post prof install, those errors are back!

I’m unable to upload components or make changes in global config because it won’t open. Permissions are set properly, too.

Screaming won’t help so I haven’t.:((

Jhazzzzi

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@jhazzi 62180 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Cornelio,

Thank you for ALL of the info! I think you answered everything.

Clever of you to copy and paste “based on the preference of the people” and very considerate/thoughtful too.

No, I’m not a Canuck. I’m an American. I have picked up various colloquialisms I adore, along the way. Many through travel and others via the net.

By the way, my install hasn’t come without errors. Both errors I resovled on my own with a reinstall of J1.5.3 before the prof install, and post prof install, those errors are back!

I’m unable to upload components or make changes in global config because it won’t open. Permissions are set properly, too.

Screaming won’t help so I haven’t.:((

Jhazzzzi</blockquote>

Hi Jhazzzzi,

This appears like a server issue and not that of Joomla or JA Teline II. If you want, I can set up a QuickStart in one of my accounts — everything would be setup. All you have to do is “click” and follow the brick road and if you obey the instructions along the way, you should yet reach Lake Victoria — to refer to a previous post.:)

If you succeed, then at least you know that you can do at least the installation part, and on to the next step, the Global Configuration. I offered the same to another customer here, having a different problem — he knows his installation already, but made a big mess of his site when he installed the new JA News II template.

Let me know, if you are interested. No cost for you, since it is only temporary.

Cornelio

jhazzi Friend

<em>@cgc0202 62201 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jhazzzzi,

This appears like a server issue and not that of Joomla or JA Teline II. If you want, I can set up a QuickStart in one of my accounts — everything would be setup. All you have to do is “click” and follow the brick road and if you obey the instructions along the way, you should yet reach Lake Victoria — to refer to a previous post.:)

If you succeed, then at least you know that you can do at least the installation part, and on to the next step, the Global Configuration. I offered the same to another customer here, having a different problem — he knows his installation already, but made a big mess of his site when he installed the new JA News II template.

Let me know, if you are interested. No cost for you, since it is only temporary.

Cornelio</blockquote>

Cornelio,

You’re very kind (which I discovered before now) to offer to help as you have. Thank you! I am not sure I follow. Do what you’ve suggested and I’ll “follow the brick road” . . . hoping I don’t end up in Lake Charles. 😮

I’m interested. What do I need to do?

Jhazzzzzzzin’

jhazzi Friend

<em>@cgc0202 62201 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jhazzzzi,

Cornelio</blockquote>

Cornelio, you’re brilliant! Not knowing what I’m doing, I went to the control panel at my host. I clicked php configurations, and read down the list. At the top was: “These PHP configuration settings are customizable by the server administrator. They are listed for reference only.”

It also had manange php by: default or php4 or php5. I removed this account from another host because of php incompatibilities. I changed it to php5 as I have read about Joomla 1.5.3. and php5 somewhere along the way. Changing it worked! I uploaded a component. And changed the site name in the Global Configurations! Now I’ll make more changes. I did minimal to test it first.

I hope you haven’t set up the sample account. I won’t be needing it but I will still need your help, I’m sure. I’ll post when I do.

I’m doing the *happy jhazzzzzzzi dance* wooo hoo!!

Thankies!

Jhazzzzzzzzi

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@jhazzi 62234 wrote:</em><blockquote>Cornelio, you’re brilliant! Not knowing what I’m doing, I went to the control panel at my host. I clicked php configurations, and read down the list. At the top was: “These PHP configuration settings are customizable by the server administrator. They are listed for reference only.”

It also had manange php by: default or php4 or php5. I removed this account from another host because of php incompatibilities. I changed it to php5 as I have read about Joomla 1.5.3. and php5 somewhere along the way. Changing it worked! I uploaded a component. And changed the site name in the Global Configurations! Now I’ll make more changes. I did minimal to test it first.

I hope you haven’t set up the sample account. I won’t be needing it but I will still need your help, I’m sure. I’ll post when I do.

I’m doing the *happy jhazzzzzzzi dance* wooo hoo!!

Thankies!

Jhazzzzzzzzi</blockquote>

Good for you Jhazzzzzzzzi,

While I am harsh about the deficiencies of Joomlart sometimes, and tell them so. In many number of instances they are blamed for problems that they did not cause.

Menalto knows more about these stuff than myself. Also, other Moderators.

What is your website all about?

For your learning process. Consider doing a QuickStart installation.

Cornelio

jhazzi Friend

<em>@cgc0202 62247 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good for you Jhazzzzzzzzi,

What is your website all about?

For your learning process. Consider doing a QuickStart installation.

Cornelio</blockquote>

I’ll certainly tap into the genius of others. I will take your suggestion. For now, I’ll stumble through this maze. To top it off, I’m new to J1.5.3 as well! The install yesterday was my first experience with it.

I’ve much to decipher and will enjoy the challenge through clenched teeth, laughter and woo hooo’s! I’ve 1.0.15 on two sites and 1.0.13 on another (my brother’s) which I haven’t upgraded yet. He doesn’t know any better and is happy but I’ll tackle it sometime soon.

My site is about Positive Thinking. Can’t you tell? :p

Thanks Cornelio.

Jhazzzzzi

Sherlock Friend

Hi Jhazzi.
    can I mark this topic is solved ?
    If you have others question, plz post on other topic, so we can manage easy and reply fastly for your question
    Thanks

jhazzi Friend

Nguoiabcd, yes, thank you. It can be marked solved and closed.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jhazzi 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum