Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

OK, here is the latest. I have found a workaround to get the desired results perfectly! I created new transparent image without shadow and defined a new class in typo.css [ .img-style-wrap.style6 ], then called it from the ..templatesja_bistrohtmlmod_jaslideshowdefaul t.php file inside the <div class=”ja-slide-item”> tags.
    Happy ending! :laugh:

PS: Done in localhost

n6rej Friend

<em>@jayatunge 284692 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have to believe when you said “I”m not a firebug nor css expert…..” 🙂
    If I understood correctly the changes you suggested to the typo.css’ specific lines will effect the whole site image styling.
    Please see the change I made to typo.css as per your direction in “typo.css.png”
    Notice how the images show before this modification in “Other images.png” They also have the shadow, right?
    Now notice the images with NO shadows after the modification to typo.css in”Shadow removed.png” (The images in content slider gets the styling from it’s own css sheet.)
    Unless I am blind, unfortunately, you can’t say the solution is 100% accurate. 😀
    I have wrestled with firebug all these time but with no clue.
    I can PM you the Superadmin credentials, if you want to have look to help me.
    Thanks.

PS
    I have commented out the <div class=”img-style-wrap style3 left clearfix”> line in the ..templatesja_bistrohtmlmod_jaslideshowdefault.php. That directly addresses the slide show. I get the results, but I still see a ‘residual’ lines below the slide pictures while changing the slide in the first round. Can someone tell me if I am doing the right thing here, please?</blockquote>

the typo.css.png image is not the right way.. you need the .ja-slide-item prefix infront of it so it ONLY applys to items in ja-slide.

its close though… i think its like .ja-slide-item.img-style-wrap style3 { background:transparent; }
    but dont’ qoute me.. like I said I suck @ that part LOL
    I KNOW you need the .ja-slide-time first.
    cause its the “parent” class

n6rej Friend

<em>@jayatunge 284702 wrote:</em><blockquote>OK, here is the latest. I have found a workaround to get the desired results perfectly! I created new transparent image without shadow and defined a new class in typo.css [ .img-style-wrap.style6 ], then called it from the ..templatesja_bistrohtmlmod_jaslideshowdefaul t.php file inside the <div class=”ja-slide-item”> tags.
    Happy ending! :laugh:

PS: Done in localhost</blockquote>
    don’t add styling in .php thats bad habit to start.. always put it in .css, YES you can certainely add your own suffix and then you don’t need the transparent image just say background:transparent;
    look @ the tutorials in my siggy

jayatunge Friend

<em>@n6rej 284762 wrote:</em><blockquote>don’t add styling in .php thats bad habit to start.. always put it in .css, YES you can certainely add your own suffix and then you don’t need the transparent image just say background:transparent;
    look @ the tutorials in my siggy</blockquote>

No, I didn’t add styling in .php, It is defined in typo.css
    And Yes, you need a transparent image in this case definitely to have a “residual free” clean slide transition. The “background:transparent;” works but during the first round of slide transition you still see a thin, fade grey lines appearing and disappearing when slides load for the first time in the slide show. If you refresh the page (F5) it happens again (In IE8, FF is no issue). Using a transparent image (200px x 9px) in place of the original shadow images and new styling class, I avoided this behavior.
    I know this sounds complicated anyway! 😀
    Thanks

n6rej Friend

I wonder where the grey line comes from. Glad you got it fixed anyway 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum