Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Dear feanorv!

I guess that the html source of articles have not valid. Please give the link to your site, i would like to have a closer look on the issue

Thanks

andersonacosta Friend

<em>@tienhc 163984 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello guys!

Now, i have a second options to manage the number of categories display on the module:

1) please open the file: modulesmod_janews2mod_janews2.xml and try to add this tag into file:

<param name=”max_categories_display” type=”text” default=”3″ label=”MAX CATEGORIES DISPLAY” description=”MAX CATEGORIES DISPLAY DESC” />

2) please open the file: modulesmod_janews2helper.php
    a) try to find the function loadCategories($sid) function at line 404 ( in my file ) and find codes of this function at line 422:
    [PHP] $limit = ( int ) $this->get ( ‘cols’, 2 ); [/PHP]
    replace:
    [PHP] $limit = $this->get( ‘max_categories_display’ , 3 );[/PHP]
    b) find the function getCatIDs($secid) { at line 171 and find codes of this function at line 179:
    [PHP] $limit = ( int ) $this->get ( ‘cols’, 2 );[/PHP]
    Replace:

When you customized your modules with the above way, please access the module’s confiugration and put the number of categories you expected in this “MAX CATEGORIES DISPLAY” paramter. so the module’ll display categories follow rule:
    if number of categories is greater the number of columns, then the module auto create a new row to display the remainder of categories.</blockquote>
    After making the change in the number of categories. the news to be misaligned. as I can realign. http://www.digaloporaqui.com

donq Friend

<em>@tienhc 163984 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello guys!

Now, i have a second options to manage the number of categories display on the module:

1) please open the file: modulesmod_janews2mod_janews2.xml and try to add this tag into file:

<param name=”max_categories_display” type=”text” default=”3″ label=”MAX CATEGORIES DISPLAY” description=”MAX CATEGORIES DISPLAY DESC” />

2) please open the file: modulesmod_janews2helper.php
    a) try to find the function loadCategories($sid) function at line 404 ( in my file ) and find codes of this function at line 422:
    [PHP] $limit = ( int ) $this->get ( ‘cols’, 2 ); [/PHP]
    replace:
    b) find the function getCatIDs($secid) { at line 171 and find codes of this function at line 179:
    [PHP] $limit = ( int ) $this->get ( ‘cols’, 2 );[/PHP]
    Replace:

When you customized your modules with the above way, please access the module’s confiugration and put the number of categories you expected in this “MAX CATEGORIES DISPLAY” paramter. so the module’ll display categories follow rule:
    if number of categories is greater the number of columns, then the module auto create a new row to display the remainder of categories.</blockquote>

Hi Tienhc

I have tried this but it doesn’t look right in IE.

I have send a PM with the url.

Best regards
    Brian

marinaw Friend

this is a great solution. unfortunately it doesn´t work on ie7. do you have anything new on this?

Saguaros Moderator

hmm

can you pls give me the link to your site

Thanks

andersonacosta Friend
    gsinkaos Friend

Was the solution offered ever adjusted to be IE7 compatible??

timhammond Friend

Hi
    I have a problem with my columns on janews2, see http://thebuyingagents.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=449&Itemid=567

the text fields are too wide and they overlap. Is there a way to prevent this?
    thanks
    Tim

gianfranco Friend

Hi all, what I need is to show the 3 categories in janews2 but in this order, the last 3 categories in which I put the last article.
    I mean if I have always the same 3 categories showed is not ok, I want that the 3 categories showed must be the 3 where I have insert a new articles.
    It is clear?

Thanks a lot
    G.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  gianfranco 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum