Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

This is probably just a configuration problem, but I haven’t been able yet to work out to fix it. When using the built in RSS feed function of Joomla 2.5, my frontpage produces not a single feed item. This is a problem, because the feed is used for the feedburner based daily newsletter my readers can subscribe to. What am I doing wrong?

Stork11 Friend

<em>@andrewwinkler 315029 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is probably just a configuration problem, but I haven’t been able yet to work out to fix it. When using the built in RSS feed function of Joomla 2.5, my frontpage produces not a single feed item. This is a problem, because the feed is used for the feedburner based daily newsletter my readers can subscribe to. What am I doing wrong?</blockquote>
    Hello andrewwinkler,

Could you provide your PM to me with your site information (your site URL, your site admin account) and your FTP account? So I can diagnose this problem.

Best regards.

Andrew Winkler Friend

I did a couple of days ago. Please check your messages.

Thanks,

Andrew

Stork11 Friend

Hello andrewwinkler,

I received your PM and i have been checking your problem. I will let you know as I finish.

Thank you for your patience.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@andrewwinkler 316008 wrote:</em><blockquote>I did a couple of days ago. Please check your messages.

Thanks,

Andrew</blockquote>
    Hello andrewwinkler,

You provided me with your FTP account but I also need your back-end account (I told you in my previous post) to check RSS settings on your site. Please send it to me by PM. Thank you.

Best regards.

Stork11 Friend

Hello andrewwinkler,

Please go to menu item “Frontpage” in “menu manager” in back-end, and edit “Leading Articles” in “Layout Options” section to number of article you wanna show in RSS.

You set it to “0”, so there are no article shown in your RSS.

Regards

Andrew Winkler Friend

That is true, but then the same articles are also shown on the frontpage, which they shouldn’t. There must be a way to use the standard RSS feature of Joomla without ruining the design of the frontpage. Is there a module I can disable to stop the articles from being displayed on the frontpage below the JA Frontpage and JA News module?

Stork11 Friend

<em>@andrewwinkler 317455 wrote:</em><blockquote>That is true, but then the same articles are also shown on the frontpage, which they shouldn’t. There must be a way to use the standard RSS feature of Joomla without ruining the design of the frontpage. Is there a module I can disable to stop the articles from being displayed on the frontpage below the JA Frontpage and JA News module?</blockquote>
    Hello,

I created new profile in your template naming “Home” with “Hide Main content block” option and assigned page “Frontpage” to this profile. It works fine.

Best regards.

Andrew Winkler Friend

Great. That seems to work. The only remaining problem is that the latest article displayed on the RSS page is from 25 April, that is 10 days old. How do I fix that?

Stork11 Friend

<em>@andrewwinkler 317664 wrote:</em><blockquote>Great. That seems to work. The only remaining problem is that the latest article displayed on the RSS page is from 25 April, that is 10 days old. How do I fix that?</blockquote>
    Hello andrewwinkler,

Did you already change your site to correct timezone?

Best regards.

Andrew Winkler Friend

Both server time and site time are set to ‘universal time’. The problem though does not seem to be caused by server or site time settings. The ‘latest’ content item displayed on RSS is from 25 April 2011, that is more than 2 weeks old. This seems more like a caching problem to me. The articles displayed on RSS are the ones first shown when the frontpage settings were changed to display more than zero content items, and have remained the same ever since. None of the hundreds of newer content items added to the site since are displayed. This is a big problem for me because it means my subscribers do not receive any daily feedburner newsletters with the latest news items on my site. The feedburner newsletters are automatically compiled based on the RSS page.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@andrewwinkler 318755 wrote:</em><blockquote>Both server time and site time are set to ‘universal time’. The problem though does not seem to be caused by server or site time settings. The ‘latest’ content item displayed on RSS is from 25 April 2011, that is more than 2 weeks old. This seems more like a caching problem to me. The articles displayed on RSS are the ones first shown when the frontpage settings were changed to display more than zero content items, and have remained the same ever since. None of the hundreds of newer content items added to the site since are displayed. This is a big problem for me because it means my subscribers do not receive any daily feedburner newsletters with the latest news items on my site. The feedburner newsletters are automatically compiled based on the RSS page.</blockquote>
    Hello andrewwinkler,

I see that date on RSS page () is the same as article page (). And both are “25 April 2012”. No problems faced :confused:

Regards.

1. rss
    2. front-end_content
    Andrew Winkler Friend

The problem is not that the articles shown on the RSS page display the wrong date, but that the RSS page does not display the latest articles. There have been many hundreds of new articles added to the site since the 25 April, but they do not show up on the RSS page, in spite of the fact that the articles are displayed on the frontpage and the blog layout page, e.g. on http://therebel.org/politics/ The RSS page, on the other hand, does not get updated. It keeps displaying the articles from the first time the RSS page was displayed, on 25 April. As I said, I suspect a caching problem here. Before upgrading my site to Joomla 2.5, I was using Teline III v.2 and had none of these kind of problems.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@andrewwinkler 319428 wrote:</em><blockquote>The problem is not that the articles shown on the RSS page display the wrong date, but that the RSS page does not display the latest articles. There have been many hundreds of new articles added to the site since the 25 April, but they do not show up on the RSS page, in spite of the fact that the articles are displayed on the frontpage and the blog layout page, e.g. on http://therebel.org/politics/ The RSS page, on the other hand, does not get updated. It keeps displaying the articles from the first time the RSS page was displayed, on 25 April. As I said, I suspect a caching problem here. Before upgrading my site to Joomla 2.5, I was using Teline III v.2 and had none of these kind of problems.</blockquote>
    Because Joomla gets all articles in menu in home page to create RSS and your home page currently points to “Articles ยป Featured Articles”. So generated RSS will get all featured articles.

All you need to do is to create a new category blog menu and set it as default menu on your site.

Regards.

Andrew Winkler Friend

There have been dozens of new ‘featured’ articles every day since the 25 April, in fact ALL articles in the britain, unitedstates and mideast are by default featured articles. You have the login details, you can see for yourself. The problme must be the caching.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum