Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi there. I’ve enabled newsflash, and it randomly goes to one of the two articles I’ve created — but does not cycle through. Thanks for your help.

http://awb-winnipeg.ca/testsite/

Anonymous Moderator

Hi andrewlovatt,

This issue is from the old module.
    I have installed the lasted ja newsflash module.

The website is working fine.

Please check again.

andrewlovatt Friend

Hello, thanks for updating the module. The lower text of the newsflash module is not displaying. This is likely due to the fact that I have modified the header of the page. The text needs to be moved up in order to display, but the image seems to be working fine. Can you help with this or tell me where the position value is located?

Thank you.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi andrewlovatt,

You try to adjust the content of articles.
    Besides, open template.css file in templates/ja_iolite/css folder, at about line 894, find following script:

#ja-topsl .nftitle {
    color:#FA6900;
    font-size:300%;
    margin:0;
    padding:40px 0 0;
    }

and change to:
    #ja-topsl .nftitle {
    color:#FA6900;
    font-size:300%;
    margin:0;
    padding:5px 0 0;
    }

Hope it helps.

andrewlovatt Friend

That worked well – thanks! Another problem has come up unfortunately – in the old module, it was possible to specify the # of articles to cycle, I believe. This one gives no such option, so only 2 of the 3 articles I’ve created and published are displaying in newsflash.

I’ve read a number of posts on this topic, creating a new section/category, moving the articles over and pointing the module at the new category – to no success. Have also tried clearing cashes (both in browser and in the administrator) with the module disabled temporarily.

Only thing I can think of now is possibly to remove and reinstall the module. Would you be able to point me to the address/download I require and also a userguide for the module if available/instructions that will permit me to do this?

Thanks!

andrewlovatt Friend

Above problem seems to have worked itself out overnight, proving that choosing to “sleep on it” often has very positive results. How strange.

majdi2 Friend

<blockquote>Hi andrewlovatt,

This issue is from the old module.
    I have installed the lasted ja newsflash module.

The website is working fine.

Please check again.</blockquote>

Im having the same problem with mod_janewsflash v1.0.0 and I could not find the download link for this mod, can you please point me in the right direction.

jsliao Friend

<em>@majdi2 113132 wrote:</em><blockquote>Im having the same problem with mod_janewsflash v1.0.0 and I could not find the download link for this mod, can you please point me in the right direction.</blockquote>

just download any template quickstart package which is using ja newsflash. the module should be inside the package

majdi2 Friend

Hi jsliao,

I downloaded the quickstart package for the JA Iolite, the Newsflash mod in it seems to have a bug, not rotating as it should, stops displaying images after first image. This thread indicates there is a newer version for the Newsflash mod.

Where can I find this?
    Also, where can I find the latest update for the JA Tabs Mod?

This quickstart package dose not seem to have the latest updates for these mods, your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

nadgobxe Friend

good tips got the same prob.

majdi2 Friend

Anyone on this yet?

andrewlovatt Friend

Yes — it’s been solved. Thanks though.

majdi2 Friend

Can you please provide the link to the updated versions for these mods, I cant seem to find them.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi majdi2,

Please try to download this quickstart package.

At this folder, you will find the lastest Newsflash module

majdi2 Friend

Hi,

Thanks for the post, but it did not show any link. It seems the the download folder for this template is not available at this time. I just searched for it and I could not find it.

Please help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  alesbeltrame 14 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum