Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am a member and logged in but I can’t download JA Showcase. I’d really like to use this excellent extention!

When I attempt a download, I get a message saying I don’t have permission to access the page.
    Is there something I need to be doing?

Many thanks…

Sherlock Friend

Hi.
    When you download, plz check again your account, maybe you have loged out
    Good luck

mexx uk Friend

No, I’ve checked again and I haven’t been logged out. The message I get says :

“mexx uk, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.”

As you can see the message contains my user name so I cant be logged out…

Mexx.

unixboymd Friend

I’m having the same problem.

mexx uk Friend

Anyone? I’ve seen this issue posted by others and they also got ignored?! :((

Can the package be emailed to me???

bigrk Friend

I think what the problem here is that the JA-Showcase extension is part of the JA Commercial Extension group which used to be a separate Club Membership. The JA Extension Club was discontinued and now the extensions that are still listed there are only available to Developer Members. These were never available to regular Template Club members.

mexx uk Friend

Many thanks Bigrk,

So, do I need to upgrade to the developer package to obtain this? I think the cost is prohibitive for the use of just one extension. Surely these should be available for single purchases or part of a package that costs a great deal less? Like I say the cost to upgrade is a little too much for one extension really.

bigrk Friend

I just opened a thread to see if there is a plan to make them available in someway to all members in the JA Staff Forum.

mexx uk Friend

Sounds like a plan. Do you have a link to it so I can keep an eye on it? Or is it private?

Menalto Friend

It’s private.
    We are currently redoing things around at JA, so please be a little patient.
    I will let Hung know about this post here since he have the final word on whats happening.

mexx uk Friend

Ok, I’ll keep an eye on things.
    Hopefully he will be able to sort things soon. 🙂

mayke Friend

<em>@Menalto 58770 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s private.
    We are currently redoing things around at JA, so please be a little patient.
    I will let Hung know about this post here since he have the final word on whats happening.</blockquote>

Please Menalto …..
    That would be great if we can use JA Showcase as JoomlArt member.

Thank you.

epipe Friend

Another vote for making the JA showcase available, one way or another!

Developer subscription is too expensive for gaining access to a single module to be used at a single free software site for screenshots…

Thanks 🙂

mayke Friend

Hopeless,

Seems that they has made clearly announcement, that :
    The JA Showcase component is commercial product and will not be free!
    http://www.joomlart.com/addons/components_and_modules/ja_showcase.html

:((

luthien Friend

yes, we know it’s commercial but the price of getting access to the extension is too high. They should restore the old membership system to download extensions. It’s too expensive to pay more than $400 just to get a single component.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mexx uk 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum