Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

This is about JA Bistro J1.7 install. It is freshly installed on my local drive.
    The Slideshow is showing slightly different than the JA Demo. In your demo site the slide show pictures do not have a shade underneath (left and right): See the “JA demo site j1.7.png

But my J1.7 local install shows a shade under slide. See the “local J17 Install.png

I do not know how or where to find the code to comment the “.img-style-wrap.style3” class on slides. I want to remove this style from the slideshow images only!
    Please help.

1. JA-demo-site-j1.7
    2. local-J17-Install
    khoand Friend

Hi,
    Could you give me a link to your page as you said?

jayatunge Friend
    khoand Friend

You find this code from /templates/ja_bistro/css/typo.css

.img-style-wrap.style3 {
    background: url(../images/typo/img-shadow-left.png) no-repeat left bottom; < remove this line
    }

.img-style-wrap.style3 span {
    background: url(../images/typo/img-shadow-right.png) no-repeat right bottom; < remove this line
    padding-bottom: 9px;
    display: block;
    }

jayatunge Friend

That removes the shadow styling from all images everywhere in the site. That’s not I want. As I mentioned, I just need to remove these shadow ONLY from the Slide Show.

khoand Friend

You try add the code into /templates/ja_bistro/css/template.css

.ja-slidewrap_bistro .img-style-wrap.style3m .ja-slidewrap_bistro .img-style-wrap.style3 span{
    background: none;
    }

jayatunge Friend

tried. That code has no impact!
    :((

khoand Friend

You delete all of files of /cache and /t3-assets directory, please

jayatunge Friend

I did. No effect. :(( I can PM you the super admin, if you think it is needed.
    i appreciate you taking time to help me. 🙂

khoand Friend

I have just check your http://www.oandsconsulting.com/fabfood/templates/ja_bistro/css/template.css file. It doesn’t have the code I gave you. Could you check it again? You can give me username+password of your ftp. I will help you to fix it if it’s necessary.

jayatunge Friend

Sorry, I have removed it since it didn’t work. I have put the code back in. 🙂
    I will PM the FTP Access. Please check.
    Thanks.

PM
    The main reason I want to remove the bottom shadow from the slides is that in IE8, it creates a black, ugly, thick shadow during the slide transition.

1. slideshow
    n6rej Friend

<em>@jayatunge 284277 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, I have removed it since it didn’t work. I have put the code back in. 🙂
    I will PM the FTP Access. Please check.
    Thanks.

PM
    The main reason I want to remove the bottom shadow from the slides is that in IE8, it creates a black, ugly, thick shadow during the slide transition.</blockquote>i
    ts very interesting cause I don’t have that issue with ie 8 or 9

After checking your site I see that in your case the typo.css file is causing the issue. Please change the background of indicated element to either ‘none” or transparent.

1. typo
    jayatunge Friend

Well, firstly, I am the one who opened the thread and I need to be the one should close it if I am convinced the issue is solved. No offense to any one, please. >:(

Secondly, the issue is not solved by the suggestion posted by n6rej. if I put “transparent” no impact at all! If I put “none” it removes the shadow from all images everywhere in the site. That was not my intent. I ONLY want to remove shadows from the slides.

Please help. :((

PS
    To: n6rej
    You don’t have that issue with ie 8 or 9 Because, there is a typo in typo.css (J1.7 version) in lines 968 and 980. The images are all “png” not “gif”. Eg. ../images/typo/img-shadow-left.png

n6rej Friend

<em>@jayatunge 284583 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, firstly, I am the one who opened the thread and I need to be the one should close it if I am convinced the issue is solved. No offense to any one, please. >:(

Secondly, the issue is not solved by the suggestion posted by n6rej. if I put “transparent” no impact at all! If I put “none” it removes the shadow from all images everywhere in the site. That was not my intent. I ONLY want to remove shadows from the slides.

Please help. :((

PS
    To: n6rej
    You don’t have that issue with ie 8 or 9 Because, there is a typo in typo.css (J1.7 version) in lines 968 and 980. The images are all “png” not “gif”. Eg. ../images/typo/img-shadow-left.png</blockquote>

ok good to know I’ll get that css fixed…
    did you try the corrections the way “I” showed them? I know you have with others, but if you will look carefully @ what I showed you, you will see that it not only shows you how to replicate my findings using firebug, but that it also shows you the line and file that needs adjustment. ALSO, if you will look slightly up on the left side, you’ll notice that that specific class is “ja-slide-item” if that is the class you modifiy then it CANT effect everything everywhere, it will strictly be limited to items within that parent class.
    I”m not a firebug nor css expert so I can’t glance and tell you exact letter by letter to use… but I can tell you for SURE i’ve given you 100% accurate info to solve it fairly quickly.. you can test it right inside of firebug.

p.s. you do realise when I say “transparent” that means we’re replacing the image statement with just that word right?

jayatunge Friend

I have to believe when you said “I”m not a firebug nor css expert…..” 🙂
    If I understood correctly the changes you suggested to the typo.css’ specific lines will effect the whole site image styling.
    Please see the change I made to typo.css as per your direction in “typo.css.png”
    Notice how the images show before this modification in “Other images.png” They also have the shadow, right?
    Now notice the images with NO shadows after the modification to typo.css in”Shadow removed.png” (The images in content slider gets the styling from it’s own css sheet.)
    Unless I am blind, unfortunately, you can’t say the solution is 100% accurate. 😀
    I have wrestled with firebug all these time but with no clue.
    I can PM you the Superadmin credentials, if you want to have look to help me.
    Thanks.

PS
    I have commented out the <div class=”img-style-wrap style3 left clearfix”> line in the ..templatesja_bistrohtmlmod_jaslideshowdefault.php. That directly addresses the slide show. I get the results, but I still see a ‘residual’ lines below the slide pictures while changing the slide in the first round. Can someone tell me if I am doing the right thing here, please?

1. typo.css_
    2. Other-images
    3. Shadow-removed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum