Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Can someone please just post some simple instructions/documention for setting up this mod? It seems that everyone is having the same issues? How frustrating!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

When you download that package, extract it.
    In the modules folder, you will find the mod_newsflash folder.

andreipopel Friend

I took the module from the new lolite package for j.1.5.10 and no change. Still doesn’t rotate. Wonder why, last time it worked, and now, with a new – clean install..got bugs.

And there is no new ja_newsflash, it.s the same 10.0 module….it’s really frustrating…3 articles, only 3 articole to rotate…and they still call this a proffesional template…

majdi2 Friend

Looks like a lot of people are having this same problem and there seems to be no clear solution. Can someone please put this issue to rest.

alesbeltrame Friend

Hi everybody. I got the same issue (only first image shown, no cycling) on my production Linux machine managed by my ISP. On my local web server (WAMP package) everything was fine.

I then used Firebug extension and got a hint about the fix: It turned out that there was an internal server error (HTTP error code 500) cused by a permissions issue on /modules/mod_janewsflash/ja_newsflash folder. After I changed permissions to 755 everything was working as expected.

I still have to figure out why the installation of the module didn’t set the permissions correctly.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  alesbeltrame 14 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum