Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JA Mageia – Userguide

• For users who start your Joomla! site at the beginning, I recommend you using QuickStart package of JA Mageia, named as ja_mageia_quickstart_v…_j1.0.x.zip. For instruction how to use JoomlArt quickstart package, please check the QuickStart guide
    • For users who new to Joomla!, there are many useful documents available at http://joomla.org about Joomla! and how to use, please spend some time to check them out.
    • Here is some other guides that may useful for you:

• For users that already have a site with contents and other extensions installed, please follow my instruction below to understand how JA Mageia works:

I. TEMPLATE

1.1 Template Installation

After downloading JA Mageia package and extract it, you will find template package named: ja_mageia_template_v…_j1.0.x.zip

Proceed installation of JA Mageia as other normal Joomla! templates. If you don’t know how to do installation or set a template as default, please check the How to install Joomla! template guide.

After installing and setting JA Mageia as default template, your site should look like this:

To see position located in site, in Navigation toolbar input string “?tp=1” at the end of site link

1.2 Template Configuration

To configure JA Mageia template, check How to configure Joomla! template guide!

You can change all JA Mageia parameters as you wish.

Please click here for JA Mageia module positions and its arrangement. Base on module positions, you can publish your modules on them to match JA Mageia style.

If you don’t know how to create module position in Joomla!, please follow this guide

II. EXTENSION INSTALLATION

When extracting JA Mageia package, you will see the folder named Extensions. All extensions needed for Mageia template in here, there is a module package: JA Newsflash module

You check How to install Joomla! module guide for installation.

2.1 JA Newsflash module(mod_newsflash.zip)
    [position: user5]

On demo, it looks like:

In Admin panel, go to Modules>Site Modules and click on module name ( JA Newsflash )to go to configuration page.

Here is the setting of JA Newsflash on demo:

Below is Parameters explanation:

• Module class suffix: You can know more about it in Getting started section
    • Category: Determine which news category will be show in JA Newsflash module.
    • Rolling delay time: Time between newsflash.
    • Linked titles: Make title of news as link
    • Style class: Animation effect.
    • Height of div: height of your newsflash.
    • Templates: This is markup of your newsflash, an advanced function, help you design your newflash.

2.2. Module suffix

Joomla have specific parameter named Module suffixes let you design your module in custom look. JoomlArt templates usually comes with serveral built-in module styles. To add module suffix to your current module, do step belows:

• In your administrator area, on the top go to Module -> Site Modules
    • There is a list of current modules in your site. Click on a module title to edit module.
    • In Module detail information page, scroll page to bottom you will see parameter: Module Suffixes
    • Type your module suffixes (usually have form: -nameofsuffix)
    • After that, click Save to save new module parameter.
    • Now refresh your main site to see how it changed.

III. GUIDE FOR BUILDING SITE BASED ON JA MAGEIA

3 bottom spotlight modules

JA Mageia have three bottom spotlight modules in positions: user1, user2, user8. You can create your own modules and publish them to these position.

Specific banner image for each menu item

Header images are stored in templates/ja_mageia/images/header/
    You can copy your own images into here and declare images in template/ja_mageia/index.php . In this file, you have this line:

$ja_header_images = array (‘header1.jpg’, ‘header2.jpg’);

Remember that: width of banner in narrow screen is: 576px / 200px. In wide screen is: 731px / 200px

IV. TYPOGRAPHY

JA Mageia came with a rich typography to give users more ability to customize content look and feel. Please check all JA Mageia typography here at JA Mageia Typography

V. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION

Q: I want to add a template position in to my Joomla!
    A: Go to your Administration Panel, Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add your template positions and hit the Save button.

Q: Where can I change my footer?
    A: If you want to change or remove something in the footer, just open the “ja_justicia/footer.php” then modify it to suite your needs.

Q: My images take a lot of white space and do not look good?
    A: The {mosimage} may show some extra padding and margin. To solve this problem, go to your Joomla! Administrator -> Mambots -> Site Mambots and change the margin and padding parameters of MOS Image mambot to 0.
    Q: Images without caption are stuck with text?
    A: It is because Joomla! generates the code different when {mosimage} has and doesn’t have its caption. So when you decide that the image will not having a caption, put it between the div tag like this <div class=”mosimage” style=”float: left;”>{mosimage}</div>

Q: What’s a module style? And module class suffix?
    A: Almost modules offer you a parameter called Module Class Suffix. Set a value for this parameter and you will have your module’s appearance differs from the others. JA templates often provide you some module styles which can be found in Module Styles area of the guide.

Q: I changed my default color/font/resolution but when I refresh the page, it didn’t change?
    A: JA template use client’s cookie to save your preferences. If you made change to default value, please close the browser, open a blank new window and then clear the browser’s cookie. You’ll see the new preferences applied.

Q: Some of my menu looks horrible. Why?
    A: Menus in JA templates are designed with the most semantic mark up are used over the net, it’s the list style. If you made change to the menu type, go to you menu module and change the menu type parameter to Flat List. It will solve the problem.

Q: I want to change some graphic contents
    A: PSD/PNG files and fonts can be found in the template’s source package. Please download the file at our download page in case you need to modify something.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum