Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

We are still working out the bugs in IE, but should look fine in FF.

http://www.livinghistorysites.com

-DaveB! in Tennessee

ShannonN Friend

davebau;116339We are still working out the bugs in IE, but should look fine in FF.

-DaveB! in Tennessee

Hi dave
    sadly the site wouldn’t load fast enough for me to see it I gave up after 30 seconds, I’ll try later to ensure my connection isn’t a tad slow
    ShannonN

we2solutions Friend

I am using IE6.site is working but all the menu and the picture is not in correct way as it is in firefox.i think you must change the css files according to both ie and firefox.

thanks

sunrise Friend

The site looks very nice davebau. A great job.

If I were to offer any comments it would be that on my screen, 1024×768, the last menu item, Newsletters, is on the next line and that does not look so good.

The same problem was addressed in another thread, adn I was able to find an answer there. Here is the possible solution to that.

Talking
    Hi didima,

Just wanted to offer some possible solution to your problem here, so that you still can write LOCAL EVENTS and fit everyting on the same line.

If you go to templates/Ja_zeolite/Ja_moomenu/ja.moomenu.css and go to the section starting about line 78:

/* STYLING THE MENU
    ———————————–*/
    /* 1st level */
    #ja-cssmenu li a {
    display: block;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 110%;
    color: #777777;
    padding: 0 20px;
    line-height: 40px;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

If you change that to:

/* STYLING THE MENU
    ———————————–*/
    /* 1st level */
    #ja-cssmenu li a {
    display: block;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 110%;
    color: #777777;
    padding: 0 18px;
    line-height: 40px;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

You could experiment and see what 19 0r 17 or even 16 would do, but I believe this would help you fit all the menu items on 1 line.

If you want to see the whole thread it was

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/local-guide/

I hope I have time to go back and read some more. History is fascinating, and I’m also interested in homeschooling. Good luck with the site.

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Hi Dave

Nice and interesting site, Ja Nagya is a great template. Good to see you managed to sort out the horizontal spacing re the images (didn’t comment at the time saw your posts in another forum and others were helping). Site working ok now in IE7 as far as I can see.

My only comment for a minor improvement would be that the colour of the text in the Article ‘Coffee & Espresso Thru History!’ makes it merge into the background and so is difficult to see.

davebau Friend

thanks for the comment. We changed templates, so what once worked with the white background….

We welcome all feedback, good, bad or otherwise. It only serves to improve the site.

Thanks again.

ShannonN Friend

davebau;118492thanks for the comment. We changed templates, so what once worked with the white background….

We welcome all feedback, good, bad or otherwise. It only serves to improve the site.

Thanks again.

I see you fixed some of the tings I mentioned in my PM looking good

imsleepy Friend

<em>@davebau 116339 wrote:</em><blockquote>We are still working out the bugs in IE, but should look fine in FF.

-DaveB! in Tennessee</blockquote>

Very nice. I keep wishing I had a use for that template. I just love it.

A couple of comments. I am using IE7. On the right sidebar, there is an iframe? Nothing loaded in it, just page not found. I refreshed twice. Just wondering, is there supposed to be anything in the large space below the banner at the bottom of the content area? If so, not showing either.

Very nice. I will definately take the time to browse the entire site. I am a bit of a history buff.

instantinlaw Friend

Good luck with that template. I’ve tried 3 times. :-[ without luck.
    A couple of things you might want to look into…
    The module “Live streaming video by Ustream” is making the page hang on load & there is at least one script error, maybe more.
    Good luck! 🙂

sukran1979 Friend

<em>@davebau 116339 wrote:</em><blockquote>We are still working out the bugs in IE, but should look fine in FF.

-DaveB! in Tennessee</blockquote>
    I am using JA Nagya but not able to open from IE.
    I have checked you website in IE its working. How did you do that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sukran1979 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum