Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I have tried downloading this template via IE7, Foxfire and Safari. It won’t download. This is extremely disappointing and frustrating.

I am using Joomla 1.5 and have made no changes whatsoever. It’s a new install. I would love to be able to make template changes if I could only get it uploaded. I was certain that would be the easy part!

Please provide a resolution straightaway.

Thank you!

Jhazzzzzzzzzi

cgc0202 Friend

Hi Jhazzzzzzzzzi,

No one can really diagnose your problem as written.

<em>@jhazzi 61846 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have tried downloading this template via IE7, Foxfire and Safari. It won’t download. This is extremely disappointing and frustrating.
    </blockquote>

This is most difficult to refute.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of us who were able to download the template — and I am sure many are using either Firefox or some of those other browsers you stated. I used Safari, Firefox but I prefer Camino (Mac user here) for my downloads. And, I have downloaded, unpacked and uploaded perhaps more than fifty sites already.

<em>@jhazzi 61846 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I am using Joomla 1.5 and have made no changes whatsoever. It’s a new install. I would love to be able to make template changes if I could only get it uploaded. I was certain that would be the easy part!

Please provide a resolution straightaway.

Thank you!

Jhazzzzzzzzzi</blockquote>

If you are a new user, I would suggest using the Joomla 1.0x-JA Teline II QuickStart kit, or Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II QuickStart kit. And, if you not quite familiar with Joomla, scripting and troubleshooting, you will have more success to start with the Joomla 1.0x-JA Teline II QuickStart kit.

The JA Teline II template in my opinion is the best ever created by Joomlart, but it requires a lot of background knowledge from you.

Did you read the tutorials for example?
    Have your read the QuickStart tutorials here that provide you step-by-step procedure on how to download, unpack and upload the QuickStart kit
    Did you read the installation problems posted here and how they were solved?

If not, you are likely to be frustrated because you are not prepared. There is no “Push this button” here; and wella instant best website in the world.

Just consider this situation:
    Imagine that your educational background is first year high school but you decided to take a practical exam in an advanced course in college, anyway?

Many of us, myself included, are in that position. We are in way above our head in the challenge because we do not have the scripting background to deal with the challenges. And, JA Teline II requires more of you, if you want to use it.

Some of the members here are quite experienced, and yet some of them are still stumped with the challenges that JA Teline II.

And yet, they persevere because they know that it is the best template for their site.

If you take that perspective, you will be less frustrated.

It begins by helping others help you. Do your reading assignment. Then provide more specific information:

Link to your site
    Webhosting service
    PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin information of the server used, etc.

Do not just state something like this: “I wanted to go to Lake Victoria but failed!” — a good analogy to your nebulous post. No one can ever fathom why you failed to reach your goal.

If you are unwilling to do your part or provide the information requested, no one will be able to help you.

Cornelio

jhazzi Friend

Love your sense of humour, Cornelio. My resolution to this problem was to PAY for a professional installation. Now, leave here and get busy uploading my Teline II showcase sample.

“The JA Teline II template in my opinion is the best ever created by Joomlart, but it requires a lot of background knowledge from you.”

Obviously, I agree! That’s why I joined the club to get it. JA is the first club I’ve joined for Joomla stuff!!

Thanks for your reply. Can’t wait to see MY site!

Cheers!

Jhazzzzzzzzzi

nigelta Friend

Well jhazzi, you sure seem to know how to get people on your side don’t you :confused:

If for any reason you are having trouble uploading or downloading the template then I would suggest that its up to YOU to sort that out and not Cornelio, who I might add is nothing to do with JA apart from being a club member the same as you and I.

If you have paid for professional installation then you should raise the matter with the JA staff and not insult other club members who would gladly help you out with any problems you might have in tuning the site as you want it.

Thats the main reason for this forum being in place and unless you can post a query without the insults or jibes, then please don’t bother 😉

jhazzi Friend

Nigelta,

Ooo darling, you’ve totally misunderstood the tone of this post that was NOT directed/posted to you. I am guilty of not looking at the identity of the poster to have recognized he was not a member of the JA team!

I will apologize to Cornelio if I offended him. That was not my intention. Perhaps he sensed the playfulness of my post, which you clearly missed.

At any rate, thank you for attempting to put me in my place when I was not out of place. However, I am willing to let Cornelio decide that for me. 🙂

Cheers!

nigelta Friend

Darling :confused:

Hehehe its been a long time since anyone called me that 🙂

You have just made my night 😀

Misunderstandings apart – good luck with your site 😉

jhazzi Friend

<em>@cgc0202 61860 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jhazzzzzzzzzi,

No one can really diagnose your problem as written.

This is most difficult to refute.

If you take that perspective, you will be less frustrated.

It begins by helping others help you. Do your reading assignment. Then provide more specific information:

Do not just state something like this: “I wanted to go to Lake Victoria but failed!” — a good analogy to your nebulous post. No one can ever fathom why you failed to reach your goal.

Cornelio</blockquote>

Cornelio,

Taking in consideration the other post, it was not my intention to jibe, jab or stab at you which would be totally absurd given the fact you were attempting to HELP me. I have been dealing with tech support for two days on other issues. When I received the email, I was on autopilot, clicked the link and responded. I wasn’t responding to a tech support unit of the company but to a Forum. I know what a Forum is and how it works. But that realization didn’t hit me until the other post was posted.

If I have offended you, I apologize. I responded as if you were apart of the JA team and you’re not. That’s why I said to leave here and upload my template! *LOL* Hopefully this makes sense to you and anyone else who reads this thread.

I meant no harm or disrespect. I was going to use a Joomlancer to take care of this for me as I am a dummy with this stuff. It’s far beyond me. I thought it made more sense to let JA take care of it. So I am. 🙂

Thanks again for responding.

Jhazzzzzzzzi

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@jhazzi 61863 wrote:</em><blockquote>Love your sense of humour, Cornelio. My resolution to this problem was to PAY for a professional installation. Now, leave here and get busy uploading my Teline II showcase sample.

“The JA Teline II template in my opinion is the best ever created by Joomlart, but it requires a lot of background knowledge from you.”

Obviously, I agree! That’s why I joined the club to get it. JA is the first club I’ve joined for Joomla stuff!!

Thanks for your reply. Can’t wait to see MY site!

Cheers!

Hi Jhazzzzzzzzzi,

After the database, user and password are created, after the QuickStart has been unpacked and uploaded, itt takes me five minutes tops to install the QuickStart kit for Joomla 1.0x-JA Teline II or about 12-20 minutes to install the QuickStart kit for Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II because of some extra steps.

That is what you pay Joomlart $40, if you use their service. That’s it.

I have news for you. Since mid January 2008, Joomla has upgraded four times 1.5.0 to 1.5.3; more before the end of the year because it is a very new version. If you do not upgrade — your site would most likely be hacked, if anyone would consider it worth hacking. Each upgrade would be worth $40 a pop, maybe more if you hire a private webdesigner.

It takes perhaps a day to do the initial customization, and weeks to make it a site really a true website — other than a Demo clone. If you cannot do the simple installation, the next stage would drown you. The going rate I heard from webdesigners and developers here in Boston is around $50 per hour. Even in countries like the Philippines, $22 is a bargain.

If you want to go that route, no one will dissuade.

But then, what would make it your website? If it is a company website, I understand. It must look best to represent the company. But, if it is, I would not use Joomlart templates.

Used as is, the Joomla CMS is very susceptible to malicious attack, if no further precautions are taken. The permissions system or the more general ACL of Joomla is also very primitive, so are the Polls, login, etc.

Good luck with your website, and please do share when it is ready.:D

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

I am glad you two — Jhazzi and nigelta — have resolved whatever is the misunderstanding.:)

Ain’t it grand if we all get along? We might use this approach to solve the problems of the world.

Cornelio

jhazzi Friend

Cornelio,

Thank you. I am already over my head. I am using J1.5.3, the latest version. I downloaded it from Joomlacode.org. I think I said 1.5.0 when I filled out the request for the installation of the template. Ooops!

It’s my company’s website. Another startup for me. I am under no time restraints. I will play around with it, learn a lot and enjoy the journey. There will be frustrations but I know where to come and who to look for when that happens. 😉

I’ll make sure you’re invited to the grand opening. Jhazzzi’s unveiling! 😉

Enjoy a lovely evening!

Jhazzzzzzzzzi

jhazzi Friend

<em>@cgc0202 61878 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am glad you two — Jhazzi and nigelta — have resolved whatever is the misunderstanding.:)

Ain’t it grand if we all get along? We might use this approach to solve the problems of the world.

Cornelio</blockquote>

Nigelta’s got your back! :laugh:

More seriously, I couldn’t agree with you more . . .

nigelta Friend

<blockquote>Ain’t it grand if we all get along? We might use this approach to solve the problems of the world.
    </blockquote>

A nice thought if only it would happen 🙂

jhazzi Friend

<em>@nigelta 61887 wrote:</em><blockquote>A nice thought if only it would happen :)</blockquote>

We won’t abandon hope. 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@jhazzi 61879 wrote:</em><blockquote>Cornelio,

Thank you. I am already over my head. I am using J1.5.3, the latest version. I downloaded it from Joomlacode.org. I think I said 1.5.0 when I filled out the request for the installation of the template. Ooops!

It’s my company’s website. Another startup for me. I am under no time restraints. I will play around with it, learn a lot and enjoy the journey. There will be frustrations but I know where to come and who to look for when that happens. 😉

I’ll make sure you’re invited to the grand opening. Jhazzzi’s unveiling! 😉

Enjoy a lovely evening!

Hi Jhazzzzzzzzzi,

You might consider to look at what Chris has done. And, the questions he was asking. He was even afraid to touch the simple features just more than a week ago but now, his site has been customized, you would not think it was based on a Teline II template.

The installation is quite easy actually. There are some tutorials available here. I wrote a detailed one for Joomla 1.0x-JA Teline II, my preference.

The customization takes longer.

Chris and I, had written a few tutorials to help beginners. He said, it helped him a lot too and was the impetus to his ability to really customize his site.

Whether you let a professional prepare it for you, the site will be more effective if you have an idea how it works. You may be able to communicate better what you want. the webdesigner should do and implement in the site.

Good luck.

Cornelio

jhazzi Friend

<em>@cgc0202 61900 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jhazzzzzzzzzi,

You might consider to look at what Chris has done. And, the questions he was asking. He was even afraid to touch the simple features just more than a week ago but now, his sight has been customized, you would not think it was based on a Teline II template.

Where are his posts, please?

The installation is quite easy actually. There are some tutorials available here. I wrote a detailed one for Joomla 1.0x-JA Teline II, my preference.

I have built 3 Joomla sites (not that I knew what I was doing) but have never been unable to install a template. I have followed the steps and it just spins and spins but no upload. *shrugs* Where is your tutorial, please?

The customization takes longer.

Chris and I, had written a few tutorials to help beginners. He said, it helped him a lot too and was the impetus to his ability to really customize his site.

Whether you let a professional prepare it for you, the site will be more effective if you have an idea how it works. You may be able to communicate better what you want. the webdesigner should do and implement in the site.

I couldn’t agree with you more, Cornelio. I’d like to speak more intelligible and cease using “I’m a newbie/dummy” when it comes to code, script etc.

Good luck.

Cornelio</blockquote>

Thank you and seriously. I have resolved to enjoy the ride. Life’s too grand not to make sensible choices. 🙂

I would like to find the references you made, Cornelio. I’ll continue to search the Teline II thread.
    A question, would it be proper to “remove thank you?” I’m not sure.

I have been reading the Teline Install Manual. I regret I’m unable to install the template. >:( *not really* just annoyed! GRrrrrrRrrrrrrr… Jhazzzzzzzzzi roarssss!

Jhazzzzzzzi

PS I like that you type my name as I do. So, you like holding Z’s down too, eh?:-[

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jhazzi 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum