Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

JoomlArt provides quickstart package for each template which aims to easy to use and comfortable for users. It will help you save much time of installing and configuring if you plan to start your site from the beginning.

Installing Quickstart package is quite easy as you install the normal joomla!. Please follow these steps:

1. Download the quickstart package from JoomlArt download section
    2. You have 2 options now:
      • Upload the zip file to your host and extract it using cPanel or other File Manger Tools if possible.
      • If option above not available, you can extract the zip file in your local machine, and upload all file to your host using FTP client program.
  • Start installation by typing your URL to the quickstart that you have extracted (uploaded). The installation page should be appeared as normal Joomla! installation.
  • Follow the instruction step by step to complete installation process. While install, please remember to install Sample Database to have all JoomlArt designed content, module and components settings.

• After you have done your installation. Just rename or delete folder installation in your Joomla! folder. And now you have done! Just refresh your site to see changes.
  • __________________
    ● Please read forum rules before post your question.
    Want a custom works? Post them all in our JoomLancers.com

dhuston53 Friend

I am a litle confused.

If I have a new site and I want to install Quickstart, do I first install Joomla 1.5 (manually or through Fantastico) OR should I skip that step and install Quickstart instead.

In other words, is Quickstart a custom installation of Joomla 1.5?

I think many people think Quickstart is just the template. But is that wrong?

Thank you

David Huston

igster23 Friend

Hi there,

Its is a little confusing where do you save the quickstart files on your Joomla files? Its not clear how you go forward after that – what do you mean enter your URL – sorry but these instructions are not clear.

Please help

sunrise Friend

<em>@igster23 94336 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

Its is a little confusing where do you save the quickstart files on your Joomla files? Its not clear how you go forward after that – what do you mean enter your URL – sorry but these instructions are not clear.

Please help</blockquote>
It is not easy, when you first start, but actually it is quite simple and when you have done it for a while it is easy to forget some steps that you start taking for granted.

Download Quicstart

if you do this on a local machine.

unzip in a folder sitename in htdocs. This will be your root folder.
(all the folders should now be inside this folder called “sitename” or whatever you choose)
Then open firefox or whatever browser you use
type http://localhost/sitename/

then istallations begins

if you work online

your root folder is public_html adn you do the same procedure there

Installation begins

follow the instructions and that should be it.

sunrise Friend

<em>@dhuston53 79731 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am a litle confused.

If I have a new site and I want to install Quickstart, do I first install Joomla 1.5 (manually or through Fantastico) OR should I skip that step and install Quickstart instead.

In other words, is Quickstart a custom installation of Joomla 1.5?

I think many people think Quickstart is just the template. But is that wrong?

Thank you

David Huston</blockquote>
I’ll try to answer your quetsions.

You don’t need to install Joomla first. Quickstart includes joomla and usually the latest version.

Quickstart is not really a custom installation, it includes joomla but also its own template as well as data, pictures, modules, plugins and components. Joomla just comes with the basics and the default template.

Quickstart is not just a template. There is a template, that you can install on any joomla site, or you can install the new template without the quickstart if you have your own plans for how you want to use it, but if you want the site to look the same as the sample site, then you should use quickstart and continue form there. Then you can unpublish any modules etc you don’t need.

I hope this is a help.

sameerhere Friend

My problem is, i already have a joomla installed with few plugins and data. If i do what is suggested, then will it overwrite my existing files, as the file name and directory names are same.
OR you suggest to delete all existing joomla installation and do a fress install using your quickstart. ?

Sameer

questbg Friend

Hi Sameer

Why not creat a subdirectory, for example http://www.yourdomain.com/newjoomla/

and install the Quickstart package there. Once this is tested and you have installed your extra plugins, then you could transfer to your main domain via FTP once you are satisfied everything is tested and working.

Good Luck
Chris

sunrise Friend

<em>@sameerhere 94591 wrote:</em><blockquote>My problem is, i already have a joomla installed with few plugins and data. If i do what is suggested, then will it overwrite my existing files, as the file name and directory names are same.
OR you suggest to delete all existing joomla installation and do a fress install using your quickstart. ?

Sameer</blockquote>
That’s right, if you use the quickstart you will erase all the old and have to start again, and that is fine if you don’t have a lot of data and want to do it that way. If you do have a bit of data and just want to new template, then just install the template and the modules you want after that.

Then follow the advice above, or create a quickstart site somewhere else to get used to the template and play around with it and see what the poosibilities are.

Devinder Kumar Friend

If any one requires detailed help regarding quickstart package mail me at devkumarg@gmail.com

peeka38 Friend

I uninstalled my prior joomla installation–thought it would best as this template had the latest–and it all went very smoothe. The only thing that peeps need to be aware of is that if you go this route you need to make sure you set up the database. You will need all the data when you unzip the qszip file…

Thanks again!! It was very simple!! 😀

munders Friend

I need help guys.

I upzipped the quickstart files on my pc then uploaded them to a subfolder on my live domain via Filezilla.

After upload I typed in the address and it went to the joomla installation page, which is great.

I then progressed a few pages until the part where i have to check the install sample data. THIS OPTION DID NOT APPEAR. It only had 2 options; delete exisiting tables or backup old tables.

Why didnt it give me the sample data install????

munders Friend

I need help guys.

I upzipped the quickstart files on my pc then uploaded them to a subfolder on my live domain via Filezilla.

After upload I typed in the address and it went to the joomla installation page, which is great.

I then progressed a few pages until the part where i have to check the install sample data. THIS OPTION DID NOT APPEAR. It only had 2 options; delete exisiting tables or backup old tables.

ShannonN Friend

munders;118727I need help guys.

PM me about this Maunders, there are many questions I need to ask and clogging the forum with posts is mad, If necessary we can arrange for me to install for you or at least guide you step by step etc
ShannonN

PR: wait… I: wait… L: wait… LD: wait… I: wait…wait… Rank: wait… Traffic: wait… Price: wait… C: wait…

munders Friend

I notice that you are online. Have sent you a PM Shannon

ShannonN Friend

munders;119026I notice that you are online. Have sent you a PM Shannon

PM received and replied to check your PM

Cheers ShannonN

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum