Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

JA Kyanite for Joomla 1.6

You have promised, that when Joomla 1.6 will have been released, you will immediatly release the version for 1.6. So when will this be??? >:(

Anonymous Moderator

Be patient please !

Our SQA team is under rush progress and it is scheduled to come out very very soon.

Remember subscribe to our blog, so that you would be notified of their releases. We usually use Twitter too for such announcement.

aimsln Friend

I except it will take over 6 months until you guys will release JA Kyanite I for Joomla 1.6
    Since Joomla 1.6 has released only 5 templates are avaible for Joomla 1.6. It seems you have some problems with that.
    This is really suprising for me, because you have said that it is really easy to convert the templates!
    Why you don’t get help from the JA users? :((

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear aimsln,

Its easy to convert JA T3 V2 based templates to J 1.6 T3 framework 2. For all the other templates it is going to take time and rest assured, the work is in full swing.

Everyone wants their template to be converted for Joomla 1.6 quickly, all the T3 templates are being worked upon and will be released first. 3-4 T3 templates (V1 or V2) are scheduled for this weekend. Though none of them will have k2 support and would be tagged beta until the 3rd party extension support is enabled again.

Please have patience, it can not be done overnight and will take time.

Arvind

aimsln Friend

What is k2? I just need the template!!!

iguinee Friend

I would refer you to this post.

I was also wondering about the schedule.

I hope this will answer your query.

Phill Moderator

<em>@aimsln 216082 wrote:</em><blockquote>What is k2? I just need the template!!!</blockquote>

K2 is a content creation system that special styling has been integrated into many of the later JA templates. The current releases for 1.6 cannot use K2 as K2 is not yet available. As you can see, even without K2 the templates are being released and will be marked as Beta until K2 is available so that in itself will not delay the release of the back catalogue of templates.

As has already been mentioned by Arvind, the dev team are working double overtime to get templates released as quickly as possible. 5 have already been released and another 4 are scheduled for release over the coming days. From my understanding all the T3V2 templates will be the first available followed by the T3V1 templates. As such you should not have to wait too lonk for Kayanite to become available.

iguinee Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 216174 wrote:</em><blockquote>…From my understanding all the T3V2 templates will be the first available followed by the T3V2 templates. </blockquote>

Hi Phill,

Please check that statement again. I believe there is a typing error there.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@iguinee 216437 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Phill,

Please check that statement again. I believe there is a typing error there.</blockquote>

I updated his post with the correction.
    <blockquote>
    followed by the T3V1 templates</blockquote>

Thanks for the report.

Arvind

jensw_2000 Friend

<em>@JA Developer 214936 wrote:</em><blockquote>…Our SQA team is under rush progress and it is scheduled to come out very very soon…..</blockquote>
    What a joke! :((

I have bought and renewed my JAT account at that time only because I would like to have “Kyanite I” for Joomla 1.6.
    Unfortunately it looks as if I had the account paid for nothing, because the conversion of the template
    with you asleep obvious.
    Too bad, but once again I will not pay any money without getting my template in return.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@jensw_2000 246377 wrote:</em><blockquote> because the conversion of the template
    with you asleep obvious.
    </blockquote>

I strongly disagree with you on that and let me remind you JA has been working overtime since last year to get the Joomla 1.6 templates and extensions upgraded and in maintaining them. We are the only club to have upgraded / released so many templates and extensions for Joomla 1.6, you can cross check the same.

This month alone apart from regular release we have released JA social for Joomla 1.6 and JA Edenite for Joomla 1.6 .

We have paused the upgrade process for templates to Joomla 1.6, in the wake of Joomla 1.7 coming up and joomla 1.6 going dead soon after that.

We will continue the upgrade of older templates to Joomla 1.7 once we move all our Joomla 1.6 templates and extensions to Joomla 1.7. Joomla 1.7 is expected to be released stable in July 2nd week.

Arvind

TomC Moderator

<em>@jensw_2000 246377 wrote:</em><blockquote>What a joke! :((

I have bought and renewed my JAT account at that time only because I would like to have “Kyanite I” for Joomla 1.6.
    Unfortunately it looks as if I had the account paid for nothing, because the conversion of the template
    with you asleep obvious.
    Too bad, but once again I will not pay any money without getting my template in return.</blockquote>

Exactly what more do you expect to be able to do with a J1.6 Ja-Kyanite that you cannot do with the current J1.5 version? Not to mention the fact that the vast majority of available extensions that you might like to utilize are neither upgraded for nor compliant with J1.6.

Honestly, it is really rather difficult to understand and/or lend credence to the feigned “outrage” here when the fact of the matter is that there is virtually nothing you cannot accomplish with a J1.6 JA-Kyanite than you cannot accomplish (and then some) with the readily available and absolutely functional J1.5 JA-Kyanite. If you believe otherwise, I would very much like to hear your rationale as to what makes a J1.6 version so much better than what you can do with the current version . . . that is, assuming you have tried.

Instead of waiting … why not work with the available JA-Kyanite template – if such is your favorite and/or most suitable for what you want to do – and create the website you’ve been envisioning? For all intents and purposes, what is stopping you?

neurdenburg Friend

Dear Joomlart team,
    Since Joomla will no longer provide security updates for version 1.5 starting this month, the need for an update is now becoming most urgent! My clients are screaming down the telephone for me to take action but I can’t because you don’t seem to have any updates for versions 1.7/2.5 available. Can you please tell me when I can expect the updated version?

regards.

TomC Moderator

At this time JA still does not know whether there will be a big push to go and re-visit older templates and add new features to them. JA still have a number of components to update and test and those are the priority at the moment. JA Voice, and JA Comment are 2 examples of big components that are actively being worked on.

However, it is my understanding that our JA Devs have given the “thumbs up” to agreeing to update a number of our older J1.5 Templates – though there is neither a list nor timeframe we can provide at this particular time as to when this will occur. In the meantime, there ARE methods to update the Joomla version manually – from J1.5 to J1.7/J2.5 – instructions for which are available within our Member Community Forum Sections.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/migrating-from-j1-5-to-j1-7-to-j2-5/

Phill Moderator

Just to add to the above comment, JA Comment is already done for Joomla 2.5 and has been for a few weeks now and the job the team have done is fantastic. Does’nt help you with Kayanite sadly. I liked that one too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum