Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

My local town page, hasnt finish but comments are very welcome

http://www.normantonvoice.co.uk see what you think ? Using JA Rutile

l hope you like it and comments are very welcome good or bad ? l do try to read all much as l can so..

jimmer Friend

<em>@didima 94895 wrote:</em><blockquote>My local town page, hasnt finish but comments are very welcome

http://www.normantonvoice.co.uk see what you think ? Using JA Rutile

However pdf files are not working and no idea so dont say anythink about that</blockquote>

Site looks full of information and the towns people should find it of use…Hopefully it gets lots of activity as it looks like a lot of work went into it.

James:)

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Great website! I really like this kind of website. Clean, load fast, full of information and neat. I will give you 10 out of 10.

Kent

didima Friend

<em>@sfpkent 95022 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Great website! I really like this kind of website. Clean, load fast, full of information and neat. I will give you 10 out of 10.

Kent</blockquote>

Thanks sfpkent and l do believe that your site will be Site of the Month and Good Luck

jay973 Friend

You site looks absolutely great, I’m working on a community website myself at the moment so I will draw some inspiration (not immitation) from it.;)

sfpkent Friend

<em>@didima 95181 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks sfpkent and l do believe that your site will be Site of the Month and Good Luck</blockquote>

Thank you very much. I hope so. 🙂

sunrise Friend

Very nice site. Lots of good information and well planned. I liked the christmas jokes as well. It also gave me another reasonto try Rutile for a website.

thongtinhanquoc Friend

It seems that it’s a rich content site. I love the Xmas logo, and the site’s loading is impressing!

didim Friend

l love your site because thats made me register here and l can wait to get membership soon

sunrise Friend

<em>@didim 109226 wrote:</em><blockquote>l love your site because thats made me register here and l can wait to get membership soon</blockquote>
    Hi didim!

Welcome to Joomlart! Great templates and a nice and friendly forum. Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I have!

questbg Friend

Really nice site, quick to load and easy to use, nice job!

Good memories too, I was born in West Yorkshire 🙂

However, as I said in the SOTM competition, I wish you could get the menus in one line, rather than “LOCAL EVENTS” being on a line below and alone! Maybe this is a Mac thing and it doesn’t happen under Windows browsers?

<em>@sunrise 95404 wrote:</em><blockquote>I liked the christmas jokes as well.
    </blockquote>

The “What do snowmen eat for breakfast” joke is duplicated, may want to remove the second instance!

Cheers
    Chris

didima Friend

hi guys,

thanks for your comments, l can make some more changes but menu wont looks nice if l remove local events however l will try for little time and see what is like

sunrise Friend

Hi didima,

Just wanted to offer some possible solution to your problem here, so that you still can write LOCAL EVENTS and fit everyting on the same line.

If you go to templates/Ja_zeolite/Ja_moomenu/ja.moomenu.css and go to the section starting about line 78:

/* STYLING THE MENU
    ———————————–*/
    /* 1st level */
    #ja-cssmenu li a {
    display: block;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 110%;
    color: #777777;
    padding: 0 20px;
    line-height: 40px;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

If you change that to:

/* STYLING THE MENU
    ———————————–*/
    /* 1st level */
    #ja-cssmenu li a {
    display: block;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 110%;
    color: #777777;
    padding: 0 18px;
    line-height: 40px;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

You could experiment and see what 19 0r 17 or even 16 would do, but I believe this would help you fit all the menu items on 1 line.

😀

questbg Friend

Hi Sunrise

<em>@sunrise 109352 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just wanted to offer some possible solution to your problem here, so that you still can write LOCAL EVENTS and fit everyting on the same line.
    </blockquote>

Seems like it worked! 🙂

sunrise Friend

Hi Chris, Actually it looked like this yesterday too. I think what he did was take away the word LOCAL to make room, but hopefully, if he wants to, now he can write LOCAL EVENTS and still keep it on one line. I tried it on a demo version and it worked fine there.

Have a great day!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  didima 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum