Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

JA Social Template V 1.1.0 for Joomla! has been released today. Its a Major bug fix release.

Upgrade steps.

1. Strongly recommend uninstall and reinstall of Template.
    2. Reinstall of T3 plugin and all extensions and themes.

Since, it is a major bug fix release, there is no version comparison for this release.

Hung Dinh

th3who Friend

Download Link is wrong the link takes you to jm rasite download please fix

is ja social quickstart updated it still shows the old date 09-06-2010 and the new updated files say Today

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Updated. Version 1.1.0 is still marked beta, though almost all of the bugs are fixed. Can be used for development sites now as version update would be easier henceforth. No upgrade path from 1.0.0 version to current version. Too much changed between the two.

Arvind

jmpi Friend

i cant see the changelog, i see only a empty “box” 🙁

1.1.0 beta? that means, that i better wait for next release before updating a live-site ?

geekyartist Friend

This version still has problems… T3 plugin will not re-install once removed. Thinks it is legacy. Removal of the template and re-install is hosed also so the only way to update the template in the quickstart is manually.

Is the template stable to the point now if we start with a clean joomla install and add the components one by one? I don’t much care about the social part of the template but I need the K2 portion and I generally like the theme.

Downloaded the updated T3 framework and it appears there is an issue with the 1.6 release… it does not work on a new clean joomla install also! Just a heads up!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@jmpi 193585 wrote:</em><blockquote>i cant see the changelog, i see only a empty “box” 🙁

1.1.0 beta? that means, that i better wait for next release before updating a live-site ?</blockquote>

Changelog permissions updated >> http://pm.joomlart.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10666&version=10967

You can see the changelog now.

Just saw few reports in forum for few issues. best is to wait till it is confirmed by devs. If the bug is confirmed than a new version will be rolled out asap.

Arvind

jmpi Friend

thanks. then i wait for next release, hope it will go fast.

i want only the template for joomla, i dont need jomsocial or agora.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@jmpi 193596 wrote:</em><blockquote>thanks. then i wait for next release, hope it will go fast.

i want only the template for joomla, i dont need jomsocial or agora.</blockquote>

We are still testing out the reported installation issues with the new version release. will update back soon.

Arvind

thomase Friend

With the JA extension manager i get the following message:

<blockquote>Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Your account does not have enough permission to take this action. Please contact “JoomlArt Updater Service” for more information or use another account.</blockquote>

What to do?
    Thanks Thomas

thomase Friend

<em>@geekyartist 193587 wrote:</em><blockquote>This version still has problems… T3 plugin will not re-install once removed. Thinks it is legacy. Removal of the template and re-install is hosed also so the only way to update the template in the quickstart is manually.

Is the template stable to the point now if we start with a clean joomla install and add the components one by one? I don’t much care about the social part of the template but I need the K2 portion and I generally like the theme.

Downloaded the updated T3 framework and it appears there is an issue with the 1.6 release… it does not work on a new clean joomla install also! Just a heads up!</blockquote>

Same problem.

anas Friend

<em>@thomase 193599 wrote:</em><blockquote>With the JA extension manager i get the following message:

What to do?
    Thanks Thomas</blockquote>

Me too loooooooooool

geekyartist Friend

I have been able to partially resolve some of the template issues by standing up a clean joomla installation. Then manually install all the modules, plugins including T3 by using the older released package from 10/6 then install the updated template from today. The version of T3 1.6 plugin that was in the older package installs correctly but the version now on the T3 site does not work at all.

So the T3 1.6 version that is on the forum now is broken.

In the newer template version the Ja-login position is broken. In the older template ja-login used the mod-login but in the new version of the template today 1.1.0 it uses mod-jalogin and there appears to be an issue with this code.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@geekyartist 193587 wrote:</em><blockquote>This version still has problems… T3 plugin will not re-install once removed. Thinks it is legacy. Removal of the template and re-install is hosed also so the only way to update the template in the quickstart is manually.

Downloaded the updated T3 framework and it appears there is an issue with the 1.6 release… it does not work on a new clean joomla install also! Just a heads up!</blockquote>

Fixed and re-exported.

It was a minor issue, you can fix it by opening the JAT3 plugin xml file >> on the top >>

[PHP]<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <install version=”1.1.6″ type=”plugin” group=”system”>[/PHP]

Change to :

[PHP]<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <install version=”1.5″ type=”plugin” group=”system”>[/PHP]

A mistake when updating the version change before updating the download file.

Arvind

yasmagic Friend

I have installed the new template, and there are few issues. In JomSocial “All Group”, the template seems to be broken.

goldorakiller Friend

Why login module doesn’t appear in ja-module like in previous version ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum