Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

With the JA Pyro template, the code is inheriting (from somewhere I don’t know) instructions to have a width of 404px by default. This causes a double layer menu in Firefox when I have more than 5 short menu items or if I increase the font size larger than what it currently is. I can’t find how increase the width anywhere in the CSS and have even searched the blocks and layout files. Here’s what the …templates/ja_pyro/css/template.css file has listed for the mainnav:

/* Main Nav —*/
    #ja-mainnav {

font-size: 11px;
    line-height: 1;
    position: relative;
    z-index: 111;

}

#ja-mainnav .inner { margin: 0 auto; }

#ja-mainnav .inner {
    padding: 0 !important;
    }

#ja-mainnav .group-title span.menu-title {
    font-size: 105%;
    font-weight: bold;
    padding: 0;
    }

span.has-image {
    background-position: left 2px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    display: block;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-left: 25px;
    }

span.menu-title { }

span.menu-desc {
    color: #777
    font-size: 92%;
    font-weight: normal;
    }

How do I get it full width or at least modify it? Going nuts here. Check it out: http://www.boatingadream.com/newsite Thanks in advance!

Luna Garden Moderator

It’s because of js, Rypetry.
    To remove this code, go to:
    templatesyour_template_nameblockshead.php
    Remove these lines:

<script type="text/javascript">
    //<!]>
    </script>

Please remember backup your file before processing.

rypetry Friend

Thank you Luna!

alliancelawcorporation Friend

This fix did not work for me on JA Pyro 2.5.3 with Joomla 2.5.8. Any other ideas?

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@alliancelawcorporation 347206 wrote:</em><blockquote>This fix did not work for me on JA Pyro 2.5.3 with Joomla 2.5.8. Any other ideas?</blockquote>
    It should work eventually!
    Quite strange, btw, did you clear all caches after apply those changes?
    You actually can double-check on whether the script is gone or not by using the feature: “View Source” that is supported with your browser.

Thanks Luna Garden. Fixing the width to 980px worked by allowing me to 5+ item menu to be displayed in 1 line. Now how do I center the mainnav menu? Thank you.

TomC Moderator

<em>@alliancelawcorporation 348232 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Luna Garden. Fixing the width to 980px worked by allowing me to 5+ item menu to be displayed in 1 line. Now how do I center the mainnav menu? Thank you.</blockquote>
    Can you provide the url of the site you’re working on?

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@alliancelawcorporation 348232 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Luna Garden. Fixing the width to 980px worked by allowing me to 5+ item menu to be displayed in 1 line. Now how do I center the mainnav menu? Thank you.</blockquote>

Hello Alli,

In order to make your mainnav menu center, please go to:

templatesja_pyrocssmenumega.css

Find these lines:

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega, ul.level0 li.mega {
    background: url(../../images/mainnav-sep.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    float: left;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 0 0 2px;
    }

Change to

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega, ul.level0 li.mega {
    background: url(../../images/mainnav-sep.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    display: inline-block;
    float: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 0 0 2px;
    }

Add these lines:

.ja-megamenu ul.level0{
    text-align: center;
    }

If you still have the problem, please provide your link here for me to have a closer look.

PM sent to Luna Garden

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@alliancelawcorporation 348580 wrote:</em><blockquote>The mainnav is now centered, however the links in the slide-down menu are also centered. When I now hover over PRACTICE AREAS with slide-down menu, 2 of the links Immigration and Personal Injury are now displayed on the same line. In additional, all links are centered. The same issue occurs with the slide-down menu for CONTACT US on the mainnav.

Can you tell me how to to keep the mainnav centered, but not the links in the slide-down menu? Thank you. </blockquote>

Hi alli,

Please go to this file
    templatesja_pyrocssmenumega.css
    and add these lines:

ul.level1 {
    text-align: left;
    }
    ul.level1 li{
    width: 100%;
    }

Once done, clean all caches.

It worked. Perfect. Thank you!

avenyproduction Friend

I have problem with slide-down menu in JA Pyro after upgrading to Joomla 2.5
    I have installed new JA Pyro, JAT3, but Mega Menu doesn’t seem to work. Problem is in “Kontakta oss” menu link that has 2 submenu items, but they don’t show. Here is my site: http://goo.gl/U9Qf4

Followed your tips about centering the menu, and it worked.

Thanks in advance

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello Avenyproduction,

PM me login credentials: admin and FTP account of your site for further checking please.

avenyproduction Friend

I tried to sent pm but I can’t see it in my sent messages..
    Have you got it?

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@avenyproduction 350632 wrote:</em><blockquote>I tried to sent pm but I can’t see it in my sent messages..
    Have you got it?</blockquote>

Hi,

I did receive your email.

I have checked your site and find out that you are using template JA Pyro for Joomla 1.5 in Joomla 2.5.

Here is the link of mega menu script for J 1.5: http://juristcentrum.se/templates/ja_pyro/js/menu/mega.js

So please uninstall this template and install JA Pyro for Joomla 2.5: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20312

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum