Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author

JA-slideshow stops working when you enable SEF on your website (doesnt matter if its the basic one in joomla 1.5 or more advanced ones like sh404SEF)

There are many topics about this issue, but mods refuse to respond in any way in ALL off them.
    Thats why i am creating another topic.

At least a response would be nice, if joomlart cant fix this, dont care, or think they have more important things to do then just say that…. thats at least a honest response.

I am running running joomla 1.5.3 and the url is http://www.dubbelgevoel.nl at the moment sef is enabled, as you can see it works perfectly on main page but if you navigate to somewhere else it gives an error after the first image.

Im getting the feeling most mods here dont mind giving answers to simple regular questions but just cant be bothered if really something have to be changed (of course with some ppl as an exception).

Myself im not a member that long but always doing my best to help other ppl out as usually they are regular joomla questions and not that much template related anyways. I believe alot of mods can learn quite a bit from some active users on here, as they are much more willing to help……

Some help would really really really be appriciated.

askieman Friend

Ya, I see it doesn’t work together. Hope this will be fixed soon.

bennitos Friend

should i be better off posting this in paid requests?

Altho im building a website for charity, and this is a reqular bug in a template i might be willing to pay a few buks so that someone would be willing to help me fix this.

Seeing that normal postings about this problem dont get many reactions… 🙁

Sherlock Friend

Hi bennitos !
    Sorry for delay. Please send me via PM an account to admin area of your website so that I could look further into the issue. I have viewed your website, but I can not detect the root of issue.

bennitos Friend

thank you for your reaction appriciate it 🙂

Pm is on its way.

Sherlock Friend

I have looked into admin and discovery a problem :
    When you click on Bestellen menu item of top menu it will redirect to : http://www.dubbelgevoel.nl/index.php/Bestellen.html link, with this link jaSlideshow stops images don’t rotate.
    But when you use link : http://www.dubbelgevoel.nl/Bestellen.html JA slideshow runs well.

I think that this is a problem in config of sh404SEF component.

Sherlock Friend

bennitos !
    Please try to disable mod_rewrite option in global configuration , I go to admin but couldn’t find global configuration menu , did you disable it ?

bennitos Friend

Thank you for looking but as i said in topic and in pm it doesnt work with the integrated SEF option in joomla 1.5 either so it cant be a problem with the configuration of 404sef.

And it doesnt work in all menu’s only works in frontpage.

Sherlock Friend

bennitos !
    Please try to disable mod_rewrite option in global configuration , I go to admin but couldn’t find global configuration menu , did you disable it ?

bennitos Friend

it is disabled (already was)

bennitos Friend

if you want i can disable the 404sef and enable the integrated one in joomla 1.5?

bennitos Friend

with the 404sef you have 3 options for the rewriting:

without .htaccess (index.php)
    without .htaccess (index.php?)
    with .htaccess (mod_rewrite)

Fails with all 3

Sherlock Friend

<blockquote>sh404SEF can operate with or without mod_rewrite (that is with or without .htaccess file). Url are the same, except there is an added /index.php/ bit in them when not using .htaccess. This is now the default setting, as it is much easier to use. You may want to adjust your ErrorDocument as 404 errors will no longer be processed by Joomla when operating without a .htaccess file.</blockquote>
    do you use .htaccess file ?

Sherlock Friend

Hi bennitos !
    /index.php/ is default added link of sh404sef , now , we try to disable sh404sef and use seo of joomla. okie ?

bennitos Friend

404sef is now disabled and the standard joomla one enabled

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)

This topic contains 89 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  MIMOZAKALLO 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum