Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Wow this has been great in one sitting I have a website! Well with only a few problems left thanks to forum responses from TomC.

1) For some reason my slide show is no longer centering the pictures.

2) Not sure exactly what they are called but the article titles like PANTIES, BRA BEAUTY, SLEEP AND LOUNGE, ect. How do I modify them?

3) change the default font size.

Thank you,
    FBNRaider

TomC Moderator

Hey There . . . I’m sorry if I asked this before, but can you provide the url to your site.
    Also, for the time being, set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings.

fbnraider Friend

http://www.essentialtransformations.com

It is strange there is a user name of Sergiosherdert email jitt.eehixkp@gmail.com. they registered the first time I was trying to get the site going. Deleted it and turned off login fairly soon after starting today and the username is back. Googled and it is all over.

fbnraider Friend

It was set to “no”.

Is there an easy way to tell which modules, articles, menuitems, etc belong to the JA theme? It would be nice if they all were easily filtered.

TomC Moderator

2) Not sure exactly what they are called but the article titles like PANTIES, BRA BEAUTY, SLEEP AND LOUNGE, ect. How do I modify them?

Open your template.css file (within path /templates/ja_methys/css/template.css)

at line 73, you should see the following:

.componentheading {
    font-family: 'BebasNeueRegular', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;
    font-style: normal;
    font-size: 500%;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #333;
    margin: 0 0 10px;
    padding: 0 0 10px;
    font-weight: normal;
    }

[FONT=arial]This is where you can play around with the font-size settings, as well as the chosen font.

As always, when you have made your modifications . . . SAVE CHANGES … CLEAR CACHE … REFRESH PAGE.

3) change the default font size.

Which “default font-size” element(s) are you wanting to modify?[/FONT]

TomC Moderator

<em>@fbnraider 288595 wrote:</em><blockquote>It was set to “no”.

Is there an easy way to tell which modules, articles, menuitems, etc belong to the JA theme? It would be nice if they all were easily filtered.</blockquote>
    Most of the JA modules/plugins/components are listed as “ja_nameofitem” within the respective extension listing.

fbnraider Friend

Okay I see where to modifiy the property of the words, but where do I change the words PANTIES, BRA BEAUTY, SLEEP AND LOUNGE, ect.

The paragraph font was what I was wanting to increase.

Any ideas on the slide show pictures not being centered?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@fbnraider 288598 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay I see where to modifiy the property of the words, but where do I change the words PANTIES, BRA BEAUTY, SLEEP AND LOUNGE, ect.</blockquote>
    If you can send me a PM with temporary site administration access, I can take a look for you and let you know exactly where you need to look.

The paragraph font was what I wanted to increase

Within template.css file –> at lines 15-22, you should see the following …

/* COMMON STYLE
    --------------------------------------------------------- */
    body {
    color: #000000;
    font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
    }

body#bd { background: #fff; color: #000; }

I believe you could add a “font-size” parameter to the body#bd rule – play around with it until you arrive at the desired display.

Any ideas on the slide show pictures not being centered?

Thanks

Still working on this one – as I have seen this issue occurring on more than one JA Methys based site.
    Will get back to you on this one.

fbnraider Friend

Hey Tom,

I sent you the login information.
    Thanks

fbnraider Friend

Any Luck? I am presenting this as my final project for class tomorrow, so I was hoping to get it fixed today…

Thanks
    Raider

TomC Moderator

I will have a response to you within the next 5 hrs or so . . . .

What part of the planet are you located (time zone)?

fbnraider Friend

Hey Tom,

I am in the Central Time Zone…

I figured out the article Titles were under the Menu Item/ Page Display Options.

But what I cannot figure out is under the FYI I have two articles “How Psychoactive Drugs Work” and “Sleep & Depression”, neither one of these will display their content. I have compared the Menu Items, and Articles to others and cannot see a difference.

So close to calling it done…

Blaine Friend

Hi fbnraider.
    First thing is the articles not showing are formatted differently suggesting they have been copied an pasted from another source.
    DO NOT to copy and paste from Word. Word corrupts the formatting.
    You need to go in and reformat the HTML of those two articles.
    There is also some weird code in the bottom of the Sleep and Depression.
    Did you write those?

fbnraider Friend

<em>@Blaine 288850 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi fbnraider.
    First thing is the articles not showing are formatted differently suggesting they have been copied an pasted from another source.
    DO NOT to copy and paste from Word. Word corrupts the formatting.
    You need to go in and reformat the HTML of those two articles.
    There is also some weird code in the bottom of the Sleep and Depression.
    Did you write those?</blockquote>

Unfortunately I have to admit that I did write those and was lazy copying them from Word, but it worked for the other ones. 🙂

When you say corrupts the formatting… deleting it out and tying it back in will fix it right?

A little over 2 years ago I bought a template from one of the bigger template sites out there and I was having problems with their template. I sent them several emails and comparing your response time to theirs… you have them beat by about a little over 2 years and counting….

Once I play with the template.css and get the default font set to Arial I will be good to go.

Thanks for your help,
    Raider

TomC Moderator

<em>@fbnraider 288855 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    A little over 2 years ago I bought a template from one of the bigger template sites out there and I was having problems with their template. I sent them several emails and comparing your response time to theirs… you have them beat by about a little over 2 years and counting….

Raider</blockquote>

Thank you for the compliments, Raider.

I asked Blaine to step in and assist with her additional thoughts and expertise – we work as a TEAM here. 🙂
    As you work through this issue further, she and/or I will be following this thread to continue to assist you as needed.

All the best with your continuing site development !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum