Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

<em>@andrewwinkler 319940 wrote:</em><blockquote>There have been dozens of new ‘featured’ articles every day since the 25 April, in fact ALL articles in the britain, unitedstates and mideast are by default featured articles. You have the login details, you can see for yourself. The problme must be the caching.</blockquote>
    I have checked out your featured news list in “Featured Articles” acknowledged that the latest featured article was created on 25 April 2012. You should mark your new articles as “Featured” to add them to featured list.

Regards.

Andrew Winkler Friend

Let us just put the question aside for the moment whether the site contains featured articles that are newer than 25 April 2012.

If it was true that the only reason why there are no articles displayed on the RSS page of the frontpage newer than 25 April 2012, then the problem should go away after making all articles on the site featured articles, shouldn’t it?

I did exactly that. I went into the backend and made all content articles featured articles. I also configured the article import component (Full Text RSS) to make all newly imported articles ‘featured’ articles, not just the ones in the Mideast, United States and Great Britain categories.

In spite of doing all of that, the RSS page of the frontpage still only displays articles up to 25 April 2012, both on my Firefox browser and my Safari browser, even after clearing the cache on the server and on my notebook.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@andrewwinkler 320386 wrote:</em><blockquote>Let us just put the question aside for the moment whether the site contains featured articles that are newer than 25 April 2012.

If it was true that the only reason why there are no articles displayed on the RSS page of the frontpage newer than 25 April 2012, then the problem should go away after making all articles on the site featured articles, shouldn’t it?

I did exactly that. I went into the backend and made all content articles featured articles. I also configured the article import component (Full Text RSS) to make all newly imported articles ‘featured’ articles, not just the ones in the Mideast, United States and Great Britain categories.

In spite of doing all of that, the RSS page of the frontpage still only displays articles up to 25 April 2012, both on my Firefox browser and my Safari browser, even after clearing the cache on the server and on my notebook.</blockquote>
    I edited “Article Order” parameter in your “Home” menu settings from “Featured Articles order” to “Most recent first”. RSS page can now display the newest featured articles.

Regards.

kcrbsd Friend

My RSS feed only showing Featured Articles. i want to change it to show articles without featured.. can u tell me how i want to do that. ?

I try with menu type change but it not work for me and change Article Order to most recent first.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@kcrbsd 329016 wrote:</em><blockquote>My RSS feed only showing Featured Articles. i want to change it to show articles without featured.. can u tell me how i want to do that. ?

I try with menu type change but it not work for me and change Article Order to most recent first.</blockquote>
    Hello kcrbsd,

You can’t do like that. It’s a Joomla feature, and you can only configure your RSS feed following “Article Order” option.

Regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum