Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I know it wasn’t exactly designed as such, but I’d like to use the JA Slideshow Lite module to rotate a few ads on my page. Unfortunately, when I moved it to position-9 and resized it to accept my ad sizes (620x100px) it worked, but ends up re-sizing the images slightly and creates a white space around the images (roughly the same size as the original slideshow position).

Any idea how to make JA Slideshow Lite re-size correctly?

Like I said, I know it’s probably overkill as an ad-rotator, but when I turn it off, other parts of Mero break (Side News modules stop working correctly), so for now, I’ll keep using it — IF I can make it work as my ad rotator.

synapsis Friend

Still needing some support here.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I don’t see the slideshow in your site. Did you disable it?

synapsis Friend

It has been moved to Position-9 as an advertising rotator. But I cannot get it to change sizes to my desired shape (620x100px). I’ve changed the size in the JA Slideshow Lite module, but it doesn’t work.

The width changes to 620 (but the image is shrunk inside by about 20+ pixels on either side) and though my image is set to 100px tall, the space the module takes up is still something like 400px tall (estimate). Sometimes there’s a white space (box) around my advertisements, and other times not.

But until I can get it re-sized (or find a different ad rotator to work — and as I said, the only reason I tried using the Slideshow Lite module for this was that with it unpublished, the Side News modules would not work) I’m stuck with this solution.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, Saguaros.

synapsis Friend

Please. Still needing support on this.

I wouldn’t even TRY to use the JA Slideshow Lite as an Ad Rotator IF the template’s Side News modules worked properly without it published.

clrmedia Friend

The default margin is 20px. In custom.css, insert the following code. Note that it will affect more than just module 9.

.ja-module .module-inner {
    padding: 0px;
    }

synapsis Friend

Thanks so much for your help on this, clrmedia. But that 20px wouldn’t account for the height of the module being far larger than needed. Could you please take a closer look?

Thanks again!

synapsis Friend

That 20px did appear to account for why the image was smaller than the width allowed, but it doesn’t account for why the module is so much taller than the image inside. I’ve looked at the mod_jaslideshowlite.less for clues, but adding some of those relevant looking classes to my custom.css and changing the min-height and height values only got me so far. I AM closer than I was though, thanks to you. I really hope you’ll help me dig deeper and find the solution.

Either to the reason the Side News modules don’t work unless JA Slideshow Lite is published, so I can use a more appropriate slideshow for my ads (something designed for it), OR at the very least, get JA Slideshow Lite displaying properly so I can use it for my ads until a better solution is found.

Thanks again! And please, ANYONE who has an answer, please chime in.

clrmedia Friend

Is that the h3.module-title area? Have you set the title to hide?

synapsis Friend

I thought it might be due to the thumbnails or prev and next buttons, or the description space, but they’re set to NO in the module admin settings. I had hoped that would mean the module would re-size, but it looks like there’s likely a min-height or something assigned to it that I’m not finding. Your help locating it would be MOST appreciated.

synapsis Friend

I really thought it was due to this here:

.ja-ss-item {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    position: absolute;
    right: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    min-height: 260px;
    z-index: 10;
    backface-visibility: hidden;
    -moz-backface-visibility: hidden;
    -webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;
    }

But removing the min-height didn’t seem to do any good. *grumble*

clrmedia Friend

Post a picture.

clrmedia Friend

Add the following to custom.css:

.ja-sl-3 {
    padding: 0px;
    }

synapsis Friend

I already added that. It did help, but didn’t get rid of all of the surrounding white space. I really think it’s that min-height: 260 I mentioned above, or something inside of that element, because if I set min-height to something ridiculous like 4000px, it totally affects the same white space, but if I change it to min-height: 100px (for example), it still won’t shrink any shorter than it is now.

1. slideshow_problems
    synapsis Friend

Oh fantastic… now sometimes when I go to an interior page, it looks fine (no white space, margins just right), and on the home page, it’s still showing like above. Then, if I refresh, it goes back to showing the white space on the interior page that looked fine just a minute prior. I possibly have a caching issue, and my problem is actually solved. But when I look at the site in a fresh, different browser, it shows it’s still broken. This is enough to drive one mad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum