Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JA Senecio – Userguide for Joomla! 1.0

Following the JA Teline template, we’re glad to bring JA Senecio ,a new accessible, clean and clear Joomla template for our club members. If you like the beauty of web2.0 design, you will also like JA Senecio.

With three column layout based template, you can have more options to arrange your great content.

Beside this, JA Senecio is included various beautiful icons, buttons and module styles help you decorate your content.

• For users who start your Joomla! site at the beginning, I recommend you using QuickStart package of JA Senecio, named as ja_senecio_quickstart_v…_j1.0.x.zip. For instruction how to use JoomlArt quickstart package, please check the QuickStart guide
    • For users who new to Joomla!, there are many useful documents available at http://joomla.org about Joomla! and how to use, please spend some time to check them out.
    • Here is some other guides that may useful for you:

• For users that already have a site with contents and other extensions installed, please follow my instruction below to understand how JA Senecio works:

I. TEMPLATE

1.1 Template Installation

After downloading JA Senecio package and extract it, you will find template package named: ja_senecio_template_v…_j1.0.x.zip

Proceed installation of JA Senecio as other normal Joomla! templates. If you don’t know how to do installation or set a template as default, please check the How to install Joomla! template guide.

After installing and setting JA Senecio as default template, your site should look like this:

To see position located in site, in Navigation toolbar input string “?tp=1” at the end of site link

1.2 Template Configuration

To configure JA Senecio template, check How to configure Joomla! template guide!

You can change all JA Senecio parameters as you wish.

JA Senecio module positions are available here. You just need to configure your modules to be loaded on those positions to match JA Senecio style.

If you don’t know how to create module position in Joomla!, please follow this guide

III. MODULE STYLES & ICONS

JA Senecio has many built-in module styles & icons help you present your content in effective way.

When adding modules, you can specify Module Class Suffix parameter to change display style of modules. JA Senecio support three styles: -note, -sticky, and -default. If you don’t want to use module styles, leave it blank to use default style

With -default style, JA Senecio support icon style in addition and structure of suffix is: -<stylename> <iconname>

For example: -default icon6

Below is list of module icon names which were included in JA Senecio templates:

Follow below steps to change style of module:

• Go to your Joomla! Administrator -> Modules -> Site Modules area and open the module you wish to change style for
    • Find the “Module Class Suffix” field and enter the Suffix you want.
    • Save the module

III. TYPOGRAPHY

JA Senecio came with a rich typography to give users more ability to customize content look and feel. Please check all JA Senecio typography here at JA Senecio Typography

IV. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION

Q: I want to add a template position in to my Joomla!
    A: Go to your Administration Panel, Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add your template positions and hit the Save button.

Q: Where can I change my footer?
    A: If you want to change or remove something in the footer, just open the “ja_Rochea/footer.php” then modify it to suite your needs.

Q: My images take a lot of white space and do not look good?
    A: The {mosimage} may show some extra padding and margin. To solve this problem, go to your Joomla! Administrator -> Mambots -> Site Mambots and change the margin and padding parameters of MOS Image mambot to 0.

Q: Images without caption are stuck with text?
    A: It is because Joomla! generates the code different when {mosimage} has and doesn’t have its caption. So when you decide that the image will not having a caption, put it between the div tag like this <div class=”mosimage” style=”float: left;”>{mosimage}</div>

Q: What’s a module style? And module class suffix?
    A: Almost modules offer you a parameter called Module Class Suffix. Set a value for this parameter and you will have your module’s appearance differs from the others. JA templates often provide you some module styles which can be found in Module Styles area of the guide.

Q: I changed my default color/font/resolution but when I refresh the page, it didn’t change?
    A: JA template use client’s cookie to save your preferences. If you made change to default value, please close the browser, open a blank new window and then clear the browser’s cookie. You’ll see the new preferences applied.

Q: Some of my menu looks horrible. Why?
    A: Menus in JA templates are designed with the most semantic mark up are used over the net, it’s the list style. If you made change to the menu type, go to you menu module and change the menu type parameter to Flat List. It will solve the problem.

Q: I want to change some graphic contents
    A: PSD/PNG files and fonts can be found in the template’s source package. Please download the file at our download page in case you need to modify something.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum