Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi All 🙂

I want to create a extra field with a Date Range where you can choose a Date from and to, but how do i do that. I have tried Google and Joomlarts forums, but no luck.

My online users should be able to filter my articles by "Date from and Date to" , dates that i decide… ( Extra Field )

example : filter Dates from 20th to 25th of may

Note : if i choose "Calendar" as Field Type, i can only choose 1 date in Articles, and not Date Range in Megafilter or in public

So which Field Type ? and how do i config the rest ?

Looking forward for a helpfull answer 🙂

Best Regards

PawWest

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,
    What extension you use JA MegaFilter to filter ?

In JA MegaFilter, on Field you want to display as Date Range, choose Filter Type is Date, on front-end, that field will display as Date Range. You can see on our demo here: http://ja-megafilter-content.demo.joomlart.com/# (Part Published Date)

PawerDesign Friend

Hi Luna Garden 🙂

Thank you for assisting me.

I use JA megafilter to filter.

in Fields i chose "Calendar" as Type, theres no "Date" or "Date Range". Maybe im missing something ?

In Ja Megafilter Component its only possible to choose "Date". In front-end its shows To & From dates. But in backend when creating an article its only possible to have 1 date. I have attached a screenshot.

1. Skærmbillede-2017-05-31-kl.-14.20.53

Best Regards

PawWest

PawerDesign Friend

i forgot to attach the frontend screenshot of Date 🙂

1. Skærmbillede-2017-05-31-kl.-14.49.35

Best Regards

PawWest

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

But in backend when creating an article its only possible to have 1 date. I have attached a screenshot.

JA Megafilter only supports you to filter, create Article belongs to third party extension that you used, and JA Megafilter doesn’t relate to this function.

PawerDesign Friend

Let me see if i understand this correct 🙂

So if im not able to choose Date Range as type in ( Joomla – Content – Fields ) its a Joomla fail and belongs to a Joomla forum ?

I thought that JA Megafilter was suppose to add that type..

Or where is it i should be able to choose Date Range ?

Best Regards

PawWest

thesdhotel Friend

The Joomla Custom field is the Date field.
    Then you will be able to use a Date field with a Date Range layout when you add the Date Field in your Megafilter.

PawerDesign Friend

Hi thesdhotel and others 🙂

In Joomla custom field i can choose Calendar as type. there is no Date field ?

i have created a filter called Date with Calendar as type.

In megafilter its only possible to choose Date not Date Range..

So where do i go wrong ?

Best Regards

PawWest

thesdhotel Friend

Yeah, by "Date field", I meant the Calendar field. And when you select the "Date" type in megafilter, that’s the Date Range layout.

You’re not doing anything wrong. If you’re looking for a Joomla field called Date Range, that does not exist. "Date Range" is only a view layout provided by megafilter to show the Joomla Calendar field.

So if im not able to choose Date Range as type in ( Joomla – Content – Fields ) its a Joomla fail and belongs to a Joomla forum ?

Yes exactly.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  thesdhotel.
    PawerDesign Friend

Thank for answering 🙂

So in other words, Im not able to create an article with a custom field named "Date" Where i could put a Date Range in ?

Like when we think of an article which can be Published from a date and to a date

That´s what i need, but with a custom field, where i can decide the Name and the Dates, And viewers should be able to see the articles all ways, so thats why i think i can’t use the "Published from a date and to a date" part.

Best Regards

PawWest

thesdhotel Friend

Yeah, there is no Date Range field in Joomla right now unfortunately.

A suggestion I could give you is to use two Calendar fields.

• The first one is "Started publishing"
    • The second one is "Finished publishing"

So by combining the two fields filtering you can obtain a similar result to what you need.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  thesdhotel.
    Luna Garden Moderator

@PawerDesign:

That´s what i need, but with a custom field, where i can decide the Name and the Dates, And viewers should be able to see the articles all ways, so thats why i think i can’t use the "Published from a date and to a date" part.

Joomla Article does have option to set Date time Publish & Finish Publish, but doesn’t show the value on front-end. If Finish Publish time on, the article won’t show any more. http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/1063/8057915346.png

PawerDesign Friend

@luna Garden

I think im not clear in my explanation and then it becomes hard to help, sorry 🙂

In public, users should be able to search after articles which contain information on events and with Dates of when when they are held, in a date range. ex. from 10th of June to 14th of June, so i dont think i can use Published, be course the articles should always be shown. And if an article is unpublished viewers can’t see it.

If it worked, viewers can choose events by date and plan which camp to choose.

Maybe there’s a solution im missing in your answer ?

Best Regards

PawWest

PawerDesign Friend

@thesdhotel

how can i combine two fields ?

i looked and i can’t find anywhere to do it…

Best Regards

PawWest

thesdhotel Friend

You don’t "combine them". They are two separate fields. When filtering in the front-end of the site, you have to use both separatedly to get the date range you want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PawerDesign 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum