Hung Dinh Friend
- Join date:
- September 2014
July 31, 2008 at 3:15 am #131561
- 3310 times in 3 posts
JA Mesolite – Userguide
- For users who start your Joomla! site at the beginning, I recommend you using QuickStart package of JA Mesolite, named as ja_mesolite_quickstart_v…._j1.0.x.zip. For instruction how to use JoomlArt quickstart package, please check the QuickStart guide
- For users who new to Joomla!, there are many useful documents available at http://joomla.org about Joomla! and how to use, please spend some time to check them out.
Here is some other guides that may useful for you:
- For users that already have a site with contents and other extensions installed, please follow my instruction below to understand how JA Mesolite works:
1.1 Template Installation
After downloading JA Mesolite package and extract it, you will find template package named: ja_mesolite_template_v….._j1.0.x.zip
Proceed installation of JA Mesolite as other normal Joomla! templates. If you don’t know how to do installation or set a template as default, please check the How to install Joomla! template guide.
After installing and setting JA Mesolite as default template, your site should look like this:
To see position located in site, in Navigation toolbar input string “?tp=1” at the end of site link
1.2 Template Configuration
To configure JA Mesolite template, check How to configure Joomla! template guide!
You can change all JA Mesolite parameters as you wish.
- Logo type: Logo display in site, has two type: Image and Text
- Logo text: text displayed in logo if you choose Logo type is Text.
- Slogan: Slogan displays below logo
- Font size : Increase/Decrease font size (from 1 to 6).
- Template Width: type of template screen (Wide/Narrow screen)
- Color Variation: 3 color themes (Default, Red, Green)
- Menu Type: type of menu displayed in site (Mainmenu/Topmenu…..)
- Menu Module: include Split/Css/Moo menu
- Show Default Frontpage: two option Yes or No
- Show Component: two option Yes or No
Please click here for JA Mesolite module positions and its arrangement. Base on module positions, you can publish your modules on them to match JA Mesolite style.
Now, it is time to create custom position to place modules. and needed positions are: vm-lp, vm-fp, vm-cart, ja-news, slideshow….If you don’t know how to create module position in Joomla!, please follow this guide
II. EXTENSION INSTALLATION
When extracting JA Mesolite package, you will see the folder named Extensions. All extensions needed for Mesolite template in here, there are 3 modules packages and VirtualMart package
You check How to install Joomla! module guidefor installation.
Here are extensions used in JA Mesolite:
Note: [xx] before each extension is its position.
- [slideshow] JA Slideshow module
- [vm-lp] JA Vmproductslide module
- [ja-news] JA New module
And extension details as follow:
If your site has not VirtueMart yet, please follow these steps to install VirtueMart
Step 1: Download VirtueMart from VirtueMart website
Step 2: Install VirtueMart Component, VirtueMart Modules and others that you need
To be similar to our demo, you must install
- mod_virtuemart_featureproduct module
- mod_virtuemart_cart module
- mod_virtuemart_currency module
on demo, it looks like:
On demo, it looks like:
On demo, it looks like
Step 3: Go to Extension folder and extract ja_vm_themes.zip
Step 4: Upload extracted file to your Joomla_site_path. It is right now, if you see folder ja-mesolite in Joomla_site_path/components/com_virtuemart/themes/
Step 5: Go to Joomla! Admin>>Components>>VirtueMart>>Configuration>>Site: in Layout frame, choose ja-mesolite in dropdown list Select the theme for your shop
If your site already has VirtueMart, you only follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Extension folder and extract ja_vm_themes.zip
- Step 2: Upload extracted file to your Joomla_site_path. It is right now, if you see folder ja-mesolite in Joomla_site_path/components/com_virtuemart/themes/
- Step 3: Go to Joomla! Admin>>Components>>VirtueMart>>Configuration>>Site: in Layout frame, choose ja-mesolite in dropdown list Select the theme for your shop
So, you have integrated VirtualMart in your site.
2.2.JA Slideshow module(mod_jaslideshow.zip)
JA Slideshow module allows to show your photos with the beautiful animation effects.
On demo, it looks like:
In Admin panel, please go to Modules Manager and click on module name (mod_jaslideshow) to go to configuration page.
Here is the setting of JA Slideshow on demo:
- Start status (play, pause): Set the start status of slide show is play or pause.
- Slide Width : Width of Slideshow [px(s)]
- Slide Height : Height of Slideshow [px(s)]
- Images Folder URL : URL to folder contain images in slide show. For example: images/stories/food/ then photos in the food directory will show.
- Alt Images : Alt images will be displayed when the image not found
- Order by (1: Time; 0: File name): The order of the image
- Sort Order (zero:Random; 1:Ascending; 2: Descending ): The sort order of the image
- Set image array display : You can choose an array of images that you want to display only. Separated by comma. Ex: bread.jpg, bun.jpg, coffee.jpg
- Start image : Specific image’s name to start slide show.
- Auto resize image (0:No; 1:Yes): You can set auto resize the images with a size define. Note: This option is best with Face animation
- Display time : Display time of image on slide show. . Default value is 5.
- Transition Duration : Time of animation on slide show . Default value is 2.
- Animation Type (fade: Fading; zoom:Zooming; pan: Panning; combo:Combo – Ken Burns Effect; push:Pushing; wipe: Wiping): Animation effect that you want to display
- Percent of animation : This option used with Panning or Combo animation. You can set value from 0% – 100%. Default value is 10.
- Percent zoom effect : This option used with zoom effect only. You can set value from 0% – 100%. Default value is 10.
- Effect (Linear;Medium to Slow;Fast to Slow; …): Animation effects. Used with Wipe/Push animation only.
- Navigation type : Choose your navigation type as you want
- Show description : Display description for images.
2.3.JA Vmproductslide module(mod_ja_vmproductslide.zip)
JA VM Product Slider allow to slide show product according to category with light effect.
On demo, it looks like:
Please go to Modules Manager and click on module name (JA Vmproductslide)to go to configuration page.
Here is the setting of JA VmProductSlide on demo:
Below is parameter explanation:
- Height of div: Height of the div will display.
- Width of div : Width of the div will display
- Type of product display : Type of product display
- Category : Display content of these categories only. separate by comma ‘,’
- Number Element : Number of element will display
- Mode display (horizontal, vertical): Defines mode of the product will display.
- Show Product Price : Defines whether the product price is displayed or not.
- Show Add to cart : Defines whether the Add to cart is displayed or not.
- Auto run slide : Defines auto run slide is auto or not.
- Direction : Defines direction of slide.
- Rolling delay time : Time between two articles, in seconds
- Animation time : Time of an animation, in mili-seconds
2.4.JA News module(mod_janews.zip)
JA News module support you to configure news display with full of features that support you to display news as you wish.
On demo, it looks like:
In Admin panel, go to Modules Manager and click on JA News name to go to configuration page.
You can select what will be displayed in JA News block. Below is parameter explanation
- Module Class Suffix: A suffix to be applied to the css class of the module (table.moduletable), this allows individual module styling.
- Hidden Classes: Classes that have property such display: none. Separated by |
- Article Order: Order by date or by ordering
- Group by Category or Section: Group by Category or Section. Section recommended
- Alt Images : Alt images display when the images not found
- Category (Section) ID: Selects items from a specific Category (Section) or set of Categories (Sections), line by line. In each line, put ID and color theme, seperated by a : (Example of settings in Demo site: 13:red 14:orange 8:deepblue 12:cyan 5:green 9: pink 11:lime)
- Show Category (Section) title: Show Category (Section) title
- Intro Items: Number of intro items.
- Link Items: Number of link items.
- Show image: Show/Hide image
- Image Align: Set align of images.
- Auto resize: Auto resize image?
- Show front page article:Show front page article
- Image Width: Fixed width of the image in pixel (set to -1 if you want to leave the image’s default size)
- Image Height: Fixed height of the image in pixel (set to -1 if you want to leave the image’s default size)
- Columns: How many columns per row (Set to zero if you want to disable other news items).
- Show Readmore: Show/Hide Readmore button on category news
JA Mesolite came with a rich typography to give users more ability to customize content look and feel. Please check all JA Mesolite typography here at JA Mesolite Typography
IV. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
Q: How can I create module position in Joomla! ?
A: Please follow this guide to create module positions.
Q: How can I make a custom HTML module?
A: In Module Manager, Click on New button. Then select Custom HTML, and click Next. Fill your HTML code to Custom Output textarea and click Save. You will have a new Custom Module as you expected.
Q: Why I need to do many things to make template work? Why don’t you just provide template only?
A: JoomlArt template is More than just a Template. When you download template package from JoomlArt, you will have all extensions included. The template simply will not be perfect without a hand of extensions. It will not only make your site more attractive but also provide users more features and ability to explore your site easier.Usahawan Terbilang Friend
August 1, 2008 at 3:49 pm #263455
- Join date:
- June 2007
i recieved error after fresh installed the quickstart file.
i have figure out that the error is because of [Your Shopping Cart] & Module.
If i disable both module, then my website can view normally.
This is my website http://www.dclbiz.com/v4/index.php
now i disable temporarily the modules(Your Shopping Cart & Currency Selector)
Please help/advise me how to fix this.
We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum