Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This module works wrong as far as i can see: the content in "sender email" field is used by the module to send emails with that sender. This seems very bad to me, in fact mail servers does not permit this behavior, otherwise this would be open relay with spam problems.
    Only the registered domain of the admin (global config/server setting/) should send emails through the form, as usually happens in the standard joomla contact form.

Is there anyway to change this behavior?

thanks for the help

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

“Sender Email” is a field to show email of the sender in the mail content, it is not email address to send email. The email address to send email is from “Global configuration”.
    You can leave the “Sender Email” not display the field in the contact form and set a default value for this field.

webdojo Friend

Hi, thanks for the help.

Unfortunately is not like you said. The value in "sender email" field is working wrong: as a sender domain. Try here ( http://www.salvatoremanfre.it )

If you use your email, the form is gonna try to send with that (if you fill the field with: youremail@mail.com the email address to send is gonna be youremail@mail.com). At the present moment is not possible because the server should be open relay, bad idea.

Plus, the field it seems to be necessary, otherwise the form is not sending anything. So i cannot hide the box with css ( i didn’t find any way to hide that with the module option ).

any idea?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  webdojo.
    Luna Garden Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.

webdojo Friend

I think you tried that after i changed the module: at the present moment is no more "ja quick contact" module but a different module named "CoalaWeb contact" which look very similar, so you may not notice that. I’m sure: Ja quick contact is currently working as i said, it sends with the mail of the user who use it.

I think devs should check. Maybe is something wrong with my installation but i don’t think so.

Thanks for your help

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

It seems that there is problem with PHP Mail option. Our dev will check and update in the next release.

In the meantime, you can change to use SMTP Mail option so the sender will use admin email.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  Saguaros.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mo0nlight 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum