Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

I have another problem. My description is shown under the picture.
    i used a smaller picture, and the text was showing under the dissapearing image

fixed. from the code

syops sapper Friend

Hello,

I have installed Sandine “Quick” install and am new to this so please bear with me..

Please see: http://76.12.153.190/ I added some images to the default folder images/stories/slideshow/ and made the change in the “description parameters” box but then the images I removed still show up and run down the page, more so in IE. I have deleted the images and they still show up… any ideas?

Thank you,
    Eric

I have other issues but one at a time. 🙂 “just a noob”

syops sapper Friend

<em>@syops sapper 114663 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I have installed Sandine “Quick” install and am new to this so please bear with me..

Please see: http://76.12.153.190/ I added some images to the default folder images/stories/slideshow/ and made the change in the “description parameters” box but then the images I removed still show up and run down the page, more so in IE. I have deleted the images and they still show up… any ideas?

Thank you,
    Eric

I have other issues but one at a time. 🙂 “just a noob”</blockquote>

Ok, I reinstalled the complete “QuickInstall” again and now have things working. See http://syops.com The issue was as many picture you have in that folder will show up.. so I keep it limited to just 4.

Until next time.

cosmano Friend

<em>@campuscodi 114598 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have another problem. My description is shown under the picture.
    i used a smaller picture, and the text was showing under the dissapearing image

fixed. from the code</blockquote>

I have exactly the same problem here. Can you please share what you did ?

campuscodi Friend

send me a PM with your email and we’ll talk

mj1256 Friend

can someone give me the format to make the links work, using latest version of slideshow, don’t need thumbs or descriptions, just using images in images directory to link to internal pages

currently trying

mj1256 Friend

i also tried this

<h3>10 things you must know about JA Teline III</h3>
    <p>JA Teline III goes live now</p>

mj1256 Friend

bump anyone???

congtq Friend

<blockquote>don’t need thumbs</blockquote>
    You need to set Navigation Show is “No”.

You don’t want to show Description but you still need setting Show Description is “Description only”
    then set Description for each Item with below format:

howmn3 Friend

<em>@unixboymd 110414 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is the code that I used for the slideshow TKC12. The links are SEF and were auto-generated by the SEF extension that I used.

<h3>What Is Aromatherapy ?</h3>
    <p>Aromatherapy is the use of organic essences of aromatic plants for healing and the maintenance of vitality</p>

<h3>Distillation Of Essential Oils </h3>
    <p>Essential oils are obtained mainly by distillation, and a few by solvent extraction.</p>

<h3>History Of Aromatherapy</h3>
    <p>A chemist, the Frenchman Rene Gattefosse in 1937 coined the word 'Aromatherapy'.</p>

<h3>Storage Of Essential Oils</h3>
    <p>Keep the essential oils in dark glass bottles in which they are supplied.</p>

</blockquote>

Having the same issue. Will give this a go. Thanks!

jstaker9 Friend

<em>@tkc12 110434 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you, unixboymd, for answering this post 🙂

Something strange is going out for our JA slideshow here.. I am using the codes below but it just can’t link to Joomlart.com.. does it mean we cannot link out?

<h3>Star Ocean - The Last Hope</h3>
    <p>Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise's famous real-time battle system, including the amazing graphics and visual effects only possible on the Xbox 360.</p>

The click points to my main domain name, gamersmingle.com…</blockquote>

I am having this same issue. Working on trying a few things plus found a programmer that can fix it.

pcpro Friend

I wanted to link to an external site in a NEW window

I did it like this:

In the description box:

etc…

(leaving out the http:// will make it an internal link)

I did not want any description background color at all !
    The “Description background opacity” can not be 0, it will not work, so I used 0.01

vreelandwood Friend

I was able to make the links work, however, the cursor icon does not change to a “hand” when you hover over the image. The image requires that you double click it to follow the link, however there is no visual prompt for that? Any ideas, I appreciate the help

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  vreelandwood 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum