Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

again, with or without SEF enabled and artio installed, do you have a 301 redirect in your htaccess. That is the issue with many joomla mods as you need to redirect your nonwww domain to your www domain.

everyone one should have this, it is basic to any websites infrastructure and needed especially of your going to be indexed on search engines.

gille30093 Friend

<em>@mj1256 68353 wrote:</em><blockquote>again, with or without SEF enabled and artio installed, do you have a 301 redirect in your htaccess. That is the issue with many joomla mods as you need to redirect your nonwww domain to your www domain.

everyone one should have this, it is basic to any websites infrastructure and needed especially of your going to be indexed on search engines.</blockquote>

I followed the tutorial here to add the 301 redirect, but it did not work, although I don’t think that its really the cause of the bug…

because if you look at the urls of the images through firebug when they don’t load, its obvious that the whole url is wrong, not just the www or nonwww like you mentioned. For example, they first point to “/lang-en/placeholder/images/Headers/home_page/home_2.jpg” instead of “/images/Headers/home_page/home_1.jpg”…..

mj1256 Friend

the 301 was a suggestion, and you need to get it too, work, the fact it didn’t suggests to me you have a setup issue.

my slideshow fix works, no delays, no rtation issues, no url issues, all is fine

now…
    <blockquote> For example, they first point to “/lang-en/placeholder/images/Headers/home_page/home_2.jpg” instead of “/images/Headers/home_page/home_1.jpg”..</blockquote>

what is the graphics path you have setup in the parameters?

I’m trying to help and I’m flying blind. I’m surprised the mods haven’t asked for admin access to take a look for themselves, if you want, you can PM me access and I’ll take a look, I just want to let you know though that I’m just a regular member of the forum, but I’m pretty knowledgable about joomla.

gille30093 Friend

<em>@mj1256 68615 wrote:</em><blockquote>the 301 was a suggestion, and you need to get it too, work, the fact it didn’t suggests to me you have a setup issue.

my slideshow fix works, no delays, no rtation issues, no url issues, all is fine

now…

what is the graphics path you have setup in the parameters?

I’m trying to help and I’m flying blind. I’m surprised the mods haven’t asked for admin access to take a look for themselves, if you want, you can PM me access and I’ll take a look, I just want to let you know though that I’m just a regular member of the forum, but I’m pretty knowledgable about joomla.</blockquote>

the “images Folder URL” is set to “images/Headers/home_page”

mj1256 Friend

<blockquote>the “images Folder URL” is set to “images/Headers/home_page”</blockquote>

and there lies your problem

my image path is
    images/stories/slideshow/

with the images residing in /slideshow/

is the image folder named “home_page” and if so, have you tried a trailing slash /

do you want me to take a look?

gille30093 Friend

<em>@mj1256 68659 wrote:</em><blockquote>and there lies your problem

my image path is
    images/stories/slideshow/

with the images residing in /slideshow/

is the image folder named “home_page” and if so, have you tried a trailing slash /

do you want me to take a look?</blockquote>

I tried adding the slash…and I got the same effect.

do the images have to be in a folder name slideshow? or in the stories folder?

mj1256 Friend

technically no, but sometimes these things are Finicky. I would do two things

move the images to a folder in the stories directory and get rid of the underscore in the folder name
    change home_page to homepage or use a totally new name altogether.

mind you, I’m grasping at straws.

Why has no one else chimed into help, you guys waiting for me to hang myself, or is it you guys don’t know either??

katrina Friend

Hello

well im yet another person that has found this slideshow module to cause me some issues.

Here is a link to the site http://www.s4y.com.au

it kind of works in firefox but no were near it in IE (i use 7), i am using joomla 1.5, SEF is on and i am using the joomla standard built in SEF. I have installed the fix (which didn’t work) then uninstalled the module and re-installed the fixed on that was posted on page 6 or 7 i think.

The out come of that was a um how would you say semi fix. In firefox it showed the first image for about 10-15 sec (i got it set to 5) and then jumped a bit and then continued fine and in IE it just stays on the same picture the whole time.

Can someone please help me out?

gille30093 Friend

<em>@mj1256 68727 wrote:</em><blockquote>technically no, but sometimes these things are Finicky. I would do two things

move the images to a folder in the stories directory and get rid of the underscore in the folder name
    change home_page to homepage or use a totally new name altogether.

mind you, I’m grasping at straws.

Why has no one else chimed into help, you guys waiting for me to hang myself, or is it you guys don’t know either??</blockquote>

I’ve tried what you suggested, with the same result.
    <blockquote>Hello

well im yet another person that has found this slideshow module to cause me some issues.

Here is a link to the site http://www.s4y.com.au

it kind of works in firefox but no were near it in IE (i use 7), i am using joomla 1.5, SEF is on and i am using the joomla standard built in SEF. I have installed the fix (which didn’t work) then uninstalled the module and re-installed the fixed on that was posted on page 6 or 7 i think.

The out come of that was a um how would you say semi fix. In firefox it showed the first image for about 10-15 sec (i got it set to 5) and then jumped a bit and then continued fine and in IE it just stays on the same picture the whole time.

Can someone please help me out? </blockquote>

I can confirm its the same issue.

mj1256 Friend

http://www.s4y.com.au/, you have weird looking url’s, what are you using for url rewriting?

also, the rotation only stopped when I clicked through a link in the moonews modules on the right.

looks like a mootools conflict

but still, weird urls.

you can check out my site to compare
    click here
    I have SEO enabled, artio joomSEF component and joomSEO mambot and an .htaccess 301 redirect.

I can’t tell you how many times the redirect fixed things and its mandatory to have on all websites.

I still think this is an .htaccess issue, did you rename your htaccess and edit it when you enabled the standard sef on joomla config

katrina Friend

i have changed my urls now so that they are not wiered looking. Originally i had maually written them because WYSYWIG editor wasn’t writting them properly. But they they are normal and just like the main menu.

Any more ideas on any fixes please?

Oh yeah and the htaccess file is .htacccess and there was nothing in there about 301 redirects or anything.

How could the 301 redirect thing affect the slide show?

mj1256 Friend

it works on all of your main content items, it doesn’t work from your moonews links.

conflict between jaslideshow and ja moonews?

can’t see back end so its a guess.

katrina Friend

im thinking of implementing ja_header as we always use to do with lots of our joomla site, is there a version of it for joomla 1.5?

Or does someone have a fix for this?

and thank you mj1256 for your help, it is much appreciated

katrina Friend

Hi again
    I have stuck a different module up there which seems to do the job

mj1256 Friend

can you click the thank you button so it counts

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

This topic contains 89 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  MIMOZAKALLO 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum