Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how long will be before the template JA OPAL is compatible with Joomla 2.5 ? I need them urgently. Thank you!
    Regards
    wertz

TomC Moderator

Greetings Wertz:

At this time JA still does not know whether there will be a big push to go and re-visit older templates and add new features to them. JA still have a number of components to update and test and those are the priority at the moment. JA Voice, and JA Comment are 2 examples of big components that are actively being worked on.

However, it is my understanding that our JA Devs have given the “thumbs up” to agreeing to update a number of our older J1.5 Templates – though there is neither a list nor timeframe we can provide at this particular time as to when this will occur. In the meantime, there ARE methods to update the Joomla version manually – from J1.5 to J1.7/J2.5 – instructions for which are available within our Member Community Forum Sections.

toddman Friend

We were told back in June they would update Opal 😮
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-opal-for-1-6-version/

TomC Moderator

<em>@toddman 307965 wrote:</em><blockquote>We were told back in June they would update Opal 😮
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-opal-for-1-6-version/</blockquote>
    Hi Todd . . . I see that posting from drarvindc.

While I cannot promise/guarantee anything – I will remind drarvindc of his comment last year and try to get an update as to the status of the Developers’ plans and/or progress with this, and any other, J2.5 updates of the older J1.5 templates.

wrpaulsen Friend

I’d like more information about this comment:

“In the meantime, there ARE methods to update the Joomla version manually – from J1.5 to J1.7/J2.5 – instructions for which are available within our Member Community Forum Sections.”

Can you please supply a URL link to these “Member Community Forum Sections” instructions?

Thanks

<em>@TomC 307711 wrote:</em><blockquote>Greetings Wertz:

At this time JA still does not know whether there will be a big push to go and re-visit older templates and add new features to them. JA still have a number of components to update and test and those are the priority at the moment. JA Voice, and JA Comment are 2 examples of big components that are actively being worked on.

However, it is my understanding that our JA Devs have given the “thumbs up” to agreeing to update a number of our older J1.5 Templates – though there is neither a list nor timeframe we can provide at this particular time as to when this will occur. In the meantime, there ARE methods to update the Joomla version manually – from J1.5 to J1.7/J2.5 – instructions for which are available within our Member Community Forum Sections.</blockquote>

TomC Moderator

<em>@wrpaulsen 323177 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’d like more information about this comment:

“In the meantime, there ARE methods to update the Joomla version manually – from J1.5 to J1.7/J2.5 – instructions for which are available within our Member Community Forum Sections.”

Can you please supply a URL link to these “Member Community Forum Sections” instructions?

Thanks</blockquote>

Well, in addition to the link within the “Some Helpful Tutorials” list in my signature block above/below … HERE YA GO

😎

wrpaulsen Friend

Can a JA-Opal template be installed into a new 2.5 Joomla? And if so, will it work? If not, then it seems a migration of an existing 1.5 site to 2.5 can never work?

(And the migration links above simply describe using jupgrade, which many people have had problems with)

Stork11 Friend

<em>@wrpaulsen 323634 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can a JA-Opal template be installed into a new 2.5 Joomla? And if so, will it work? If not, then it seems a migration of an existing 1.5 site to 2.5 can never work?

(And the migration links above simply describe using jupgrade, which many people have had problems with)</blockquote>
    Hello wrpaulsen,

JA Opal is only supported on Joomla 1.5. There is no version for Joomla 2.5.

Best regards.

wrpaulsen Friend

But TomC said above”

This seems to be completely different from “JA Opal is only support on Joomla 1.5”

Which is correct????

<em>@Stork11 323857 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello wrpaulsen,

JA Opal is only supported on Joomla 1.5. There is no version for Joomla 2.5.

Best regards.</blockquote>

Stork11 Friend

To Upgrade joomla versions from 1.5 to 2.5 or 1.6/1.7 to 2.5 is easy and documented well at many sources.

JA opal is not yet available for Joomla 2.5 versions. You can check the 2.5 templates in our showcase by following this link >> http://www.joomlart.com/magento/themes/showcase?tag=joomla%202.5&catid=28

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum