Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Pulling my hair out for hours now…. JA Slideshow not allowing clickthru on images. Please help.

In the address bar the page shows http://www.mysite.com/joomla/section/category.html so that is what I try to link to. I am using SEF.

I have tried many different combinations. What do I need to do to the URL to make it clickable in the slideshow?

This is what I have now to go straight to the category, no article:

Description of Photo

Not working. What am I doing wrong?

Eventually this link will may go to a photo album that will not be part of my Joomla install but for now I just want to go to categories, but does not work for offsite urls either.

Thanks for any help.

teezone Friend

I’m having the same problem (JA Quartz), will do some testing – if I find something, will post. As it stands, my pics can only points to site home page.

imsleepy Friend

Money back guarantee? Ready to take them up on this…. too many problems!

teezone Friend

To be honest, this is my only problem – everything else looks great. I only discovered this at the end ..

I think something is buggy in the mod_jaslideshow2 file, but I don’t know enough to fix. For me, it defaults to home, regardless of what I specify in

Hopefully someone will have an answer!

tkc12 Friend

I have this same issue as well and even the premium support has not completely address this issue..

unixboymd Friend

Here is the code that I used for the slideshow TKC12. The links are SEF and were auto-generated by the SEF extension that I used.

<h3>What Is Aromatherapy ?</h3>
    <p>Aromatherapy is the use of organic essences of aromatic plants for healing and the maintenance of vitality</p>

<h3>Distillation Of Essential Oils </h3>
    <p>Essential oils are obtained mainly by distillation, and a few by solvent extraction.</p>

<h3>History Of Aromatherapy</h3>
    <p>A chemist, the Frenchman Rene Gattefosse in 1937 coined the word 'Aromatherapy'.</p>

<h3>Storage Of Essential Oils</h3>
    <p>Keep the essential oils in dark glass bottles in which they are supplied.</p>

imsleepy Friend

I will give this a try and let you know how it works. Thanks!

tkc12 Friend

Thank you, unixboymd, for answering this post 🙂

Something strange is going out for our JA slideshow here.. I am using the codes below but it just can’t link to Joomlart.com.. does it mean we cannot link out?

<h3>Star Ocean - The Last Hope</h3>
    <p>Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise's famous real-time battle system, including the amazing graphics and visual effects only possible on the Xbox 360.</p>

The click points to my main domain name, gamersmingle.com…

unixboymd Friend

Ok, I’m not a coder so I’m not exactly sure what is wrong. But I did do some tinkering and I discovered the following.

I downloaded and installed the Sandine I Quick Start package. It was running Joomla! 1.5.9 and in the slideshow module it had an parameter options for inputting the IMAGES and THUMBS folder.

On my site http://aromatherapy-pharmacy.com/ it’s running the Sandine II template on Joomla 1.5.8 and in the slideshow module it only has an option for inputting the IMAGES folder. It DOES NOT have an option for the THUMBS folder. So there is definately a difference between the 2 versions. Even though they both have the same version numbers.

So which template are you using – Sandine I or Sandine II?

As a test, I downloaded the entire slideshow module directory in /modules/mod_jaslideshow/ from the working slideshow that I have ( on http://aromatherapy-pharmacy.com/ ) and then uploaded it to my newly installed Sandie I quick start that is not working.

Gave it a test and it started working with both internal links and external links.

So I’d suggest that you download the quick start for Sandine II and then just upload the entire /modules/mod_jaslideshow/ directory on top of your non-working slideshow directory.

teezone Friend

I don’t know if this will help anyone, I use Quartz – it seems the module may have been confused with multiple settings.

Quickstart installation include 3 instances of JA_Slideshow2 – when I disable 2 of them, and correctly assign the Image Folder to line up with the settings, I can link to an outside URL.

For example:
    Image Folder = images/stories/slideshow/

<h3>Link to URL </h3>
    <p>This will link properly</p>

*If the image in is NOT in the image folder, the URL won’t work. That was my problem.

I hope this helps someone – since I only use one instance of JA_Slideshow2, I haven’t tested this with more than one module enabled.

But mine works now 🙂

tkc12 Friend

<em>@unixboymd 110439 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok, I’m not a coder so I’m not exactly sure what is wrong. But I did do some tinkering and I discovered the following.

I downloaded and installed the Sandine I Quick Start package. It was running Joomla! 1.5.9 and in the slideshow module it had an parameter options for inputting the IMAGES and THUMBS folder.

On my site http://aromatherapy-pharmacy.com/ it’s running the Sandine II template on Joomla 1.5.8 and in the slideshow module it only has an option for inputting the IMAGES folder. It DOES NOT have an option for the THUMBS folder. So there is definately a difference between the 2 versions. Even though they both have the same version numbers.

So which template are you using – Sandine I or Sandine II?

As a test, I downloaded the entire slideshow module directory in /modules/mod_jaslideshow/ from the working slideshow that I have ( on http://aromatherapy-pharmacy.com/ ) and then uploaded it to my newly installed Sandie I quick start that is not working.

Gave it a test and it started working with both internal links and external links.

So I’d suggest that you download the quick start for Sandine II and then just upload the entire /modules/mod_jaslideshow/ directory on top of your non-working slideshow directory.</blockquote>
    Thanks for your time, unixboymd. I appreciate your effort in helping us out. However, I am using Sandine II and I am using the quickstart as well. Hence, everything is from the package.

teezone, my site only has 1 instance and hence I think the issue lies with something else..

Thanks anyway to both of you 🙂

I hope that the support can reply us..

Grumpster Friend

I finally got the linking in JA_Slideshow to work. I hope my solution can help you. Link: [post=”111931″]JA_Slideshow Linking Possible Solution[/post].

In a nutshell, I had to set the “Show Description” option to “YES”.

Then, I used the simple description formatting style as follows:

image-name.jpg:caption=Your Caption&url=http://www.your-domain.com/etc

One line for each image in the image rotation folder which must be set in one of the other parameters for the module. Be sure set the correct path to the image folder because your links won’t work if the module can’t find the images (actually, nothing will work, so I guess that’s redundant info). 🙂

imsleepy Friend

Did you link to thumbnails or the main photo?

Grumpster Friend

imsleepy,

I link to just the main image. My use of JA_Slideshow has six large 950-pixel-wide images rotating on the home page. All these images are stored in the same folder. There are no thumbnails or a thumbnails folder associated with my setup. So I have six lines of code in my Description field (one for each image).

imsleepy Friend

Thanks for the info! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  vreelandwood 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum