Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

JA News Ticker Module Installation Guide(jaec_newsticker.zip)
    [position: headlines]

JA News Sticker module allows display of article’s title from sections or categories. You can configure the setttings in the right pane. Mutiple options for animations are also added, choose any one. If you are using this module on Teline III template, then the default module position is “headlines”.

Step 1: Installation
    You follow 3 simple steps:1/ Install the module via Joomla Installer
    2/ Assign module to the position: {headlines}
    3/ Enable the moduleOnce enabled, the module is visible on the frontend. If you are new to this stuff, follow detailed guideline HERE.

The module should look as below:

Step 2: Configuration

From the backend of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions->Module Manger, then click on module title JA News ticker for Joomla 1.5.x to enter configuration panel. Here is the Default setting of JA News Ticker for Joomla 1.5 from the Teline iii Demo Site:

Parameters Explanation:

• You can choose only one method of displaying article titles in News Ticker.
      1. Display Articles From: If you choose “RSS Link” option, the module will display articles from RSS feed. Enter the RSS feed link in previous setting option named “With RSS link” .
      2. All Categories : If enabled, then the news items from all the categories will be used by News Ticker Module.
      3. Selected Categories : Enable this and select the category to be used by this module. If you wish to use articles from multiple categories then use ctrl + click to select mutiple categories.
  • Max Articles Display: Number of Articles title to show in frontend. These would be rendered with the animation options selected below. Demo Site default is 5.
  • Sort Order By: Set the sorting option based on Date, Order or hits.
  • Order: Sort Ascending or Descending order.
  • Title Max Length: Maximum characters in Article’ title.
  • Animation Type: Choose display animation type: Opacity/ Vertical Slide top/ Horizontal slide left/ Horizontal slide right option.
  • Animation Duration: Set the Animation duration. Teline iii Demo default is 200 milisecond.
  • Animation Interval: Set the Animation Interval. Teline iii Demo default is 2000 milisecond.
  • Animation Transition: Choose from the 34 transition effects.
  • Module Width: define width of module in pixel. Teline iii Demo Default is 350.
  • Module Height: define height of module in pixel. Teline iii Demo Default is 16.
  • Advanced Parameters:

• Caching :Enable caching to help performance.
    • Cache Time :Set the Cache Time (the more the better, but must be less than your site update interval, in milisecond).
    • On Click, Open In: Choose to open the News Ticker items links either in the same window or new window.
    • Load Css File : Load Css file of Ja News Ticker. Teline iii Demo Default is Yes.

You can change all parameters as you wish.

Andrew Winkler Friend

The fields for module width and height don’t appear in my newsticker module settings.

timhigg Friend

I tried all the other animations, but the effect is always the opacity (fade out and in).
Anyone have a tip for getting the other animations to work?

zorroh Friend

i have teline iii v1.2 template and modules and plugins installed like documentation says, but i dont have
– module height
– modul width
– on click open in
– load css file
parameters as i see here in pictures

i have firefox 3.0.14

arjwad Friend

<em>@zorroh 145561 wrote:</em><blockquote>i have teline iii v1.2 template and modules and plugins installed like documentation says, but i dont have
– module height
– modul width
– on click open in
– load css file

i have firefox 3.0.14</blockquote>

I concur, these are present in the version 1.1 install, but not in the 1.2 stable. Any reason why they have been excluded ?

Personally, the ‘on click open in’ is most crucial as the headlines appear at the top of the page, and we necessarily don’t want the person to navigate away.

robert klaassens Friend

Please … any help on this. I need the click on open parameter back 😉

salvomic Friend

<em>@zorroh 145561 wrote:</em><blockquote>i have teline iii v1.2 template and modules and plugins installed like documentation says, but i dont have
– module height
– modul width
– on click open in
– load css file

i have firefox 3.0.14</blockquote>

me too.
And I need them, as in my blog headline perhaps is …too long, and it put a new line and break a bit the layout…

please, help

businesstraveller Friend

The newsticker is not valid xhtml: how to validate it?

businesstraveller Friend

Hello,

JA newsticker is not valid xhtml??

A solution?

robchocolate Friend

I have the same issue- no animations work except the fade out and in.

<em>@timhigg 145347 wrote:</em><blockquote>I tried all the other animations, but the effect is always the opacity (fade out and in).
Anyone have a tip for getting the other animations to work?</blockquote>

businesstraveller Friend

It os ok finally. We had a problem because of the personnalization of the template.

nfarhat Friend

how do i change the word “headlines” ?

deblock Friend

The news ticker mod is breaking my template in Firefox when headlines run too long. Any way to adjust? You can see the problem at: http://www.racinepost.com/joomla3

Saguaros Moderator

Hello deblock!

please try to check your site, i can not access

deblock Friend

Sorry, the address is: http://www.racinepost.com/joomla3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

This topic contains 53 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  mx5gr 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum