Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have download the JA K2 Migration package and installed it on a new Joomla installation i did on my localhost. I exported all the K2 tables and Joomla user tables from my live site and imported them into the localhost database just to test the plugin. I have a little over 64,000 items, 800 tags in 66 categories. i dont have any extra fields configured and i don’t have k2 comments.

I changed max_execution_time to 8000 seconds .
    changed session lifetime in global configuration to 60 minutes.

I finally started the migration process with no Joomla categories and articles in com-content. So all K2 categories were matched to Auto fields in options.

Migration process started and I started getting the notice of 50 items , 50 items which i understood as the plugin was migrating the items 50 at a time. This lasted for like 2 hours and then it just stopped. when i checked article manager, only about 12000 items had been migrated ( Wondering why it stopped when all the items hadn’t been moved)
    could it because of the session lifetime of 60 minutes i set i global config?

What can i do to properly move all the items. Is there a way to change the number of items moved at a time? like change 50 to like 100 or 200?

Is it possible to move all 64000 items?

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

This lasted for like 2 hours and then it just stopped. when i checked article manager, only about 12000 items had been migrated

Yes, the Migration process is stopped by Joomla time out. You can just Login again then the Process will be continued from the last time.

Is there a way to change the number of items moved at a time? like change 50 to like 100 or 200?

You can change the number of item moved at a time, but total time for migration won’t be changed cause Number request is still the same, it won’t be faster as you imagined.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum