Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have seen the announcement on the blog and there are just 2 things that are unclear.

The title says …templates release and schedule

The first problem is, there is NO schedule shown on the post.

Second problem is, in the above announcement, we noticed that it was mentioned that templates will be released DAILY. But that mention has been removed.

So far, there are only four J! 1.6 templates.

The question is: what is the release schedule ?

Thank you for your continued professionalism.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi,

Let me clarify the second problem first, It was an typo mistake and instead of weekly release it got out as daily release, extremely sorry for the mistake.

The schedule for release is broadly few templates (3-4) templates per week. It is very difficult to get the exact names / chronological order of release as teams are working on all of them.

For now, i can tell you that this weekend release will comprise of JA Ores, JA Cloris and JA Teline IV…. based on many requests in forum, Hung got the team to work on Teline IV release, though it would not have any update for K2 or flexicontent and all would be marked as beta as with the earlier 4 template release.

Arvind

milsirhc Friend

How about Rasite?

It’s not on T3 Framework 2 for J1.5, does that mean it will take even longer like months?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Ok this is how it will be dealt, JA T3 Framework 2 first, then T3 framework 1 and then others…

JA Rasite is being worked upon, expect it next weekend . Though dont quote this.

Arvind

milsirhc Friend

drarvindc: Thanks mate! You made my day! I won’t hold you on that day but it’s a good estimation for us when we can start working on our projects! 🙂

Cheers!

markote Friend

<em>@drarvindc 216012 wrote:</em><blockquote>

… JA Teline IV…. based on many requests in forum, Hung got the team to work on Teline IV release, though it would not have any update for K2 or flexicontent and all would be marked as beta as with the earlier 4 template release.

Arvind</blockquote>

https://twitter.com/joomlaworks/status/24525321768280064 :((

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Well,

We would give K2 a month before we take it up for updating our templates. So if they release in feb 2011, we will take it up in march for upgrading our templates, it all depends upon how stable K2 release would be.

Arvind

iguinee Friend

<em>@drarvindc 216012 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Let me clarify the second problem first, It was an typo mistake and instead of weekly release it got out as daily release, extremely sorry for the mistake.

The schedule for release is broadly few templates (3-4) templates per week. It is very difficult to get the exact names / chronological order of release as teams are working on all of them.

For now, i can tell you that this weekend release will comprise of JA Ores, JA Cloris and JA Teline IV…. based on many requests in forum, Hung got the team to work on Teline IV release, though it would not have any update for K2 or flexicontent and all would be marked as beta as with the earlier 4 template release.

Arvind</blockquote>

Thank you for the clarification. Considering the amount of work to be done, I believe this is reasonnable and, at the same time, I would say this must be the most challeging New Year for JA of all new years.

Keep up the good work!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@iguinee 216065 wrote:</em><blockquote> Considering the amount of work to be done, I believe this is reasonnable and, at the same time, I would say this must be the most challeging New Year for JA of all new years.

Keep up the good work!</blockquote>

Yeah,

So far so good, going great so far and we do seem like well prepared for the year, Only the year end will tell how we fared…

Thanks for the understanding and support.

Regards

Arvind

aimsln Friend

I do not want to wait 6 months or more until JA Kyanite I is released for Joomla 1.6. I think I will change my template to some other version. And I do not care about K2… you guys promised stuff and you could not stand for it! >:(

TomC Moderator

<em>@aimsln 216132 wrote:</em><blockquote>I do not want to wait 6 months or more until JA Kyanite I is released for Joomla 1.6. I think I will change my template to some other version. And I do not care about K2… you guys promised stuff and you could not stand for it! >:(</blockquote>

What exactly was “promised” that JA is “not standing for?”

:confused:

iguinee Friend

We are all expecting one or several other templates to be released.

<blockquote>I think I will change my template to some other version. And I do not care about K2… you guys promised stuff and you could not stand for it! </blockquote>

Joomlart is not an ice cream production factory where you just press a button and you get the output on a scone. Templates need to be worked on and tested to satisfy the demand, which is high. Most of us know that J! 1.5.x is going to be arround and supported until 2012.

If you are not seeing your 1.6 template here, and are not patient to wait, just stick with J! 1.5.

In IT and in this world, there is nothing 100% garanteed, at all times. The guys need time to make the magic happen and we are waiting for our favorite templates. I am waiting for about 4-5 templates and none of them is out yet.

Extensions like K2 are not developed by JA, but by a third party. Right now, I am devlopping a site on J! 1.5 and the template I am using is, probably, going to be the last one to be released, b’coz it is an old one, or one of the first JA Templates.

I am waiting… just as a patient.

Happy New Year!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  iguinee 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum